PDA

View Full Version : Rear tie rods seased ?

Dr.Drew
10-19-2005, 11:03 AM
car is at the dealership getting an alignment they have phoned me that the rear tie rods are seased. what are these parts and what should i pay to get them replaced

benzfan
10-19-2005, 01:09 PM
You'll have to get them to clarify exactly what they mean and give you a price. It would be better if you could say "show me" to them, as garages of all stripes are notorious for the phone call telling you it will cost more. That's why I always wait for my car and make them show me everything. The only thing I've ever seen "sieze" on a 202 is the eccentric bolt that can adjust the toe of the rear wheels. Replacing it should be done as a matter of course when doing an alignment, just to make the job go smoothly, but it's just a bolt and is correspondingly cheap. I've never seen anything else refuse to move.

Dr.Drew
10-19-2005, 02:38 PM
well i just got royally Fu*ked it cost close to 700 dollars for an alignment and the service sucked i hate going to the dealer and today my mercedes is forsale i dont care any more i hate the brand, i will get something else that i can work on my self

c280nz
10-19-2005, 03:57 PM
:( Dont send your car to the stealership there bad people :(
Sorry to hear that man......

Ashkan's C280
10-19-2005, 04:18 PM
indo shop man I was getting raped when it went to the dealer too, align should not cost more than 170 tops... mercs are nice especially yours... please do not sell

benzfan
10-19-2005, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Dr.Drew
today my mercedes is forsale

You'll end up giving someone a well maintained vehicle for less than it's worth to you. Dealership mechanics don't wear long robes and practise some dark art known only to the ancient dwellers of the Black Forest. Working on your car is no more difficult than a Honda. Troubleshooting is easy enough too with a scan tool and some basic knowledge. Don't give up. You go to a tire shop for your tires, and an exhaust shop for your cat or muffler. The dealer likes to sell parts, not just labor, as do all shops. Stick with the specialty shops for all but the trickiest jobs that require special dealer-only tools, and slowly tackle more of the routine and not-so-routine stuff yourself. The worst that can happen is you'll have to buy more parts because you've broken something or you'll have to expand your tool selection mid-job.

martattack
10-19-2005, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Dr.Drew
well i just got royally Fu*ked it cost close to 700 dollars for an alignment and the service sucked i hate going to the dealer and today my mercedes is forsale i dont care any more i hate the brand, i will get something else that i can work on my self

Why can't you work on your Mercedes yourself? When it comes down to it, it's just like any other car. I do all the work on my Mercedes.

Dr.Drew
10-19-2005, 05:28 PM
how do you do an alignment with out the machine ?

I do all my work my self thats why I know i got fu*ked

c280nz
10-19-2005, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by benzfan
. The worst that can happen is you'll have to buy more parts because you've broken something or you'll have to expand your tool selection mid-job.
haha amen to that :)
Yea i do all the work i can on my car also, but ur right ya cant do a wheel alignement yourself and have to trust other people.
Maby look around for another dealer.
i get my alignment done at a good tire shop with a flash new machine so it is done ok. that way they cant sell you parts mid job.
But yea dont sell your C, you will regret it, unless you go get a manual bmw or something but meh,
as said bad luck

fastmayte
10-19-2005, 07:09 PM
i work on the benz my self. infact, it's one of the simplest to work on (except figuring out after 20 mins that the door lock switch is a neg and pos for one wire, thought i was going crazy with the voltmeter)...
but overall, it's easy to work on. if u just look at something and think about it for a second and have basic knowledge of (left is loose, right is tight, which i still sometimes lack), it'll be straight forward.

by the way, i get mostly all my parts from the dealer and ebay. so far, all my parts have been cheap. MOST even cheaper than honda's or toyota's.

but i got a 94 accord. cuz i wanted a 5spd and something easy to swap motors, or mod.

Abuimad
10-19-2005, 10:12 PM
Damn dont sell your carr, its a shame if you sell it, you will looose heaps of money, and let alone loose an ausome car, wich you maintained so well....i have a small questiion..what is alighnment and how does the machine do it ??

alhacker
10-21-2005, 03:50 AM
Originally posted by Abuimad
Damn dont sell your carr, its a shame if you sell it, you will looose heaps of money, and let alone loose an ausome car, wich you maintained so well....i have a small questiion..what is alighnment and how does the machine do it ??

ya3nni mizan wo trisross

Abuimad
10-21-2005, 04:10 AM
mizan wo trisrous, trisrous i get it free in leb, how much does the mizan cost ???

Dr.Drew
10-21-2005, 05:46 AM
foshizzle... What the duce !

alhacker
10-21-2005, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Abuimad
mizan wo trisrous, trisrous i get it free in leb, how much does the mizan cost ???

$20 if the parts are all ok, like nothing is bent ....