PDA

View Full Version : head unit position swap with pocket

trymonlam
11-26-2005, 11:25 PM
hi guys,
i bought a new stereo head unit it was installed in the stock place. however, after seeing some threads here i had the idea of putting it in the pocket under the head unit place and build a cover to hide it so the interior would look smooth.
i can probably come with the cover, but by no mean am i mechanically-inclined. at least not yet since i have just had this 202 for a few months.
so the question is, how hard is it to do the position swap? what do i have to look out for? and how about the fit?
saw steve's comand mod and he had the climate con unit there. how different would it be to do this with a head unit?
any help on this would be appreciated. thanks a lot guys.
have a good day.

davis449
11-27-2005, 09:30 AM
I did a thread in here for my car computer whe I installed it in both cars. I am posting new pics in it today so you can see it and look at how I got the stereo in the bottom pocket. It basically just sits there. What holds it in is the front part of the coin tray wrapped around it and screwed in like normal. That's really all there is to it. Cut that entire back end off the coin tray and slide it around your deck like a frame and screw it back in, voila!

rollinrealbig
11-27-2005, 09:46 AM
ok, the wires are flexible, so you can swap the HU, but you would have to find a way to mount it.

i also tried swapping my HU with the temp. control unit.

davis449
11-27-2005, 09:53 AM
LIke I said, mine just sits in there, I haven't mounted it, so to speak, it works fins, it's doesn't move or anyhting.

trymonlam
11-27-2005, 04:44 PM
thanks guys. i will give this a try. much appreicated.