PDA

View Full Version : changing belts...2 (komprssor engine)

01-15-2006, 11:25 PM
...as I don't want to post in Paul's tread under el-section

As per title, and after search this is my questions, after managed one our around my engine without doing nothing:( :

1) I was not able to locate kompressor belt tensioner pulley!! is some tensioner pulley to slacken, in similar way aux belt

2) is it really needed to remove engine fan? How!? in case is it possible to remove the water pump pulley directly (4 nuts)

...as far as aux pulley it seems quite fast to change belts.

Any help will be appreciated

thanks

Marco:)

Pagz
01-16-2006, 09:16 AM
Hi marco,
you will not need to remove the viscous fan to replace the belts.

you will find that your viscous fan has an offset blade setup,so if you take a look between the blades you will find one pair that has more distance apart than the rest
this allows you to have access to the tensioners if you spin the fan to the right spot.

there is a tensioner located on both belt configurations,both have a torx stud(star shape) protruding from the centre of the pully...
this is there to enable you to lever the pullys and slacken the belts...
it is best to obtain the correct torx socket for the job(i think its 10mm),it is also possible to do it with a quality standard socket,but i dont recommend it.

Regards,
Paul

01-17-2006, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by 23K
Hi marco,
you will not need to remove the viscous fan to replace the belts.

you will find that your viscous fan has an offset blade setup,so if you take a look between the blades you will find one pair that has more distance apart than the rest
this allows you to have access to the tensioners if you spin the fan to the right spot.

there is a tensioner located on both belt configurations,both have a torx stud(star shape) protruding from the centre of the pully...
this is there to enable you to lever the pullys and slacken the belts...
it is best to obtain the correct torx socket for the job(i think its 10mm),it is also possible to do it with a quality standard socket,but i dont recommend it.

Regards,
Paul

Dear Paul I thank you a lot for your kind help, that I appreciate a lot:)
it's nice that both belts came out without removing the fan!! It's so good:D

I'll locate the right blade near the tensioner pulley.

regarding the kompressor tensioner pulley I was a bit confused because I see 2 bolts: one on the kompressor (if I'm not wrong) and one on a separate pulley, I thing it's this one to be slacken: anticlockwise isn't is?...I was ofraid to force the wrong one!

Mine are 8 mm nut (normal, not torx).

Does the slacken belts came out quite easy around the fan (not remouved)? first kompressor belt and then aux belt.

I really thank you a lot and I hope you'll find as soon the way to solve your performances modification on your engine:) :)

Hi

Marco

01-19-2006, 02:45 AM
up for Paul.:)

thanks

Marco

Pagz
01-19-2006, 09:33 AM
hey no problem Marco;)...
yes both belts should slide over your fan without removing it!
im fairly sure both tensioner pullys will need to be wound anti-clockwise to release the tension...
goodluck!

Paul

01-19-2006, 11:33 PM
Paul,

THANKS again for your confirmation.

As soon I can (at least at the end of these cold days) I'll try again.

I'll keep you informed.

Ciao

Marco:)