PDA

View Full Version : Cheap engine restorer and power optimizer

jnenad16
12-21-2005, 02:21 AM
Hi everyone,
as some of you might know, I am always on the lookout for those power enhancer/gas mileage improvers. I have tried countless number of gadgets, fluids and treatments, and have often posted my findings. once again, I bring you my latest test.
last month I was at the SEMA in las vegas, and as always, there were alot of new products for every automotive aspect imaginable, but the ones I am the most interested are the power addons. I talked to quite a few companies I had interest in their products, but the one that really caught my attention was XADO. www.xado.com www.xado-us.com
their reps explained to me how their products work, at first I was a bit sceptical, so I asked for a sample, they only gave me one for the engine, but for the treatment to be comlete and optimal, I needed three. so after a lengthy plead, they finally gave me the full treatment dosage and (just to leave them alone) a fuel system treatment as well. so upon my return home, I ran a compression test on my car, and the results were following:
all cylinders had a compression pressure of about 175psi(still pretty good for 16yo car with 100+k miles). I followed the instructions and added one tube to the warm engine, I drove the car for a week, then added another tube again, and the same for the last tube of treatment. I did notice performance as well as gas mileage imrovement. however, my biggest satisfaction was when I remeasured my compression today that I found all the cylinders to have a pressure of 185psi.
I was astounded. XADO really did deliver on their promise. I highly recommend you guys check out their products and use them.
next for me is to try the fuel treatment I have, I am confident it will deliver amazing results as their engine treatment did.

nenad

Renn 208
12-21-2005, 06:30 AM
can you explain for everyone's benefit, how this particular product works? And also the condition of car that this would be good for?

I did take a look at the site and the basic premise seems to be that with time your cylinder walls and pistons develop "ragged edges" with constant contact. This product is supposed to "fill in the gaps" and make a smoother and more sealed interface between the piston and cylinder. Is that correct?

Also, since we've got a lot of non-technical folks on the board, please explain the importance of leakdown and compression tests.

Really, I'd be interested in a long term report of effectiveness, so if you could keep on it and provide your documented milage and power results over time, it would be a big help. Also, let us know if you find anything out of the ordinary on your next oil and filter change.

Abuimad
12-21-2005, 07:58 AM
that does sound very promising, however whats the price on those products (the full treatment)

jnenad16
12-21-2005, 08:52 AM
their website explains it quite well. their products "renew" the metal surfaces by filling inperfections with the cermet(metal+ ceramic, according to them). this cermet then, under the presence of friction,expands and nearly perfectly seals the metal scratches and gaps, thus providing like new finish of the metal surfaces. this in turn provides better piston-to-wall seal(compression), thus increasing power and gas mileage.this is how their product works in a nut shell.
this product is great for any car, new or old, it renews older engines(like mine) and it also lessens the side-effects of the engine break-in in new engines.
the reason I did a compression test what basically to see what shape was my engine in. the leakdown test is a more accurate, but lenghty and somewhat complicated procedure to determine the condition of the engine.
According to XADO, they quarantee the full effectiveness of their products for one year, regardless of mileage.

the price for the full engine treatment is about $60, and the fuel treatment is about $20. they also have other treatments for hydraulic systems, gearboxes, manual trans, diffs...

nenad

Ashkan's C280
12-21-2005, 09:47 AM
how much better gas milage did you get?

trymonlam
12-21-2005, 07:11 PM
nenad is such an asset to this forum.
thanks for the info. if u can, please keep us updated on the later phases.

Abuimad
12-21-2005, 07:37 PM
IMHO 60 bucks for the things you and there website have listed is pretty good..is Very good, keep us posted on the results

jnenad16
12-21-2005, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Ashkan's C280
how much better gas milage did you get?
I will keep you posted, I am going to run the fuel treatment first before I start recording the differenced in MPG, I want to see the "complete package" results, so that I can convince my dad to use this in his E500. he actually needs it more that I do, since one of his cylinders is about 20psi below the rest.

nenad

jnenad16
12-21-2005, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by trymonlam
nenad is such an asset to this forum.
thanks for the info. if u can, please keep us updated on the later phases.
Thank you!:)

nenad

tpliquid
12-23-2005, 01:57 PM
so just open up oil cap and dump it in? that simple?

jnenad16
12-23-2005, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by tpliquid
so just open up oil cap and dump it in? that simple?
that simple.

nenad

mayagman
12-26-2005, 01:27 PM
I'd be skeptical about putting this stuff in my engine. If this technology contains a solidifying ceramic/metal agent... this also means that it can settle in anywhere else it pleases. I don't like the idea of putting what sounds like JB weld to a lesser degree in my lubricant stream. I can't imagine that stuff passing through pumps and squirters being too great for your engine. I don't really know much about the inner workings of our engines, but I doubt the rise in compression is from gaps and imperfections in your cylinder walls. It's more likely that these figures come from some increase in the viscosity of your oil as a result of all this extra crap in your engine. The oil sticks better to the cylinder walls, lubricates and seals better, and thus raises your compression.

I'm not a scientist, it could actually do as it claims, but I'd be weary. This fluid has no way of knowing where to stick and solidify, it could stick to gaps in your walls, but it can also stick to rods and bearings if that's the case.

Be careful...
-Maytag

jnenad16
12-26-2005, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by mayagman
I'd be skeptical about putting this stuff in my engine. If this technology contains a solidifying ceramic/metal agent... this also means that it can settle in anywhere else it pleases. I don't like the idea of putting what sounds like JB weld to a lesser degree in my lubricant stream. I can't imagine that stuff passing through pumps and squirters being too great for your engine. I don't really know much about the inner workings of our engines, but I doubt the rise in compression is from gaps and imperfections in your cylinder walls. It's more likely that these figures come from some increase in the viscosity of your oil as a result of all this extra crap in your engine. The oil sticks better to the cylinder walls, lubricates and seals better, and thus raises your compression.

I'm not a scientist, it could actually do as it claims, but I'd be weary. This fluid has no way of knowing where to stick and solidify, it could stick to gaps in your walls, but it can also stick to rods and bearings if that's the case.

Be careful...
-Maytag
I thought the same thing the first time I came across this product, and I asked the company reps the exact questions too, so they explained the chemistry behind the treatment, how it actually works inside the engine, they assured me there are no negative side effects, it does not clog filters and tiny oil passages, it blends completely with oil, and it sticks to imprefections inside the engine. I cant remebmer everything they told me(it was a 15min long explanation). as for the oils raising the compression, its not the case since I used the same viscosity oil(mobil1 10w-30). right now, I am running the fuel system treatment, and I must say the idle quality is improving daily. like I said, I will keep you guys posted. this is why I test all these products so you guys dont have to waste your money and possibly damage your engine if the product doesnt work.
Happy Holidays everyone:bunny:

nenad

nudymeyer6
01-08-2006, 09:15 AM
come on dude i am so stoked to see the mileage gains! how long untill you can possibly put your mileage up do you think?

jnenad16
01-08-2006, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by nudymeyer6
come on dude i am so stoked to see the mileage gains! how long untill you can possibly put your mileage up do you think?
after this tank, I will post my findings, and let me tell you, they are good, they are very good.

nenad

94benZo
01-08-2006, 01:32 PM
Is this product also gets rid of carbon deposits and sludges??
have you use products like these??

94benZo
01-08-2006, 01:42 PM
found their ebay shop...

http://stores.ebay.com/XADO-Shop

which one to get ???

Z

jnenad16
01-08-2006, 03:05 PM
Is this product also gets rid of carbon deposits and sludges??
No,I dont think this removes deposits, but I do recommend you use those cleaning treatments first to make sure metal surfaces are clean and prepped for the XADO treatment.

found their ebay shop...
yes, thats them. for the engine you will need this one
http://cgi.ebay.com/XADO-Gel-for-Gasoline-Engines-Gift-Set_W0QQitemZ5607401718QQcategoryZ88433QQcmdZViewI tem
and for the fuel, you need this one
http://cgi.ebay.com/XADO-Gel-for-Fuel-Systems_W0QQitemZ5607643638QQcategoryZ88433QQcmdZV iewItem

nenad

94benZo
01-08-2006, 09:20 PM
you mean cleaning treatment from xado? if not what do you recommend??

jnenad16
01-08-2006, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by 94benZo
you mean cleaning treatment from xado? if not what do you recommend??
by cleaning treatment, I mean any treatment/cleaner available at your local stores, like any fuel system cleaner or engine flush.

nenad

mayagman
01-08-2006, 10:28 PM
I just found another great innovation from xado technologies. They call it "Snake Oil"! I was skeptical at first but this stuff really rocks! I estimate about a 25hp increase at the wheels.. at LEAST!
:Pirate:

stox
01-09-2006, 06:07 AM
I just found another great innovation from xado technologies. They call it "Snake Oil"! I was skeptical at first but this stuff really rocks! I estimate about a 25hp increase at the wheels.. at LEAST!
:Pirate:

Was that with or without the high performance muffler bearings?

94benZo
01-09-2006, 08:08 AM
MAYTAG,

there's no need for sarcasm.. nenad just simply telling us about his findings, if you don't agree with him, just make your case and shut up and let other readers decide for themselves.
what you did will only make a fool out of yourself.

Z

mayagman
01-10-2006, 04:34 AM
Nah, I commend him because he does a lot of work for Club202 and he knows this. I'm sure everyone here is smart enough to know that whether it's good or not, we have someone who's willing to put his own machine to the test to see if any of these products actually works. No sense gettin riled up over a joke.

I'm actually curious to the point where I wrote a letter to the company trying to get the story from a chemical standpoint. Granted I'm sure I won't get a response, but it's worth a shot. If it does what they are claiming then there must be some really neat science behind it :]

trymonlam
01-10-2006, 05:02 AM
nenad, care to tell me a little bit more about the engine flush/fuel treatment and their applications? etc, do i have to drain the oil first before doing this?

jnenad16
01-10-2006, 09:54 AM
nenad, care to tell me a little bit more about the engine flush/fuel treatment and their applications? etc, do i have to drain the oil first before doing this?
this is my recommendation, to clean up the engine of sludge and deposits and fuel system of carbon before using the xado treatments so that they will stick to the metal surfaces instead of deposits, thus giving desired results. either way, keeping your engine and fuel system clean will prolong the their lifespan and keep your car running in tune.
most engine flushes require you to pour the treatment into warm engine and let it idle for 5-10min, then you change your oil along with the filter, and you are done with the engine flush. as for the fuel system cleaning, all you is pour a bottle of your prefered fuel system cleaner in your tank next time you fill up, and by the time you use up that tank of gas, the fuel system should be cleaner.

nenad

jnenad16
01-10-2006, 09:56 AM
Nah, I commend him because he does a lot of work for Club202 and he knows this. I'm sure everyone here is smart enough to know that whether it's good or not, we have someone who's willing to put his own machine to the test to see if any of these products actually works. No sense gettin riled up over a joke.

I'm actually curious to the point where I wrote a letter to the company trying to get the story from a chemical standpoint. Granted I'm sure I won't get a response, but it's worth a shot. If it does what they are claiming then there must be some really neat science behind it :]
thats the spirit.:)
btw, any progress on powerdyne? did you give up from it?

nenad

94benZo
01-11-2006, 08:27 AM
This is an email I've got from Xado people. hope this helps

This is a message from Xado at CLUB202.COM (
http://www.club202.com/forums/index.php ). The CLUB202.COM owners
cannot accept any responsibility for the contents of the email.

To email Xado, you can use this online form:
http://www.club202.com/forums/member.php?action=mailform&userid=3244

OR, by email:
mailto:chezj_@msn.com

This is the message:

Hi,
Let me introduce myself. My name is Justin Clark. I am president of
XADO America. I've been watching this thread since I noticed the influx
of traffic from Club202 to my website. I met Nenad at SEMA. I'd like
to answer your question about carbon deposits and sludge as they relate
to XADO. XADO will completely remove any deposit on a friction
surface. It's a necessary part of the coating process to have a clean
substrate. If you are considering some kind of flush prior to using our
product, I would recommend against it. Part of the XADO chemistry is to
scavenge the molecular wear metal from your oil. If you change the oil
just prior to application, you will sacrifice some working material.
I'm happy to answer any of your questions.
Best regards,
Justin Clark

trymonlam
01-11-2006, 03:44 PM
nenad, if members here do go out and get the product, u should get paid by xado. :D since u were the one that started it all. Mr. Clark, what do you think?

jnenad16
01-11-2006, 09:30 PM
nenad, if members here do go out and get the product, u should get paid by xado. :D since u were the one that started it all. Mr. Clark, what do you think? I agree. :D

nenad

Xado
01-12-2006, 05:44 AM
Nenad,

I'd really like to have a dealer in Hawaii. Call me!

Justin

mayagman
01-12-2006, 08:08 AM
Wow, lol, way to capitalize on things man!
As for the powerdyne, I'm still in the stage of deciding whether I'll be staying with this car, or moving on to greener pastures. Although I did like their designs the best, and I have a headmount cut out, I just don't know if it's worth the additional steps because of this car's weak transmission.

You really should get some sort of a commission, you're pitching for these companies and you're not even on the payroll, lol.

trymonlam
01-13-2006, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by Xado
Nenad,

I'd really like to have a dealer in Hawaii. Call me!

Justin

wow... already coming, huh...

jnenad16
01-17-2006, 11:45 PM
OK, the results are in:
the gas mileage prior to the treatments was around 380 miles per tank. after the engine and fuel treatments and 2000 miles later, the gas mileage has gone up from 380 to about 400 miles per tank. thats around 5% increase. not bad at all. but the mileage increase isnt the only benefit, as I said before, the engine compression has also increased. another improvement that I noticed, especially after doing the fuel treatment, was a much smoother idling and acceleration. the cars feels like its new. and the best thing is I just sold it to my friend's gf and she is very satisfied with it.

nenad

trymonlam
01-18-2006, 04:31 AM
ok, result's in. what do we think, guys?

Ashkan's C280
01-18-2006, 11:14 AM
so whats the formal way to approach this, fuel treatment first then this stuff? any other treatments we should be doing?

trymonlam
01-18-2006, 01:54 PM
i believe is the engine treatment first, then the fuel treatment.
anyone of us here actually done this other than nenad himself?

Ashkan's C280
01-18-2006, 02:44 PM
I would be interested in doing this, as I am not sure about compression but I would like to get better miles to the gallon

jnenad16
01-18-2006, 09:12 PM
the way I did it, I changed the oil and did the engine treatment first, after that was completed, I did the fuel treatment. now, according to mr. clark of xadousa, its recommended to keep old oil, as it benefits the "restoration" process until the treatment is done, then change the oil. as for the fuel, I did not use any cleaners prior to treatment since I regularly use acetone, which keeps the fuel system clean, however I did not use acetone during the treatment period.

nenad

trymonlam
01-18-2006, 09:14 PM
acetone.... huh?
how do u use that and what does it do? can u explain, nenad?

Xado
01-19-2006, 06:35 AM
I'm here, I'll jump in if nobody minds. If you do, just say so, I'll just spectate.
Acetone is pretty widely used as a mileage booster. Mixed with gas in very small quantities; around 1/2 to 1 ml per gallon, it generally provides a measurable improvement. Overdosing works in a noticeable adverse change.

c55m8o
01-19-2006, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by jnenad16
now, according to mr. clark of xadousa, its recommended to keep old oil, as it benefits the "restoration" process until the treatment is done, then change the oil. Just an fyi to the readers. I read on the Xado site that the oil shouldn't be changed until after at least 1000 miles from when the 1st treatment is done (with two more treatments during that to complete the process).

I think I'll be doing this to my Jeep in a few months; both engine and manual transmission.

trymonlam
01-19-2006, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by Xado
I'm here, I'll jump in if nobody minds. If you do, just say so, I'll just spectate.
Acetone is pretty widely used as a mileage booster. Mixed with gas in very small quantities; around 1/2 to 1 ml per gallon, it generally provides a measurable improvement. Overdosing works in a noticeable adverse change.
by all means, chime in if you want. it's a public forum after all. would Mr. Clark be interested in getting a 202?

Xado
01-20-2006, 11:48 AM
lol, I see I'm not the only salesman here! I have one German car, '90 Porsche 944 S2 Cabriolet. If i sell enough XADO, maybe a Mercedes Sedan would be apropos...

trymonlam
01-21-2006, 05:49 AM
hey hey,
i am no car salesman. just asking it because u r already on the 202 forum. would be cool if u would have one. then u can be more than just a spetator.
good luck with business. u've already gotten a good start with club202. nenad is all raving about your product. i might give it a try later as well.:D

Xado
02-01-2006, 11:43 AM
hey guys,

in the interest of complete, hopefully unbiased info, I'm passing along some things I read recently about acetone. I saw this in my local paper in the 'Click and Clack' column the other day. They claim to have a friend who is a fuel systems engineer who works for a major oil company who says that their lab tests showed no measurable improvements in mileage using acetone. they also caution that it attacks rubber components, and, of course that it is a very effective paint remover. just FYI... see ya

trymonlam
03-20-2006, 10:11 AM
seemed like we've got growing interest in your product, Mr. Clark. please take a look at the fuel saver thread, you might want to drop by and say hi.
http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9170