PDA

View Full Version : Noise in Climate Control

Polestar
10-21-2005, 06:34 AM
I have a '99 C280 and everything in the climate control system works well. However, is it normal to hear small sounds from actuators ( I guess) and ducts opening or closing when I change operation from say, cabin heat to defrost,
as an example?

Thanks

stox
10-21-2005, 07:21 AM
Yes, perfectly normal.

benzfan
10-21-2005, 07:42 PM
Worry when you stop hearing them moving or slamming occasionally against their seals.

Polestar
10-22-2005, 09:05 AM
Thanks for the feedback!

I've had the car three months and when I heard those noises (which to be honest are not that loud, I don't normally notice them) my imagination saw hundreds of dollars of repair bills. Electronics are usually beyond me.

Abuimad
10-22-2005, 10:17 AM
yeah well, i was like you clueless, now after joining this website, i learned a looot of stuff, and when i go to my mechanics and body shop workers, i know when they are talking bullshit and i know when they are being honest...seriously i never benefeted from a site as much as i benefeted from this site....

jnolte
10-22-2005, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Abuimad
yeah well, i was like you clueless, now after joining this website, i learned a looot of stuff, and when i go to my mechanics and body shop workers, i know when they are talking bullshit and i know when they are being honest...seriously i never benefeted from a site as much as i benefeted from this site....

good, now dont ruin it ;)