PDA

View Full Version : Need help..OEM Cd changer set for replacement

sky
12-19-2005, 07:25 PM
hi all, need some help here. MY OEM cd changer has been giving me troubles as of lately, it either makes cd stuck inside, so today one of the cd was stuck inside, i managed to un-stuck it....and put it back in. However, cd changer now says the "magazine empty" when it is loaded. Try to see what was wrong and couldn't find out.
Pretty fed up with the problem so i thought i would try to replace it with something better, now my problem is my 99 C280 uses fibre-optic, what cd player/changer should i get that would be suitable for the car other than OEM?

thanks for the help, greatly appreciated it

rollinrealbig
12-19-2005, 09:51 PM
not sure, but id go with Alpine.

if you cant install it yourself, take it to an audio shop and im sure they can.

69chevelle
12-19-2005, 11:23 PM
Look on Ebay for a used one.

Here is the part no. #MC3010: A203-820-90-89

Ecin
08-07-2006, 08:52 AM
damn 200 bucks for a 6 cd changer. Can I use an aftermarket CD changer w/o changing the deck (works nice)?? I mean for 200 bucks I would like it to play MP3s and stuff.

Prez
08-07-2006, 09:32 AM
Before you buy another, try this:

1. Remove the player from the trunk.
2. Unscrew and remove the top cover.
3. Find the large gear located near the bottom rear of the unit below the magazine chamber. You may need to remove the top of the player to get to it.
4. Advance the gear to lower the disk player elevator to the right of the magazine chamber until it stops. The gear should only go in one direction, and then have some slight play once it advances to the bottom of the chamber.
5. Replace cover, repower and check.

Worked for me.

rollinrealbig
08-07-2006, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Ecin
damn 200 bucks for a 6 cd changer. Can I use an aftermarket CD changer w/o changing the deck (works nice)?? I mean for 200 bucks I would like it to play MP3s and stuff.

ya my mom had an aftermarket changer on her C220 back in the day when they didnt even come w/cd changers. it sucked tho it skipped alot on every bump in the road (stock rims/suspension)

unHookt
08-09-2006, 10:54 AM
i'd be interested in hearing if you can drop any other aftermarket changers onto a stock fiber optic w202 system. I have the bose and was considering changing the HU so that I could play MP3s, but I just like the interface and functionality of the dialpad on the OEM bose HU.