PDA

View Full Version : damn xenons dont work ???!!!

Abuimad
11-05-2005, 12:47 PM
i got my bixenon fited...they looked beutifull...but as i went out of the shop i noticed that one was not working i pull over...and the left one is not working...so i go back...and he fixes it...and a minute later..ir goes out again..so he said he fixes it again and it goes out AGAIN...so he replaces the left trance, and i turn it on and it starts making this bzzzz sound and it goes on..and of...so i had to take them out...put the old ones back in..untill i find another electrician to fix them...neidea whats wrong if ne1 has ne input plzzz tell me...(they are hella xenons with osram bulbs)

Dr.Drew
11-05-2005, 12:56 PM
was your car in park when the went out ?

Abuimad
11-05-2005, 01:35 PM
no i was driving and when the last failed attepmt with the buzz sound..the car was in park

Dr.Drew
11-05-2005, 02:22 PM
I dont know about your car but mine when you put it in park all the lights turn off maybe your tech wired it wrong and there was nothing wrong with the lights

Abuimad
11-05-2005, 02:31 PM
yeah but one light works...the other dosent...but i when i go to another electrician ill let him check on that, but i was to scared to let the one who installed them keep workiing on my car cause i felt like he is really messing it up, how many hours did it take tou wire your lights up...??? and what brand do u use ??

alboogiee
11-05-2005, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Dr.Drew
I dont know about your car but mine when you put it in park all the lights turn off maybe your tech wired it wrong and there was nothing wrong with the lights

nice, is that custom done or is that a Candian thing?

jnenad16
11-05-2005, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by alboogiee
nice, is that custom done or is that a Candian thing?
LOL

nenad

crsh2
11-06-2005, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Abuimad
i got my bixenon fited...they looked beutifull...but as i went out of the shop i noticed that one was not working i pull over...and the left one is not working...so i go back...and he fixes it...and a minute later..ir goes out again..so he said he fixes it again and it goes out AGAIN...so he replaces the left trance, and i turn it on and it starts making this bzzzz sound and it goes on..and of...so i had to take them out...put the old ones back in..untill i find another electrician to fix them...neidea whats wrong if ne1 has ne input plzzz tell me...(they are hella xenons with osram bulbs)

Are you Running a wiring Harness?
do you have a Ballast with separate ignitor?

Abuimad
11-06-2005, 06:52 PM
ah man i know im gonna get hated for saying this...but i have no idea what ur saying...i am not familiar with the tech terms...and i am not familiar with the process(reason y i joined this website)..HOWEVER....what do U think is the problem/solution, cause i checked ur page out, and i love ur xenon set up..and u seem to know what ur talking about

audiophile
11-06-2005, 08:27 PM
i hate you already:mad:

audiophile
11-06-2005, 08:28 PM
j/k:p

crsh2
11-06-2005, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Abuimad
ah man i know im gonna get hated for saying this...but i have no idea what ur saying...i am not familiar with the tech terms...and i am not familiar with the process(reason y i joined this website)..HOWEVER....what do U think is the problem/solution, cause i checked ur page out, and i love ur xenon set up..and u seem to know what ur talking about

Well i had a original bulb and ballast with separate ignitor like this
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v387/idouoooo/E46%20Bi%20Xenon/DSC00954.jpg

That black box is the ignitor. everytime i would turn on my light is would shut off and burn my Fuse.
I was told that its not getting the right amount of power, so i needed a Wiring harness that the power source is directly from the battery.( separate ignitor is the culprit )

I end up buying a whole new ballast with the ignitor built in and no problem anymore.
goodluck man

email me if i can be of any help to you
crsh2@excite.com

Abuimad
11-06-2005, 10:02 PM
thanks crsh2 gr8 advice ill check them out...but the thing is i never saw him replace ne fuse's...all he did was fiddle in the light, but ill stop by another tech and tell him what u told me..
once again thanks alot:)