PDA

View Full Version : SS oil filter advice needed...

Pagz
11-12-2005, 11:20 AM
Hi all,
Iv been looking at an SS oil filter of Dave fisher(K&P)for some time now,but are alittle unsure if im trading better oil flow for more engine wear...
(iv also read the post by speedy etc)

...Does anybody know the average Micron filtration on the stock MB filters??....SlammedC?

jnenad16
11-12-2005, 02:07 PM
more oil flow= less engine wear. the filtration of a paper element is usually around 20-60 microns, but at the cost of pressure and flow. I found a company that makes SS filters, and they told me that next year they are gonna have an extensive line of mb applications. I'll post the website and phone # as soon as I comb through the tons of catalogs I got at the SEMA.

nenad

Pagz
11-13-2005, 09:17 AM
I read somwhere the SS filter from K&P has a constant filtration of 30 microns?,and after doing alittle study on what size particles should be left in the engine,i was under the impression 30 was alittle too big?!?...

Iv read about different paper filters,and also special fibre/resin compounds which flow/filter better,even upto 8-10 microns 98% of the time.

I realise better flow means better protection,but it has to do its job properly,which is why it would be good to know what MB's filter actually traps to compare...