PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Bixenon upgrade

IamJanuar
12-01-2005, 07:07 PM
I stumbled upon this website while searching for a replacement bulb for my girl's car.

http://st19.startlogic.com/~hidynami/Checkout/Bi/Bidetails.htm

Looks like a cheap system but.. you never know if you never try.

Anybody used or seen this before?

I am kind of interested in this stuff cause the light is coming out of one source instead of an attached second bulb like the onein the site. I have seen the fake one before, it's an eye sore.

I emailed the site asking what is the clearance between the base of the bulb and the end of the motor.
If that gap clears the gap on the headlight of the ebay's clear headlight. I think I want to play around with it.

BTW, I remember somebody posting about buying the ebay clear headlight. If you happen to be the person who bought them, mind helping out measuring that gap? Thanks in advance. I emailed the ebay dealer too, but I dont expect much from 1000 odd feedback dealer.

rollinrealbig
12-01-2005, 08:28 PM
Hmm ... well says they are japanese, thats good.

but do you guys know if they are legal in california ? we have tooo many laws on auto lighting.

and whats the purple colored one ? i want purple headlights but i dont know where to find them or what are they 8000 ? 12000 ?

crazy00c230k
12-01-2005, 11:00 PM
if ur afraid of getting rolled by the po-po, i would suggest going with a more stock looking HID like 4700k, those crazy blue/purple ones look alright, but visibility actually sucks, and they scream pull me over

jnolte
12-02-2005, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by rollinrealbig
Hmm ... well says they are japanese, thats good.

but do you guys know if they are legal in california ? we have tooo many laws on auto lighting.

and whats the purple colored one ? i want purple headlights but i dont know where to find them or what are they 8000 ? 12000 ?

purple is 12000k, 8000k is blue

4000k is around white

anything over 8000k is gunna suck on visbility

duggy 911
12-02-2005, 10:41 AM
i'm also interested in the upgrade, was about to purchase the clear lights off ebay, but would also like to get bixenon setup to work with clear lense.pls let me know if anyone already has this set up..