PDA

View Full Version : no TCS

rollinrealbig
01-17-2006, 09:47 PM
ok, I know 202 have a big triangle in the middle of the speedo ... and whenever the car looses traction the TCS goes off and the yellow light flashes .... am I right so far ?

the problem is ... my car doesnt have TCS going off AT ALL, no light and I cant feel any type of force helping out when im drifting the car at some back parking lot.

I kind of like this because its very easy to hydroplain and take on sharp corners with a smooth drift through them, but still Im wondering why my car has no TCS!

I remember I used to have it last summer (I think) but now that the TCS is completly silent .... makes me wonder what happen to it (if I ever had it).

Abuimad
01-18-2006, 02:10 AM
my car also dosent have traction control at all..and when i do spin out or loose control i dont see ne lights..never did never will thats because tcs option dosent come on normal 230's
hence the reason to why i spun out and crashed the car big time

davis449
01-18-2006, 08:06 AM
I HATE ASR/ESP! Monday, it was just starting to rain, and I couldn't accelerate for shit. The damn thing just kept blinking at me and I couldn't go anywhere. I loved the fact that my 95 didn't have ASR. Scared me half to death when I made a right turn at a light and was almost rear ended by oncoming traffic because of that damn ASR.

rollinrealbig
01-18-2006, 08:30 AM
I "THINK" I remember having something blink ... but never seen that light agian ... or maybe it was on the 203, but 203's have ON/OFF switch which is sooo awesome!

I got used to not having TCS or whatever you call it, love the rain - always tail-sliding on every turn! :D :D :D

and as far as taking off - the wheels just spin for about 20-40 feet depending on if I floor the car or not.

Abuimad
01-18-2006, 09:37 AM
just be carefull

now i wont even acccelerate in normal weather let alone rain...still to damn scared to drive ;)
so just be carefull, uhave fun for a sec or 2..but then u end up crashing ur car hurting urself or others....and life miserably the rest of ur life

rollinrealbig
01-18-2006, 09:43 AM
yea I know ... I get enough of these lectures from my parents. LoL :D

Abuimad
01-18-2006, 09:55 AM
well they have lived a lot more than u (knock on wood) meaning they have done something right with there life...
im not saying dont go crazy ( i know i will when i start driving regularly again) im just saying be selective on were u chose to go crazy..especialy with a car without tcs

rollinrealbig
01-18-2006, 10:15 AM
yes i know what you mean!

No im not some crazy-ass that wants to race everytime he seens a green light!

I know my limits ... but I have to say empty wet roads are very intimadating! LoL :D

trymonlam
01-18-2006, 09:07 PM
i agree with abuimad. it's my believe that all drivers would crash at least once, big or small, before they actually mature into the drivers they can be. i've been there, and i believe quite a few of us here had the same experience.
just watch out out there, rollin. i am not much older than u. it's fun and all, until that moment comes. i would just wish that when it does, it's the least problem as it can be.

benzonline
01-19-2006, 07:15 AM
The w202 is a fun car especially when pushed (if you have a 230K or 280) but still its easy to lose control so in the end dont do it and its alot of wear on the car too.

Abuimad
01-19-2006, 11:12 AM
all w202's are fun to push, for some reason u feel that u have complete control of the car, untill the rear tires break traction then its impossible to control

rollinrealbig
01-19-2006, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Abuimad
all w202's are fun to push, for some reason u feel that u have complete control of the car, untill the rear tires break traction then its impossible to control

seriously though - it seems very heavy and alot of force holding it on the pavement - but I did have my moment of no control which scared the shit out of me but I got very lucky to drive away without even comming to a full stop.

jnolte
01-19-2006, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by rollinrealbig
I "THINK" I remember having something blink ... but never seen that light agian ... or maybe it was on the 203, but 203's have ON/OFF switch which is sooo awesome!

I got used to not having TCS or whatever you call it, love the rain - always tail-sliding on every turn! :D :D :D

and as far as taking off - the wheels just spin for about 20-40 feet depending on if I floor the car or not.

IMO your a dumbass, becareful, a car is a 2 ton weapon on wheels if abused

rollinrealbig
01-19-2006, 07:15 PM
I know I know, I only do that in empty roads so if I screw up it wont effect anyone but me and my car.