PDA

View Full Version : fiber optic cd changer trouble!

alboogiee
11-06-2005, 05:10 PM
okay so i took my dvd player and sub out today to upgrade sub size and have scratches taken out of dvd screen... i installed my stock head unit (the bekkers one with the number pad for phone and integraded tape player) and 6 disc cd changer back in the trunk... i had the same problem when i bought the car, but it was no big deal b/c i put dvd in it next week... now that i am going to be without dvd for some weeks now i would like to use my cd changer but every time i press the CD button on the head unit it read "no CD player" changer in truck has power and all, i never ever cut any of the stock wires, left them as they were (prewired) when i took OEM stuff out, the head unit reads the changer 1 in 50 tries... so i am stuck with radio...

anyone have this problem? ongoing?

anyone know how to fix? where to start? i dont want to start ripping the prewired cables out because that would just not be smart, but could it be a short? i just dont know enough about the fiber optic cable to begin work on it myself...if anyone has any ideas/experiance with this problem.

btw car is 99 c230 kompressor, non bose stero

thanks,
Alex

alboogiee
11-14-2005, 05:19 PM
bUmP

help!! the radio sucks ass!!

i did read about this on mbworld, but that was real general all classes of mbs, i want the low down on the 202, what you guys have encountered or am i the only unfortunate one??

SLAMMED_C
11-14-2005, 05:57 PM
do you have a phone integrated in your car?
check the fiber optic connection to make sure they are secure.. at the radio and cd change.. make sure there are no kinks in the fiber optics at all... behind the radio and in the trunk.
try disconnecting the battery for 5 or 10 mins so any codes can be erased or take it to somone with a code reader to read and clear the codes in d2b audio.
but you may possibly have a defective cd changer... you can get it rebuilt instead of buying a new one.

alboogiee
11-15-2005, 03:32 PM
thanks man!

will give it a try this weekend

Alex

davis449
11-15-2005, 05:51 PM
I, like you, had this same issue (my changer would work more frequently than yours, though) and didn't bother running it down cause I put in aftermarket stuff.