PDA

View Full Version : Driver seat is clunking

benzonline
11-19-2005, 08:28 PM
Recently the drivers seat in my car started to "clunk" when accelerating from a stop and the G-force acting upon it.

I tightened all the bolts but somewhere I assume in the seat something is loose and makes this "clunk"...its getting really annoying.

Anyone else have this problem?

69chevelle
11-19-2005, 09:41 PM
Yeah...Same problem. Its in the backrest somewhere. I took it to the stealership and they swapped it for a new one. Two other people I know have the same problem. They should do a recall on these seats in addition to everything else.

My passenger seat is making this annoying creaking noise...Since my warranty expired, I think I'm just going to swap em out for some nice new Recaros! The smooth suede one's..

benzonline
11-19-2005, 10:21 PM
So no matter how tight the bolts are on the frame near the rails and the back support it will clunk?

Abuimad
11-20-2005, 07:13 AM
i posted the same question in several forums and most replies indicated that my rail is messed up, greasing it might help, but i never tried it though

Denlasoul
11-20-2005, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Abuimad
i posted the same question in several forums and most replies indicated that my rail is messed up, greasing it might help, but i never tried it though
can you elaborate more on the rail being "messed" up? maybe a link to the other forums you have been reading?