PDA

View Full Version : M111 C230k Upsolute chip experiences?

Androulakis
01-05-2006, 09:34 AM
The upsolute website claims +39 hp for their ecu program upgrade on the c230k.

I know this seems a bit far fetched at best, but a local shop who is an upsolute dealer. Powertech, in rockaway NJ (who does 90% porsche work), claims that the gains are in fact real.

Now, i have 2000 c230k with the clutch on the s/c. I have read about the pulley upgrades that are (should i say were) available, and it makes sense that they would increase power, by spinning the s/c faster, therefore raising boost.

It seems that with no mechanical changes, there is no way to increase boost (beyond the max 5psi set by the factory). You can change how long the s/c stays on and stuff like that, but you cant spin the charger faster, which I assume you would need to do to get those kind of power gains.

So how the hell are they making +39 hp out of these motors? Is it just marketing lies and a pipe dream.

I would appreciate anyone who has been down the upsolute road and has real world experiences with the chip before i pull the trigger.

Thanks in advance

George

SLAMMED_C
01-05-2006, 02:58 PM
I have an upsolute chip in my 1999 C230 Kompressor..
when I went to get it done and talked to the guy that chipped my car he said I could expect a 10-15hp increase with the chip alone..
the claims on the upsolute website are actually true.. but that 39hp is an upsolute chip... AND a pulley kit (to increase boost).
so in order to get the full claimed 39hp from the upsolute site.. you will need to do the pulley kit and the chip.
I am very happy with my chip from upsolute.. I did notice a difference... worth the money in my mind.

but in the near future I may be going with a fully custom program.

without changing the pullies there is no way to increase boost.. you will need a pulley kit of some sort in oder to increase boost.

my only advice to you is to do any engine mods to your car first.. then get it chipped.. cause depending on what mods you do to your engine.. they can tweek the upsolute program and maybe give you a lil more power.

benzfan
01-05-2006, 05:28 PM
My C36 has been chipped by Upsolute. It seems to have a better response up high, but I don't have numbers to back that up. The only thing I noticed is that in very warm temperatures, it seems to be relying quite heavily on the knock sensors, indicating that the timing is pushed about as far as you'd want it. In the winter, with cold air intake temperatures, I can feel a definite difference from stock. The C230K is not nearly as highly tuned from the factory, so you could very well feel a difference year 'round.

Androulakis
01-05-2006, 08:51 PM
Thats weird... i dont know if this will link directly but here goes:

Upsolute Datasheet for 00 c230k (http://www.upsolute.com/db/new/datenblatt_eng.php?ID_Marke=14&ID=196)

They claim 232hp from the original 193.

They don't mention using a pulley or anything else in conjuction with it.

So... Are you supposed to have a pulley and not know it? Or... Do they seem to think that their ecu program is enough to get you to 232hp?

It at least to ME gives the impression that the chip alone will do it.

Take care,

George

SLAMMED_C
01-06-2006, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by Androulakis
Thats weird... i dont know if this will link directly but here goes:

Upsolute Datasheet for 00 c230k (http://www.upsolute.com/db/new/datenblatt_eng.php?ID_Marke=14&ID=196)

They claim 232hp from the original 193.

They don't mention using a pulley or anything else in conjuction with it.

So... Are you supposed to have a pulley and not know it? Or... Do they seem to think that their ecu program is enough to get you to 232hp?

It at least to ME gives the impression that the chip alone will do it.

Take care,

George
well if that is the case then I am running about 285hp at my flywheel then!!.. and I certainly am not!
my Kleemann boost kit alone gave me an extra 40hp and 40ft lbs of torque... so that would take me to ~230hp and 240 ft lbs of torque.. and with the upsolut program it gave me an extra say 15 hp and 15 ft lbs of torque.. so Im at or near 245hp at my flywheel...
I think the upsoloute site is being very generous.. unless its a very new program and is now better?!

Androulakis
01-06-2006, 09:58 AM
Ok after some more poking around, as well as a couple emails to upsolute tech support, the truth comes out.

Their claim of +39 HP involves a pulley swap (which they do not mention ANYWHERE on their site) in conjunction with their software.

This is the actual reply:

The values in the database are with a changed pulley, the chip allone (with the stock pulley) does supply about 20 additional hp, chip and pulley about 40hp. Anyway, the 20hp are really noticeable, since the car is stronger in every rev. range (like you can see in the dynochart at an older post). For the full power you need to update the pulley either. The customers in Austria do not change the pulley in 90% of all cases, and are verry happy with the result.

Stefan Charwat
technical support
UPsolute HQ
mailto:stefan@upsolute.com

SO they claim 20hp from the software, and another 20 for the chip. or 20 for the chip solo.

So it really is too good to be true. Although 20hp isn't something to be laughed at. I'm trying to get him to send me a dyno plot of JUST their software on a 230k.

Take care,

George

Denlasoul
01-06-2006, 12:15 PM
Only way to really know what you get is to do before and after dynos.

REMUS
01-09-2006, 03:42 AM
I have been looking into getting an upsolute chip, but I can't seem too find where I can get a pulley upgrade....