PDA

View Full Version : Eisenmann and C36 incompatible

benzfan
01-04-2006, 09:25 AM
I purchased an Eisenmann sport muffler with the intention of putting it on my 97 C36. There is a nice plate welded onto the new muffler that clearly says W202 C36, but it simply cannot go on the C36. The tips do not extend far enough to clear the AMG skirt, and completely reworking the mounts on the car (the muffler mounts are maxed rearward in the supports) to make them extend properly will cause the pipe to hit the trunk well. It would have to be redone as well. The pipe diameter is 1/2" too small for the C36, and I am not interested in choking my engine that much, and the muffler sits too far to the side for the tips to properly line up with the bumper cutout. Disappointing. My wife's C280 will get the Eisenmann in place of the universal Remus that's on it now. The tips will not be an issue on the regular rear bumper and neither will the pipe diameter.

Androulakis
01-04-2006, 01:07 PM
Will your universal remus fit onto a c230k?
What kind of shape is it in?

I might be interested if you are looking to get rid of it.

Do you happen to have any pictures?

Thanks in advance,

George

benzfan
01-04-2006, 01:15 PM
I expect the Remus would fit the C230k with no problems, but it does not tuck up into the muffler area like the proper ones do. As a result, it looks a bit odd from the side. It just looks like it doesn't really belong. Mine has been on for a couple of years now, through 2 full winters of salt. Needless to say, the body should be brushed and resprayed, but the single large round tip is OK. I might trade it to the muffler shop for a discount on the Eisenmann install as the Remus would be of interest to one of his clients.

Under Pressure
01-04-2006, 02:12 PM
I had an Eisenmann and was never too impressed with the build quility. Now that I have a Subaru, I have a Prodrive exhaust and it looks like it's 1,000x better constructed than the Eisenmann. Granted, Prodrive are also professional builders and even developed the Ferrari Le Mans 550 and the Subaru rally car. HOwever, it is built far better and costs about half as much as the W202's Eisenmann exhaust.

jstrat85
01-04-2006, 05:34 PM
the best exhaust is supersprint! i have it on my car and i love it!
if i was you i will go with supersprint. full stainless steel.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y250/jstrat85/Picture001.jpg

misterblack
01-04-2006, 11:22 PM
Wow...that sucks!

I just spoke to the American rep not too long ago and they assured me that the muffler would fit my C36. I even asked about the pipe diameter and they said everything would be fine. Good thing I decided to cut out the resonator and just leave the stock AMG box on.

jnolte
01-04-2006, 11:26 PM
just go with a Aero Turbine muffler....