PDA

View Full Version : help...seat removal problem

Abuimad
10-26-2005, 03:23 PM
hey my front seat refuses to go to the frotn or back, and i had it checked out and apparently its a motor problem, to remove the seats i have to move the seats all the way to the front...remove the 2 bolts, and then all the way to the back, and remove the 2 bolts there, but how can i do this with the seat refusing to budge ?????
plz need help
if ne1 has neidea shoot away

Pagz
10-27-2005, 04:22 PM
surely there must be a free wheeling release under there somwhere,i had mine out the other day,but didnt notice one,ill check my haynes book tonight for more help...

Sulaco
10-27-2005, 04:49 PM
There's a haynes manual for our cars? WTF. WHERE.

Abuimad
10-27-2005, 04:50 PM
thanx a lot, i went today to get another opinion on the matter, and the guy said its not the motor (other mechanic was gonna rob me blind), the problem was with a black box located under seat buttons (near the seat airbag), this box was fried, i got it replaced for 55 dolalrs (dealership quoted me for $470)
so ne1 facing a problem with there seats....check the fuse...if its ok....check the seat wiring under the seat...if they are fine...then check the box im trying to refer too.....if its fine...THEN replace the motor

Denlasoul
10-27-2005, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Sulaco
There's a haynes manual for our cars? WTF. WHERE. www.books4cars.com (http://www.books4cars.com)

Pagz
10-27-2005, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Sulaco
There's a haynes manual for our cars? WTF. WHERE.

yeh man go to your local tech book supplier,theres a haynes for the 202:)

Polestar
11-01-2005, 10:54 PM
93-00 C-Class Service & Repair Manual for Mercedes by Haynes in hardcover edition covering C180-250 normally aspirated 4 cyl. gas and all Diesel & Turbo Diesel models. incl C220 (97_3511)

This is the only available Haynes I saw @ books4cars for the C class. The title indicates it doesn't have the Kompressor or (my need) the V6

Any other suggestions. Specifically '99 C280

martattack
11-02-2005, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by Polestar
This is the only available Haynes I saw @ books4cars for the C class. The title indicates it doesn't have the Kompressor or (my need) the V6

Any other suggestions. Specifically '99 C280

As far as I know, we're out of luck for our 6-Cylinder models, however, I'm sure the manual has alot of useful information for other parts of the car, such as interior, suspension and electrical.