PDA

View Full Version : my turn signal is possesed

Abuimad
11-16-2005, 11:23 AM
hey i was in my car with the flashers on for about 3 hours and when i turned them off, the right turn signal got stuck (the light is still on in the cluster and the light on the outside is still on) i tried turning the car off, and the lights off and the back on again and nuthing happened...ne idea whats wrong and how to fix it
ur help will v highly appreciated since its very wierd driving this way

stox
11-16-2005, 03:13 PM
I had a similar problem with my 201, years ago. Try turning the flashers on and off a few times to see if it clears up. If it does, time for a new flasher switch.

Abuimad
11-16-2005, 09:25 PM
lets say im getting it replaces, how much does it cost ?

stox
11-17-2005, 05:50 AM
Around $50.00.

Abuimad
12-05-2005, 09:51 PM
i got another problem after i replaced both bulbs for the turn signals (front and back) the same day both burnt out again ?? ne idea what to do, ne suggestions ?

jnolte
12-05-2005, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Abuimad
i got another problem after i replaced both bulbs for the turn signals (front and back) the same day both burnt out again ?? ne idea what to do, ne suggestions ?

too high of wattage sounds like

stox
12-06-2005, 05:48 AM
Originally posted by Abuimad

Check the voltage coming out of your alternator. Blowing bulbs can be a sign that the system is running over-voltage. If this is the case, check your over-voltage protection relay also, as that should have been protecting you from this.

Abuimad
12-06-2005, 06:01 AM
thanks, but were is the relay located and can it be a can of water leaking in (since my front turn signal is kinda cracked) and whats making me angry is that the bulb is not burning ip..its blowing up !?!?