PDA

View Full Version : ETS warning light

SimonH.
01-12-2006, 07:44 AM
Hello, i own a 1996 C36. On the instrument cluster the ETS warning light (when switching on electrics) and flashing triangle do not work. I have been assured by mercedes benz that the ETS system is working fine and that they would have to investigate the fault further. Other than that they recommended buying a new cluster at £500! Any idea what the fault could be or where i could lay my hands on a cluster without the huge cost?

SLAMMED_C
01-12-2006, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by SimonH.
Hello, i own a 1996 C36. On the instrument cluster the ETS warning light (when switching on electrics) and flashing triangle do not work. I have been assured by mercedes benz that the ETS system is working fine and that they would have to investigate the fault further. Other than that they recommended buying a new cluster at £500! Any idea what the fault could be or where i could lay my hands on a cluster without the huge cost?
you could try and look at your cluster yourself.. maybe remove it and open it up.. check the curcuit board for a broken solder joint.. if ya find any you can resolder them yourself.