PDA

View Full Version : Coolant level failure.

mike816
10-21-2005, 05:53 AM
This is an ongoing issue with my car. The coolant level light turned on a few months back. The car had more that enough collant, I unplugged the cable under the coolant level sensor and saw no corrosion at all, plugged it back in, light is still on, I flushed out the entire system and changed the coolant. The light is still on. I got so pissed so i bought a brandnew level sensor, and guess what, its still on. I dont know what else to do, any ideas people?.

Perinchery
10-28-2005, 02:27 PM
I hv been having the same issue...
The coolant light has come up even with more than enough coolant.... Where is the coolant levell sensor located?

96 C220

benzaddict
10-28-2005, 09:40 PM
You're going to think I'm crazy, but you most likely need a new washer tank level sensor. The washer sensor and coolant level sensor are wired "in-series" and voltage coded so that at a certain resistance value either the washer light or coolant light will go on in the instrument cluster. Most often what happens when the washer tank sensor fails is that it turns on the coolant level light. The washer sensor is less than $30 so give it a try, I'll bet it'll fix it.

jnenad16
10-28-2005, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by benzaddict
You're going to think I'm crazy, but you most likely need a new washer tank level sensor. The washer sensor and coolant level sensor are wired "in-series" and voltage coded so that at a certain resistance value either the washer light or coolant light will go on in the instrument cluster. Most often what happens when the washer tank sensor fails is that it turns on the coolant level light. The washer sensor is less than $30 so give it a try, I'll bet it'll fix it.
I was gonna say that, but benzaddict beat me to it. :D

nenad

Perinchery
10-31-2005, 06:06 AM
Thx Benzaddict for your valuable inputs...
Yes as you said my washer light and the coolant light has been intermittently turning on and off....
I guess I'll replace the washer level sensor...

96 C220

mike816
11-02-2005, 09:04 AM
I replaced the Washer level sensor but I'm still having the same issue