PDA

View Full Version : Climate control unit making annoying beeeeeeep sound~!

FreeStyler
11-24-2005, 01:09 PM
My climate control unit makes an annoying and really really loud beeeeep sound everytime I slow down haha! IT IS SO ANNOYING. The only way to stop it is to turn on climate control, meaning I just put the heater on or something in order for the beeeep to stop, anyone know what this means??? I have the updated climate control, 98+ the lcd screen type one. Thanks.

Dan

trymonlam
11-24-2005, 05:44 PM
i have a similar problem. it's a high pitch constant ringing noise. sometimes the sound would happen even with the climate control on. took it to a indie shop for mercedes only and i was told there's a leak somewhere. don't remember what exactly it was, but i do remember it would run about $800 or more to have it fixed. so i did't bother.
ur problem might not be the same as mine. so check with your local shop. some of the guys here might have a similar problem as well.
by the way, mine is a 99' c280 sport, with lcd climate control.

Grech
11-25-2005, 12:53 AM
i have '98 C200 with Auto Climate Control...same problem, which was discussed in this thread. Check it out.

http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7983&highlight=high+pitch

Grech

FreeStyler
11-25-2005, 02:28 AM
wow ok thanks for the help that thread explains it all, basically i have to check all the vacum lines tomorrow when i get the chance. Hope this wont be too bad.

Dan