PDA

View Full Version : alarm won't disarm

mr. gatsbury
11-23-2005, 08:24 AM
i just went out to the car this morning and the alarm won't disarm, my keyless remote lite is flashing so i know it has power and the dash alarm lite is flashing, but i can't get inside my car or start it if i use the metal key....

HELP

tpliquid
11-23-2005, 08:26 AM
use metal key unlock door from trunk

mr. gatsbury
11-23-2005, 08:33 AM
is it suppose to turn cause i didn't want to use too much pressure but it didn't look like it wanted to turn?

tpliquid
11-23-2005, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by mr. gatsbury
is it suppose to turn cause i didn't want to use too much pressure but it didn't look like it wanted to turn?

yes.

mr. gatsbury
11-23-2005, 08:55 AM
ok, so when i turned it nothing happened, i even pushed the trunk button and it wouldn't pop. The trunk unlock is supposed to disarm the alarm???

tpliquid
11-23-2005, 08:58 AM
it unlocks the doors.

mr. gatsbury
11-23-2005, 09:00 AM
oh, i can get the doors open with the metal key but i can't get the alarm to disarm. In other words i can get in the car i just can't start it or use anything....

i'm stuck in a parking lot right now, this sucks...

stox
11-23-2005, 09:19 AM
You might want to try disconnecting the battery to see if the system resets.

mr. gatsbury
11-23-2005, 09:38 AM
ok, i tried using the key to get the trunk open. When i turn it to the right it stays in the right position. When I turn it to the left it turns a bit but either way the trunk is not opening. Wtf. THe little red light on the radio volume button is flashing. Would that still have enough power to flash if the battery was dead? I tried the headlights, and when i open the door the dash display does not light up. Is the fact that the alarm is armed causing nothing to work or do you think the battery may be dead????

I can't seem to get the damn trunk open though...

reporting live from a parking lot in jersey

JOhn

tpliquid
11-23-2005, 10:07 AM
do you have fold down seats? u can disconnect battery from there

mr. gatsbury
11-23-2005, 10:47 AM
nope, no fold down seats.... why do you think the trunk wont open?

mr. gatsbury
11-23-2005, 11:00 AM
still stuck, i don't understand why the trunk wont open.... this is crazy...

mr. gatsbury
11-23-2005, 11:38 AM
ok, so now i get the trunk open, what do i do next? The trunk light comes on dim. so i'm not sure why the car doesn't have enough power to disarm the alarm. If i disconnect the battery and reconnect it will that reset the alarm or will i just have a bigger problem on my hands..???

stox
11-23-2005, 12:17 PM
If the light is dim, your battery is probably kaput. I would get a new battery pronto.

I am not sure on this, but it is my understanding that new batteries from Mercedes Roadside Assistance are reasonably priced. You might want to give them a call. One of the nice perks of owning a Benz.

tpliquid
11-23-2005, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by stox
If the light is dim, your battery is probably kaput. I would get a new battery pronto.

I am not sure on this, but it is my understanding that new batteries from Mercedes Roadside Assistance are reasonably priced. You might want to give them a call. One of the nice perks of owning a Benz.
just call the roadside assistance its free i think, tell them uneed a jump

Abuimad
11-23-2005, 04:33 PM
so what happened with u, what was the problem, ??

trymonlam
11-23-2005, 05:05 PM
yeah, so is the problem solved? is everything ok?

mr. gatsbury
11-23-2005, 06:23 PM
yeah, thanks guys. i got the trunk open. i didn't realize i had to turn the key and push the button all the way in at the same time... what an awkward motion as im holding the key from sliding back into the fob and turning it while pushing the button in with my other hand. So when i got the trunk open i jumped it and everything is ok. Damn it was cold today. I was stuck out there for a while. So remember kids "turn and push". lol. what an assh@le procedure....

thanks for the support,
john

Abuimad
11-23-2005, 07:28 PM
looooool, no comment...looool it must have been reaaaaly cold

trymonlam
11-24-2005, 05:48 PM
good that u got in. well, i have not gotten myself in similar situation yet, but now i will remember. thanks, buddy.