PDA

View Full Version : Here we go, I will just paste what I put in another forum

davis449
11-21-2005, 03:06 PM
So, as some of you know, I've been fighting what I presumed to be a tire problem for quite some time. I've been up and down the tire road for some months now fighting what I thought was a balancing and bad tire quality issue. I got my Pirelli's (225/50/16) put on last week. The story the dealer fed my the first time was that the tires had too much mass for the rim/suspension and that was what was causing my problem. Yeah...right. So the guys that are running AMG Monoblocks 17" and 18" on their 202's of all years should be having problems too, right? But they aren't. I didn't buy that B.S. so I appeased them by buying new tires, of better quality to the tune of $150, which I didn't really mind to terribly much, I like these new ones better. Well, took it into Discount today to get these brand new ones looked at since the symptoms were exactly the same as the previous tires. The difference between the stock tires, 205\55\16, and the Kumho Ecsta's I was running, 215/50/16, was significant, but still within the 3% difference that should be followed when plus sizing. These diffrence between the 225/50/16 and the stock size 205/55/16 is almost nil aside from the width of the tire. I mean, profile, diameter, and revolutions per mile are almost dead on with stock size. There shouldn't have been any problems with either tire, yet, I still got a vibration problem. What would you think? You would probably think what I thought!? SUSPENSION PROBLEM, HELLO! I told these guys to do the lower control arm bushings three months ago (60-65k is about the limit on these for the w202 Mercedes) and they said they did it. For God's sake I remember calling the dealer and them telling to me I would have to wait an extra day cause they were waiting for the freakin' parts! So, of course, I ruled that one out. But there's still a suspension or steering issue with car! Duh! Well, a closer look at my previous invoices at my house proved this to be untrue. I swear, no one ever listnes to me. I took a ride with the tech, AGAIN. Now I won't say anything bad about this guy, cause he's not an idiot, he knows his stuff. But you would think that after seeing a record on the car that indicates both alignment and road-force balance have been done and there's still a problem, that the suspension would be to blame. This time he concedes that it's something with the suspension, probably the lower control arm bushings. HEY HEY, LOOKY THERE, I WAS RIGHT! So anyway, him and I are cool, because he didn't do the alignent and he drove the car before the alignment was done and didn't know what else I had done to it. So, in conclusion, I will attribute this to a lack of communication between my Service Advisor and the techs OR a desire not to do warranty work. What a mess. Well, the car's at the dealer now, they're going to rip the suspension apart and I have a w203 C230K to tear up for at least through tomorrow. But I think finally this problem may get solved. Sorry for the long thread, had to vent. Tired of this crap! I really do love my, just wish it would run right for once. The good thing that came out of this is that they now know that when I bring the damn thing in to check out a problem, the better damn well check it cause they know I'm not bullshiting!

benzfan
11-21-2005, 04:45 PM
Thanks for the post. Vibration problems are always devilish to diagnose and fix, ususally because everyone is so quick to blame the tires and alignment, even when those items have been addressed. I don't know how many poor souls have rebalanced or replaced good tires because nobody will look at the suspension properly or listen to a well-informed 202 owner.

davis449
11-21-2005, 04:53 PM
That's what I'm screamin', man! I know that dealers have alot to deal with when it comes to customers, I know what a pain in the as it can be to deal with a know-it-all, but I totally have not taken that approach with them. I have always been nice and courteous to them and try to impart my knowledge without being obtrusive and this is what happens. It's B.S. I don't want to be mean to them, cause that's not going to help our relationship any and then they will be less inclined to deal with my car properly. I just want things to be fixed right the first time. That shouldn't be asking too much.

c55m8o
11-21-2005, 05:10 PM
sounds so similar to the xperience I'd had with stealerships time and time again... ya'd expect WAY more from MB shops ... I know I did. :mad: No more.