PDA

View Full Version : out of curiosity -

rollinrealbig
12-01-2005, 10:15 PM
ok, how much do you guys think an eaton M62 would add ?

like either on a 202 or a 203 ?

im just wondering ... sheesh i got lots of stupid questions. :rolleyes:

Denlasoul
12-02-2005, 07:37 AM
That's kind of hard to predict, but assuming you have a proper setup and all, I think anywhere from 80-130hp would be a reasonable estimate.

edit: I just saw that you have a C230. If you were hoping to slap an M62 on your car, it may not work. The engine displacement is not matched to the blower displacement. Too much air.

Pagz
12-02-2005, 10:04 AM
you should find a wrecked 230K and transplant the ECU,engine,bypass and IC piping...then you'll also have better compression,and an ECU that will run the system....Failing that...sell the car and buy a 230K:)

hmmm not sure about how much it would add....i would say its too big and if you did fit it you would need major ECU and fuel upgrades.

rollinrealbig
12-03-2005, 10:01 PM
Hmmm .... im really starting to hate the 202

:mad:

i have no choice but to keep it, and i dont want to do anything like engine swaps or messing with my ECU cuz its gonna be nothing but trouble.

CAI wont add much, exhaust - i kant stand the loud ones, and still dont add much HP.

turbo - naw ... tooo much work. M62 idea - down the drain. :mad:

... and why in the world did mercedes go sooo much on the automatics ?

damn i cant sell this car either ... its in perfect condition, and i wont get much money for it because its kinda getting old. Hmmm think think think ... :confused:

rollinrealbig
12-04-2005, 08:14 PM
ok ... so if the M62 is out of the question - what about the M45 ?

isnt that the one they use on the SLK's ?

FLYNAVY
12-26-2005, 12:06 PM
damn i cant sell this car either ... its in perfect condition, and i wont get much money for it because its kinda getting old. Hmmm think think think ... :confused: [/B]

well, it's not gonna get more valuable if you keep waiting, so you may as well get whatever money for it that you can right now if you are truly unhappy w/ it. With the money that you would likely end up spending on a s/c or FI set-up in general (whether you do it right and spend a lot, or do it wrong-cheaper-and end up blowing your engine) you could have bought yourself a new car that you were happy w/ right out of the box. Not sure what particular model of 202 you have, but I would guess you could at least get 8-10k for it if it is in perfect condition (regardless of model), and w/ the other 5-10k (min) you would be spending on a decent FI set-up, you would be in the ballpark of quite a few decent performance oriented sedans (C36/M3 (e36)/WRX/S4, etc). Just some food for thought:)