PDA

View Full Version : Rubbing or some kind of sound coming from front...

FreeStyler
10-23-2005, 09:40 AM
I'm running 18X8 all around, with no fender rolling. NOT LOWERED.

When I make a complete u-turn u hear this weird hummm/rubbing noise, but u can feel it in the steering wheel also. Additionally, at high speeds on the freeway 65+ when the freeway has some turns i can hear the same sound coming from the front of the car but this time Im not even turning my wheel to the max, this is just a slight freeway turn. I dont know whats wrong, but there isnt any signs of rubbing on any of the fenders or wheel wells. Could it be some sort of suspension problem? Thanks for any advice!

c280nz
10-23-2005, 01:08 PM
im running this sorta set-up, well i was b4 lowering, and at standard hight i didtn get any rubbing :confused:
maby take your wheel off and have a good look around, take both wheels off cos when i lowered the drivers side was worse than the passangers side. if its making rubbing noise u should be able to c it :)

stox
10-23-2005, 03:30 PM
A "humming" noise might be a wheel bearing.

FreeStyler
10-23-2005, 06:01 PM
Yeah, its a weird sound, not exactly rubbing. I can feel it in the steering wheel. It feels like as if you were trying to unscrew a rusty bolt kinda feeling, that sounds weird but thats how it feels. hahah. yeah.

MikeL
10-23-2005, 06:10 PM
Your wheel/tire is most likely rubbing or hitting the spring/shock tower. A 3mm spacer will solve this problem.

J Irwan
10-23-2005, 06:37 PM
just like stox said , it might be the wheel bearing..

does it get any louder if you turn in certain direction (i,e turning left or right) ?

Regardz,

FreeStyler
10-23-2005, 07:26 PM
seems like left turning triggers the issue. At low speeds it only makes the sound at full turn, at high speeds you can hear the sound even with slight turns to the left.

jnenad16
10-23-2005, 07:47 PM
I would go with stox on this one. you should also look into p/s fluid level, might be low or the pump might be going out. in such case, a bottle of lubegard power steering treatment should help out.

nenad

hvmercy
10-23-2005, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by FreeStyler
seems like left turning triggers the issue. At low speeds it only makes the sound at full turn, at high speeds you can hear the sound even with slight turns to the left.

jack up your front and set it on jack stands then turn
each wheel by hand with steering wheel turned to left or right
whichever you prefer. This would make it easier for you to figure
out what's going on.