PDA

View Full Version : Project S32 ///AMG

omeyhomey
01-12-2006, 08:52 AM
Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum, but i have been posting on MBworld for almost a year now. I decided to come over here b/c the W140 forum over there is almost dead. Anyways i have a 300SE with a M104 powered 3.2L with a fairly long list of mods. Intake, exhaust, suspension, wheels, interior, mods, etc etc etc. My website is ...

www.europerformance.net/S32AMG.htm (will update soon too)

and heres the MBworld thread...

S32 AMG thread (http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=55150)

Anyways i'd like to hear your opinions (keep it clean :) ). Thx, glad to be on an active forum for once with lotta great info :)

kameraguy
01-12-2006, 08:56 AM
Welcome, and i definitely like the "after" results :)

Looks like the front bumper has a little crack? Time for an AMG bumper! :D

omeyhomey
01-12-2006, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by kameraguy
Welcome, and i definitely like the "after" results :)

Looks like the front bumper has a little crack? Time for an AMG bumper! :D

ya that front bumper has been to hell and back. It missing the tow panel cover, its cracked on bottom, its banged up, and its drivers side has been yanked off (parking blocks ripped it off). So instead of fixing / replacing, im just gonna save up for AMG bumper and get it painted to match (along with the rest of the bottoms, to eliminate two tone). thx

Abuimad
01-12-2006, 09:04 AM
yep time for an AMG kit...but ur car sure developed a looooot (biiiiiig difference between the before and after pics...BIG difference)
and i respect all w140, moded or not...so i got to give ur car a loot of respect ;) :D
btw there is another member here with a w140..kevin is his name his car is also a piece of beuty

Renn 208
01-12-2006, 09:28 AM
Excellent documentation, and I dig seeing the progression through each mod stage. Keep up with it! Also, for the next gen of your intake, perhaps you can try some longer tubing and run it down to the bumper opening area? Typically it's a higher pressure area than the grill area... You can search for speedybenz's posts for an example.

Welcome to the fourm, and enjoy your stay.

jnenad16
01-12-2006, 09:42 AM
nice car, keep us posted and any help you need, we are here for you. btw, welcome to the club.

nenad

Under Pressure
01-12-2006, 12:29 PM
Erebuni sells all the replica kits for the W140 (and they even sell an original design that ricey as hell - its the very first one). I hear some complain quality is bad and fitment is a joke, while others have had no problems. Given how rare and expensive an authentic AMG bumper will be, maybe its better to go replica and get the entire kit for probably less money...

http://www.erebuni.net/ge/mercew140.htm

omeyhomey
01-12-2006, 05:03 PM
Just a heads up,

I will be making a Gen4 intake and it will be my last and final intake design and it will be made of a 3.0" smooth mandrel bent 100 degree curve for more optimal positioning and it will be powdercoated black for very clean installation.

Also, I will be upgrading my stock tractor style cast exhaust manfolds for a the new C280 style M104 headers, but i won't stop there, I will port and polish the headers and possibly even ceramic coat them (i have not decided yet). in addition injectors will be on the way as soon as I fix this check engine problem. I will be posting new pictures and new exhaust clips and hopefully new dyno graphs and etc soon.

Updates coming soon.

Ashkan's C280
01-12-2006, 08:33 PM
s32 is one of my fav project in a long time... keep up the good work omeed, and I still need you to make me an intake system, I'm sure the list has moved up some by now....

DRM
01-12-2006, 09:26 PM
Really good

coolin
01-13-2006, 07:58 AM
How is reliability on the W140?

They are starting to get a lot cheaper and I had thought to buy a S500 or S430.

I would imagine they have to be better than a 740i.

omeyhomey
01-13-2006, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by coolin
How is reliability on the W140?

They are starting to get a lot cheaper and I had thought to buy a S500 or S430.

I would imagine they have to be better than a 740i.

the 6-cylinders are almost bulletproof. The V8's do have alot more problems, don't touch a V12, i hear they are a nightmare. But you can get a 6-cyl W140 benz for $8-12k or even less. SOOO much car for the money. Another reason i chose to mod 6cyl over keeping moms V8 is more reliabile, better gasmileage, and its a much more fun engine. 93 300SE has the 3.69 differential (highest differential ever put into a benz) and it revs to a staggering 6800rpm stock. Its no slouch on the top end. Anyways I will keep yall updated with the modifications.

jnenad16
01-13-2006, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by omeyhomey
the 6-cylinders are almost bulletproof. The V8's do have alot more problems, don't touch a V12, i hear they are a nightmare. But you can get a 6-cyl W140 benz for $8-12k or even less. SOOO much car for the money. Another reason i chose to mod 6cyl over keeping moms V8 is more reliabile, better gasmileage, and its a much more fun engine. 93 300SE has the 3.69 differential (highest differential ever put into a benz) and it revs to a staggering 6800rpm stock. Its no slouch on the top end. Anyways I will keep yall updated with the modifications.
doesnt G class have a 4.12:1 diff?

nenad

omeyhomey
01-13-2006, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by jnenad16
doesnt G class have a 4.12:1 diff?

nenad

well G-class has 3 differentials so that doesn't really count, i meant rear wheel drive benzes

coolin
01-13-2006, 12:48 PM
The problem with the V12 is that even if you have no problems, maintenance costs (like 24 spark plugs) would be like a major problem on a normal engine.

I think I might shop around for an S next time around.

Abuimad
01-13-2006, 01:31 PM
v12 are definetly a pain in the ass, and yes the v6 is bullet proof and i cant believe how cheap they are becoming, and this car has soo much potential and still looks classy.....as i always say the w140 looks presedential....

Ashkan's C280
01-13-2006, 04:05 PM
that huge engine is also the problem, to get to anywhere a lot of parts have to come off.... imagine denso or ngk plugs are 8 bucks a plugs, which they are more but that is 192 bucks for parts alone, let alone install price, assume its another 80 and that is close to 400 bucks for a spark plug change....

omeyhomey
01-14-2006, 11:03 AM
you can get V8 power out of the Inline-6 and that was my point for doing the project. Once i fix my check engine (i think its 02 sensor) and get my headers / injectors / new intake / and fan delete the car should be putting out close to V8 numbers.

jnenad16
01-14-2006, 11:16 AM
the only way you gonna get V8 hp and torque out of your M104 is by force feeding it. the intake/exhaust/chip tuning/injectors are not gonna give you 60 hp. I recommend going the route of supercharging. I have discussed in the past many times using a powerdyne bd series supercharger, it should be the perfect power addon on the M104.

nenad

Ashkan's C280
01-14-2006, 12:07 PM
lower stat plugs and wires, and a new mas, and you should be golden

omeyhomey
01-14-2006, 05:33 PM
the only way you gonna get V8 hp and torque out of your M104 is by force feeding it. the intake/exhaust/chip tuning/injectors are not gonna give you 60 hp. I recommend going the route of supercharging. I have discussed in the past many times using a powerdyne bd series supercharger, it should be the perfect power addon on the M104.

nenad

the 420 only has 50 more HP and if you do the power/weight calculations u only need roughly 40HP to get the down to the same power/weight ratio, and that doesn't include the 3.69 gearing so it is possible to make it as fast as a 400SE/S420.

jnenad16
01-14-2006, 06:57 PM
the 420 only has 50 more HP and if you do the power/weight calculations u only need roughly 40HP to get the down to the same power/weight ratio, and that doesn't include the 3.69 gearing so it is possible to make it as fast as a 400SE/S420.
that is true, but but I still dont think all the intake, exhaust and fuel tuning will reach those numbers. the most you will get with all of those is around 20-25hp if its optimally configured and matched. I have made a countless number of intake and exhaust combinations on my C280, and I could never squeeze out more than 15hp out of it. so I strongly suggest you get yourself a nice, rebuilt powerdyne bd-11 or bd-600 with 6psi pulley for well under a grand, get a good water injection system and you will pass the 300 hp mark easily.

nenad

Ashkan's C280
01-14-2006, 07:08 PM
well its intake ported and polished headers new res and muff, along with a fan switch and a lot of weight loss, I think if he did cats, he would be very close, at least with the ratio, he has taken a bit of weight off the car, so its gotta be close

omeyhomey
01-15-2006, 01:14 AM
that is true, but but I still dont think all the intake, exhaust and fuel tuning will reach those numbers. the most you will get with all of those is around 20-25hp if its optimally configured and matched. I have made a countless number of intake and exhaust combinations on my C280, and I could never squeeze out more than 15hp out of it. so I strongly suggest you get yourself a nice, rebuilt powerdyne bd-11 or bd-600 with 6psi pulley for well under a grand, get a good water injection system and you will pass the 300 hp mark easily.

nenad

I didn't reveal EVERY mod I am doing :) :D :cool:

Abuimad
01-15-2006, 02:20 AM

Daamn theres more :D ;)

jnenad16
01-15-2006, 11:27 AM
I see, you got few aces up your sleeve.:D

nenad

omeyhomey
01-19-2006, 03:24 PM
BIG UPDATE: Headers arrived...

Well they finally arrived, and I have to say i'm actually VERY VERY impressed with the quality of these stock headers. the inside runners are very smooth and seem to flow very well compared to the cast design. I may try and port them slightly, but honestly I feel that may honestly just be overkill. there are a few minor areas i can improve on but overall compared to stock BMW headers, these are far better.

The exact weights are:

Front header: 6.6lbs
Rear header: 6.4
Total: 13.0 exactly.

and of course... here are the pics , enjoy... more updates coming soon

http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=70810&stc=1

http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=70811&stc=1

http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=70812&stc=1

http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=70813&stc=1

http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=70814&stc=1

jnenad16
01-19-2006, 09:49 PM
I thought you were getting real headers, and I was like, shit he found headers for the 104. you got me! :)

nenad

omeyhomey
01-20-2006, 09:26 AM
I thought you were getting real headers, and I was like, shit he found headers for the 104. you got me! :)

nenad

once i port & polish these headers and ceramic coat them they will give "real" header gains :)

Renn 208
01-20-2006, 09:54 AM
once i port & polish these headers and ceramic coat them they will give "real" header gains :)

I think the topic of debate is log-type vs equal length...

omeyhomey
01-21-2006, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by Renn 208
I think the topic of debate is log-type vs equal length...

well of course equal lenght is much better but im not paying $1800 for header, thats just absurb. After doing the math i realized i can get an extra 20-30% flow out of each of the exhaust manifold runners by porting them out, however flow wise they are actually VERY good and should be far superior to the cast iron manifold design i currently have (as well as being much lighter as well, about half the weight).

I am also gonna change my 02 sensor soonand also try and convert my intake to 3.5" diameter if possible with the Gen4 setup. I will be getting the Accel 24lb injectors as well very soon. once I do that I will post the results. Thanks again guys. ttyl

omeyhomey
01-24-2006, 08:18 AM
Hey guys,

well after much deliberation I decided I'm going to run a full entire system. Going to run full custom equal length long tube 6-2-1 headers with custom center section with high flow magnaflow cat with no resonators but two magnaflow exhausts (to eliminate that drone at 2000rpm). the exhaust will be very quiet and be a sleeper exhaust but it will make the most possible HP out of a M104 you can possibly make. My goal is to surpass the C36 HP numbers. if i can get more power out of the 3.2 than the 3.6 i think that would be quite an accomplishment. anyways i'll keep yall updated.

jnenad16
01-24-2006, 09:19 AM
we would all like to see that. do keep us posted.

nenad

Abuimad
01-25-2006, 02:20 AM
wow....

omeyhomey
01-25-2006, 06:34 PM
Injector update:

hey guys, I just bought the Accel 24lb injectors from summit racing for only $195 for the set of 6. Ibought them from nenads suggestion. they should help out my cars performance quite a bit, I will install them in about a week and keep yall updated.

omeyhomey
02-03-2006, 09:24 AM
Hey guys, The injectors just came in today (i got a 8pack from jegs for $250). I also got the royal purple oil in as well. The oil, thermostat, headers, O2 sensor and fan delete will be performed next friday.

omeyhomey
02-06-2006, 08:19 PM
Header Update

Hey guys, well heres a sneek peak of what im doing to the headers, I already cleaned up the headers today. The scary part is the only cleaner used to get the headers from dirty and rust to what u see in the pics below... is COCA-COLA... yup. Kinda makes you never want to drink soda again ever.

http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=72528&stc=1

http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=72529&stc=1

http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=72530&stc=1

http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=72531&stc=1

http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=72532&stc=1

omeyhomey
02-10-2006, 05:03 PM
Overhaul + Headers + lower thermostat + royal purple oil. installed update:

Hey guys, big update this time. I FINALLY got a chance to take the car to the shop. First we put in the new spark plugs & then the lower thermostat. After we finished that we put in the new oil filter and 7 quarts of Royal purples 5w-30 motor oil. Once we finished that we tackled the huge header install. It was actually harder than I anticipated but after we painted it all it turned out pretty damn nice. We also had to modify the EGR stock piping but we got everything to fit so all is well.

The car runs MUCH smoother now. The old spark plugs must have been almost 2 years old because they were all white (means lean condition) and the gaps were way off and they were totally caked. The royal purple also helps the motor run smoother as well. I will have not pushed it real hard (letting the header coating cure slowly). The headers did smoke alittle at first but thats normal in the curing process. Technically u are supposed to waith 24 hours until exposing to heat instead of about 5-6 hours but i was in a rush and i couldn't leave my car over night. The thermostat works just as it should, the temps before were 87-90 range, now the need is rock steady at 80-81. The oil pressure also has improved a bit though it is still lower than heavier weight oilds. at idle it stays around the 2 range where as before it was in the 1.5 range.

In addition, the stock headers weigh in at 21lbs and the new headers weigh in at 13 lbs so thats an 8lb loss from just headers alone, not to mention about another 1-2lbs for the stock cast iron EGR valve as well the stock head sheild that bolt on the cast manifold and etc. The grand total is roughly a 10lb decrease in weight off the front of the car. Definitely not bad in my book.

Once I get a chance tomorrow i will take pictures and hopefully push it to the limits to see how it performs. It won't perform its max until i fix the dead O2 sensor, its still running in limp mode now but considering its running in limp mode the car is running awesome, very smooth, very nice. im happy with the results. I will keep yall updated.

omeyhomey
02-12-2006, 06:11 PM
I drove the car today and pushed it pretty hard. It definitely feels much smoother and the responce is much better. It is still running in limp mode but at least its running much better. The O2 sensor should be here this week hopefully. The performance at max throttle is much better but I think the injectors will really help out alot b/c i have a feeling the stock software is reaching its threshold. I will have pictures and sound clips up soon of the exhaust system.

omeyhomey
02-19-2006, 05:16 PM
Header pictures:

hey guys, finally took pics of the headers, they look pretty good. The black headers look alot more stealthy than the plain headers and it should protect the headers for years to come. The run marks are b/c i painted the paint on and hung them to dry but it doesn't really bother me. if you want you can use spray paint for a more even finish but to me the paint has much better bonding properties and its also a thicker coating, spray paint is very thin. Anyways, here are the pics.

http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=73725&stc=1

omeyhomey
02-19-2006, 06:08 PM
Exhaust sound clips !!

Hey guys, finally got the exhaust sound clips. the majority of them are pretty good quality, the bass is not as loud as in real life so crank up the bass and it will give u a good idea of what it sounds like in real life but you get the idea.

Heres the sound files :)

www.europerformance.net/Gen4Exhaust.rar

jnenad16
02-19-2006, 06:08 PM
looks good, but I dont get how they are higher flowing since they look exactly the same as stock. did I miss something in the previous posts?
btw, when are u gonna install the accels?

EDIT: just read the earlier posts. I forgot you ported them. MY BAD!

nenad

omeyhomey
02-20-2006, 07:54 PM
i can provide it in zip form too if necessary

omeyhomey
02-25-2006, 04:25 PM
Update: maintenance work done...

Hey guys, FINALLY changed the O2 sensor and the car feels 100% again. WOW, the car pulls unlike anything before. I should be doing injectors very soon. I cannot wait to get a dyno soon. the car is running REAL strong and shifts like a maniac. I will also be doing one more mod to the benz exhaust. once I do that I will post everything. ttyl

dono
02-28-2006, 04:59 PM
Real nice car. Where did you get that shift knob?

omeyhomey
03-01-2006, 12:07 AM
Hey guys,

I just bought 4 bottles of "Seafoam" injector / carbon cleaner tonight (two for the benz, two for the E30). I put one bottle in the S320 gas tank (which has been plagued with problems for a long time). The full bottle of Sea Foam with about 1/2-3/4 gas in the tank did WONDERS!! The car literally feels like a brand new car and pulls like a monster (used to ping and knock like no other). It must have cleaned the entire fuel system and gotten ALL the gunk out of the system. I've used tons of injector cleaners but none have done anything really. This IMMEDIATELY did wonders and now the car does not knock at all and i swear it release some serious HP out of the dirty fuel system. Two tankfuls it should be all that is necessary to get rid of carbon.

Anyways I definitely give it a 10/10 rating. For $5 you cannot go wrong.

http://www.seafoamsales.com/motorTuneUpTech.htm

omeyhomey
03-01-2006, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by dono
Real nice car. Where did you get that shift knob?

Shift knob was bought off ebay, they now have special deals for AMG brushed aluminum pedals and shift knob for one package price of $80-100 depending. I'd get that. anyways hope that helps.

jnolte
03-01-2006, 12:28 AM
Hey guys,

I just bought 4 bottles of "Seafoam" injector / carbon cleaner tonight (two for the benz, two for the E30). I put one bottle in the S320 gas tank (which has been plagued with problems for a long time). The full bottle of Sea Foam with about 1/2-3/4 gas in the tank did WONDERS!! The car literally feels like a brand new car and pulls like a monster (used to ping and knock like no other). It must have cleaned the entire fuel system and gotten ALL the gunk out of the system. I've used tons of injector cleaners but none have done anything really. This IMMEDIATELY did wonders and now the car does not knock at all and i swear it release some serious HP out of the dirty fuel system. Two tankfuls it should be all that is necessary to get rid of carbon.

Anyways I definitely give it a 10/10 rating. For $5 you cannot go wrong.

http://www.seafoamsales.com/motorTuneUpTech.htm

it says for diesels and small 2 cylinder engines only

redline
03-01-2006, 01:08 AM
Now all you need is the motor out of the C32 :)

omeyhomey
03-01-2006, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by jnolte
it says for diesels and small 2 cylinder engines only

Seafoam is for ALL engines, it can be used in Diesels of course along with 2 cycle engines. Put one bottle in your tank of gas when half full and run the piss out of it for that half tank and then refill with gas and car will run like it never has before. I still cannot believe how much crud it got out of my fuel system, the car does not even ping anymore and full throttle it sounds like a beast now and really helped improve perforamnce. I really think I am must closer to my goal than before. It honestly feels like i just put in new injectors in the car. I highly recommend.

omeyhomey
03-20-2006, 11:13 AM
Gen5 exhaust arrived: 22" magnaflow resonators ....

hey guys, my new resonator finally came in, its a 22" long design with 4" case diameter and 2.5" piping inlet/outlet. This is the longest and quietest and most free flowing resonator money can buy so hopefully this should do the job. It measures out almost exhaust the same as the two inline resonators it replaces. Here are a few pictures of the resonator... more updates coming soon

http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=76655&stc=1

http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=76656&stc=1

omeyhomey
03-20-2006, 11:31 AM
Gen4 intake update: silicone elbow has arrived...

Today my silicone elbow also arrived for my final intake design. This silicone elbow does a few things. First, it eliminates ANY metal in the entire intake system up to the throttle body, which will reduce any heat soaked into the intake tract. 2nd, it will allow me to position the intake in a better position by dropping it down a few inches and further back towards the throttle body thereby creating more hood clearance (which here were some minor isues). lastly, it eliminates the need for alot of extra parts and instead of having a metal elbow with two silicone adapters and 4 O-clamps, all u have is one silicone elbow, and two O-clamps (which is good b/c the silicone adapters were beginning to fatigue on the old setup b/c of the improper angle and the weak style silicone used). this 4-ply silicone is MUCH stronger yet still flexible enough for easy of installation. anyways here are the pics .... more updates coming very soon.

http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=76657&stc=1

http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=76658&stc=1

http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=76659&stc=1

omeyhomey
03-20-2006, 07:07 PM
Gen4 intake intalled, intake system FINALLY completed! ...

well guys, big milestone today... the intake system is finally complete. The silicone elbow went on today.

Installation: the installation was a bit of a pain. The greatest strength of the silicone elbow was also its greatest weakness: the fact that it was a high quality 4-ply silicone hose. The hose still has alot of flexibility but if you want to expand the diameter EVEN just a little bit, its NOT easy b/c u have to fight 4 layers of reinforcement (however 4-ply is necessary to add support to the intake system once installed). It took a bit of manipulation but the elbow finaly went on the Throttle body inlet (which is a tiny bit over 3.0", more like 3.1-3.2). once that was done I then put on the o-clamps and then the HFM (same story, took a bit of work but a flat head screwdriver really helps). then i positioned the elbow and etc so it light up perfectly to the opening in the front grille (at a bit of an angle from rest of the engine). then i lined up the rest of the intake, the intake is significantly lower so things that weren't in the way before were but i just angled the intake alittle and everything turned out better than before and the angle was much better.

Performance: The first thing i noticed was how smooth the power band now was. there was no gigantic difference in power but it comes on much smoother and sooner too. The main reason is now the HFM is in the perfect position in comparison to the rest of the intake where as the before the HFM was ****ed at an angle b/c of the curvature of the metal pipe. with the engine cold there wasn't much difference but once the engine got warm the engine seemed alot more responsive than before (probably due to the fact that the silicone prevents heat from getting in unlike the metal aluminum pipe. The top end feels alot smoother but now that even more cold air is getting in the top end is really starting to lean out and once the engine ECU even started to pull serious timing on the top end (those injectors need to go in ASAP). Over all im very happy with the intake and im finally done with the intake. I will have to finish off the exhuast system (mid pipe) that should be a really interesting project.

and so the modding frenzy continues .... anyways here are the pics ..

http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=76705&stc=1

http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=76706&stc=1

http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=76707&stc=1

jnolte
03-20-2006, 08:14 PM
where did you get that silicone elbow?

omeyhomey
03-20-2006, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by jnolte
where did you get that silicone elbow?

they are availible for roughly $15-25 on ebay, I paid $19.99 for mine plus $6 shipping. I searched forever fora black one but they didn't make it in black so blue had to do. hope that helps.

omeyhomey
03-21-2006, 08:40 PM
Update: Interior LED lighting conversion...

hey guys, well heres an old trick i did on my E36 bmw. I converted all of the interior lighting bulbs to LED based bulbs instead of the normal filament style bulbs. What this does is ...

* Reduce electricity used by almost 95%
* Reduce strain on the electrical system
* it emits ZERO heat unlike conventional bulbs
* it will last 10 times longer than any conventional bulbs
* it emits a much higher quality vibrant true white light

The only downside is it is slightly pricy but when u take into account that the bulbs will last a lifetime then it is actually a bargain b/c u will never have to replace another bulb again.

Anyways here are the pictures (i left some of the stock bulbs in place to show a comparison of before and after. (sorry for the blurry pics, the camera isn't the best in the dark.)

http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=76787&stc=1

http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=76788&stc=1

http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=76789&stc=1

http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=76790&stc=1

http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=76791&stc=1

jnenad16
03-21-2006, 09:59 PM
thats a great idea, I might do this to my cars. thanx.

nenad

Ashkan's C280
03-21-2006, 11:37 PM
wow that is a very nice mod, congrats again, I hope you do the tranny lights, are you going to do the rear license plate lights as well? xenons blubs for fronts?

omeyhomey
04-14-2006, 10:15 PM
Hey guys,

Been sick for the last week so i haven't been able to post but finally got beter and did some mods.

First, I returned the liscence plate lights back from LED to regular. The reason behind it was that the Amp draw on the LED's so so low that the computer thinks the lights are burnt out and throws a "check light bulb" warning light on (the yellow one with lightbulb on it). Therefore i returned it back to stock so i don't have to see that warning light all the time, so thats two less LED lights you will need. (remember W140's are different than W202's so it may work perfect on your cars, but W140's seem to be real picky with a lot of stuff).

Second. I changed tranny oils again, this time I ran Mobil1 Synthetic ATF which is fantastic stuff and I also added a small bottle of Lucas Oils "Auto Transmission Fix" it basically improves seals and bands inside the tranny for better performance. Prior to installing both i put some Seafoam "Trans Tune" just to clean out any junk inside and then flushed the tranny about 15 miles after using it. Transmission definitely shifts very good and no leaks (which would happen with royal purple on extremely long road trips b/c it would get so hot and thin.

Third, I installed the Accel injectors. So far I'm not very happy with the injectors, I think the car is now running way too rich but that may also be b/c my precats are going bad which may be throwing off my O2 sensor (which is behind the precats abut 3 feet down the system). The car does rev smoother but still not perfect. I think a bad spark may also be the culpret so i then addressed that issue.

Fourth, I installed the Voltage Stabilizer i got. It goes on the battery and essentially if further improves the ground throughout the entire cars electrical system. The car now has better torque responce on the low end and accelerates smoother on the top end with alittle more pull. however b/c the car is still not running perfect its alittle hard to tell exactly how much it will help on a perfectly running car, but i believe the dyno claims 2-4 HP/Tq gains most see in all automotive applications i've seen.

Fifth, I have started the instrument cluster LED conversion however I ordered the wrong ones b/c sylvania used the wrong bulbs on their automotive lamp guide so i will have to reorder new LEDs.

The car is coming along and still have a few more mods coming. I will post new results soon. ttyl.

omeyhomey
05-03-2006, 03:41 PM
Hey guys, I just updated my website and i think it looks much better. I would like to hear your opinions....

www.europerformance.net/S32AMG.htm

thx guys, have a good one.

trymonlam
05-03-2006, 04:55 PM
nice layout. but shouldn't u put the 140 on the front page man? afterall that's your pride and joy, right?

omeyhomey
05-03-2006, 07:07 PM
i couldn't find any good w140 pics so i just used the best benz and bmw pics i could find.