PDA

View Full Version : About to buy '00 C280 w/31kmi. what to do?

Highhpta
12-22-2005, 07:19 AM
I am about to purchase one in pristine condition with only 31,000 miles. Of course the factory warranty is gone and done with. I know the only problem that I have found with it is it has the problem with the center vents not blowing cold or warm air out of them. I know that many of yall are having the same issue and it is just a pain to try and fix. Should I get some kind of extended warranty from warrantydirect.com or should I hope nothing else goes wrong for awhile?

coolin
12-22-2005, 08:54 AM
I wish I had bought the warranty for mine. Just a bunch of little things that I haven't bothered to fix but would definitely have had done if they were under warranty.

As a check, I would have someone remove the plastic shield under the engine and look for leaks (or oil stains on the shield).

Good luck! I have really enjoyed my car so far.

jnolte
12-22-2005, 12:17 PM
year 2000 W202 is the best year for this car. Most of all the BIG kinks are worked out. Check the tranny, change the fluid

714guy
12-22-2005, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Highhpta
I am about to purchase one in pristine condition with only 31,000 miles. Of course the factory warranty is gone and done with. I know the only problem that I have found with it is it has the problem with the center vents not blowing cold or warm air out of them. I know that many of yall are having the same issue and it is just a pain to try and fix. Should I get some kind of extended warranty from warrantydirect.com or should I hope nothing else goes wrong for awhile?

there's a vacuum leak some where, easy fix, at least for mine, my friend found it and plugged it back it and it was good for me.

Polestar
12-23-2005, 09:25 AM
The '99 and '00 C280's are bound to be classics. I've owned my C280 Sport for 6mos. now and am very happy with it.
Regarding an extended warranty: I say, put a couple grand in a bank account for repairs instead. However, if you could get an MB warranty that is "bumper to bumper" ( it would no doubt be expensive) I'd consider it.

BTW, have you checked the center wheel in the vent to be sure its not closed down

Have fun!