PDA

View Full Version : Hissing Noise somwehere between the fan and the engine block after the car is off

J Irwan
07-16-2003, 08:18 PM
Guys,

have any of you with Inline 6 M104 Engine (c280-C36) has experience hissing noise after you turn off the engine.

I just heard it today when I washed my car, so I thought normal since I just drove it a while ago.

But I just check again.
after the car sitting in the garage for about 4 hr
..the hissing noise still there..
it sounded like a basket ball/tires with small puncture losing air..

It just happened today (never have the noise before, I am sure of it)

Anyone has any clue..????

Regardz,

CKlasse
07-16-2003, 09:01 PM
Do you have a blacklight lying around?

nokia8860
07-16-2003, 09:01 PM
could be a vacuum leak? or maybe coolant hose leak? but after 4hrs of the car just sitting there?

maybe you ran over a nail and have a small tyre leak?

hmm... i will try to think more of it while i sleep and see what else i can come up with in the morning.

J Irwan
07-16-2003, 09:09 PM
No dudes..

The noise seem to come from between the engine and the radiator but more like from the radiator..

I check no coolant leak, and I also check the A/C still cold, so freak is not leaking either..

The first time I heard the noise was today.

When I was about to finish up drying the car..
at first it sounded came from the front radiator, so I though maybe it still hot and I just wash it, so it explain the hiss..

Damn..
The noise so close but I couldn't pin point exactly where..
just make me mad... :(

Regardz,

J Irwan
07-16-2003, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by CKlasse
Do you have a blacklight lying around?

You mean flash light..

Yeah I do, and I have been trying ..to find out what causing it, but I am unable to tell where the noise came from..

Regardz,

CKlasse
07-16-2003, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by J Irwan
You mean flash light..

Yeah I do, and I have been trying ..to find out what causing it, but I am unable to tell where the noise came from..

Regardz,

Blacklight.. to see if you have tiny freon leak somewhere.

J Irwan
07-17-2003, 10:37 AM
Finally

After some diagnose at the dealership..........

I think my condensor is leaking..
as you can see I can see some oil...(not that oily) that caused by refrigerant..

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0UwDQAt8YwvyYeu8B753CwmVHXQsvZzstDIRut9D*xUf*kZ2pd N3UMxCF1o5dpXXL!EDBwrYi80Zn2OriPA5KOJR1gC7YJ4C9i9p S6Ry4z8Nwm1Gt1WhK74LwYQdjsCfr/104-0414_IMG-resized.jpg

I thought it was some engine mechanical.. wheuwws...

hm...I think it should be cover by warranty.

Regardz,

nokia8860
07-17-2003, 11:34 AM
glad you were able to figure out what was leaking.

J Irwan
07-17-2003, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by nokia8860
glad you were able to figure out what was leaking.

ja mon..

I was starting to worry especially when this morning I walked to garage...and the noise still there...

I am glad at least now I found the culprit, and I called my Warrranty company and it's should be cover :)

the only downside is the earliest I can have my car in is wednesday of next week..

And the weather getting hot too, oh well I'll just roll down the window :D

Regardz,

CKlasse
07-17-2003, 05:23 PM
I am glad you found out whats wrong.

Eurosport
07-18-2003, 04:50 AM
good for future reference
glad you found the problem J

J Irwan
07-24-2003, 12:12 PM
Not tyring to scare you guys or anything..

Finally I got my car back.

and surprising the bill came out around $1000

And my warranty paid for $830 for the repair.

However I have to eat the rest because the according to the when they take the a/c component off they will need to replace the receiver dryer as well (because they are not able to get the moisture out on the old ones)..

and the Warranty company doesn't want to pay that since it is not a broken/damage part... which is ridicoulous.. :mad:

so I ended up paying for $170 which is not bad all..

Here is the new condensor on the car..

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SwDYAmgVKwKYeu8B753CwtQ5p3iwBgQXs2A05U2gtw2qRKGb2 wcFpujhiyAmNORnlrnZ!y2zmPCkwT9UB0p2y7lZi9nzpmnmxBs t390VZiXbbYNWueVlRQ/104-0475_IMG.JPG

Regardz,