PDA

View Full Version : no air from the center vents

ayamkodok
01-02-2006, 10:18 AM
i dunno whether anyone has posted about this topic or not.

the a/c or airconditiner in my 202 is not coming out from the center vents. it only came out from the side vents. and my friends said that it is pretty common for 202. and some mechanics said its from the vaccum system or somethin.

can anyone tell me how to repair it my self, or should i just go to the stealership?

714guy
01-02-2006, 11:12 AM
most likely a vaccum leak, check the vaccumm lines in the engine bay. Around the center vents of the car. Goodluck

Sulaco
01-02-2006, 12:01 PM
There's a vacuum valve with 6 or 7 vacuum lines running into it in the engine bay under the small plastic cover that protects all those important looking electronic things on the passenger side. There's likely a leak in that one most likely centering from the ball-bearing on the end of it. But even if it's not that one, there are other places that the leak could be. I replaced that valve on mine and it still didn't fix the center vents.

htfan1
01-02-2006, 02:38 PM
I've had the same center vent problem for quite some time. It seems to be a vacuum leak related to the vent control diaphragm somewhere inside the dash panel.

I haven't spent the $$$ to get it fixed yet.

BTW, you may also hear some excessive vacuum pump noise coming from the passenger side of your trunk.

alphanumeric
01-03-2006, 08:24 PM
if you have had a stereo installed, maybe during the install the vacum line got messed with..

Benzalot
08-31-2007, 09:37 AM
Did anyone ever figure this one out, mine does this when I'm driving, the center vents shut down and my defrosters get all the air, fogging my windshield.