PDA

View Full Version : 1994 C280 Help Please!!!!!!!!!!

stargazer474
01-04-2006, 03:55 PM
Hi All ,

I need to know if anyone can help me out here i just bought a 1994 C280 and it has some eletrical tweaks wrong with it ,, the interearer lights and dash lights want to stay on when the lightswitch is off and also when the car is turned off also the out side lisence plate lights want to stay on even when the car is turned off , , sence i have just bought the car i have just been unhooking the negative battery cable to prevent the battery from being drained ( i just bought a brand new battery for it ) , also the drivers side door buzzer --> the buzzer that is supposed to come on if u leave your keys in the ignition or leave your lights on stays buzzing even when the keys are NOT in the ignition, but only when u open the drivers door the keys are not in the ignition and the car is turned off while is stays buzzing ( it is driving me nuts!! )

The headlight switch seems to be messed up also , but i do not know if that switch would have something to do with the lights staying on when the car is turned off or not,, also my SRS light on the dash is staying lit up, i dont know if this is due to the same problem or not ,,

can someone pleaseeeee help meeeeee???????

Thanks a Bunch!!!!

Stargazer474

stox
01-04-2006, 05:57 PM
That car isn't from New Orleans, is it?

stargazer474
01-04-2006, 06:11 PM
no it is not from there as far s i know it is from texas and florida ,,, Why?

jnenad16
01-04-2006, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by stargazer474
no it is not from there as far s i know it is from texas and florida ,,, Why?
same thing.
stox is referring to flooded vehicles from the hurricanes. alot of cars being sold in the south and throughout the states that have come from the south might be the flooded ones, thus the electrical and other systems might not function properly.

as for your problems, this is what you should look into. if the lights are on while they should be off, that meant that the circuit for that bulb is being grounded.
as for the dome lights and the buzzer, they are connected to a same relay/buzzer combo. its located under the steering wheel, so remove the plastic panel and look for a tall relay, you should see slits on top of it for the buzzer. you can either replace it and hopefully it will fix the problem or you can just leave it out, but the buzzer and the dome lights wont work without it. as for the SRS(air bag), has the car ever been in an accident, if so, the SRS sensor probably wasnt replaced or the air bags are not hooked up. if the car wasnt in an accident, then the most likely cause is a defective switch in one of the seat belt buckles.

nenad