PDA

View Full Version : W202 C200 exhasut issues...

BBB DRAGZ
12-02-2005, 11:42 PM
Hi guys, well my exhaust is shitting. basically when my family bought the car the previous owner got some cat back exhaust system made up with a sports muffler. the car sounds ok at idle with a deep tone but under acceleration the rear muffler flutters and sounds real crap. also i hear a rattling noise coming from near factory headers/extractors under acceleration at around 2500rpm onwards.

I have been to a few muffler shops and they say there isnt nothing they can do really and that merc and bmw exhaust should be left alone unless you go for an expensive remus or supersprint setup.

Is there any trick in what to do or fix this? (a cheaper option rather then thousands on a remus)

I have another dynomax muffler sitting in my garage off my old supra that i might weld up and see how it sounds.

Ohh btw the setup is:
stock headers -> stock piping -> cat -> some sort of muffler/resonoator -> 2.5" piping (bit big for 4cly i think) -> rear baffle muffler of some sort.

Any help would be appreciated or if someone could show me a pic or explain of how a stock exhasut setup is for a C200.

Thanks

Dragz

Josh R
12-03-2005, 11:10 AM
You can find a magnaflow singe in dual out muffler and remove your stock resonator and add the magnaflow resonator. Both pieces can be installed by a good muffler shop. I've used this setup in M3's all the time with great performance results. The best part is you can re-weld on the factory AMG tips if you have them from a C32,C43, or any other AMG muffler that sports the embossed logo of AMG. The whole setup will costs you less than 1 supersprint muffler. Have fun