PDA

View Full Version : Does this intake look like a good fit?

FreeStyler
01-18-2006, 06:43 AM
http://www.procarparts.com/store-detail.asp?sku=MB94CC%2D10460AIX&dbname=onlinestoreDB

wodering if the filter in the above link would work with my 98 c230? do you think it would cause any problems? thanks guys!

dan

Abuimad
01-18-2006, 07:54 AM
it does but WTF is this company never ever heard of it..and the R logo looks the same as the honda/integra modding companies......
dunno im thinking dont get it, air filters from reputable brands (omp, K&n, Green) already have the risk of damaging the mas/maf sensor, i dont even wanna think what air filters from chineese companies do

rollinrealbig
01-18-2006, 08:19 AM
"Otto Racing" .... think ive seen that somewhere.

FreeStyler
01-18-2006, 01:41 PM
Ok well let me think about this brand, does anyone know where else i can get a similar one by a different brand thats fits a 98 c230?

trymonlam
01-18-2006, 08:57 PM
well, some members on this forum believes that the weapon R intake is probably the best for our cars, u can go take a look.
in terms of short intakes like that, about a year ago someone gave me a roar intake solidly constructed with carbon fiber and it uses intake foam. i haven't tried it yet but the guy that gave me this said it made quite a difference on his ML 430. go look them up and see what u think.
my 2 cents.

jnolte
01-18-2006, 09:04 PM
G H E T T O

Pagz
01-18-2006, 10:05 PM
hmmm that would most likely loose you HP unless you box it or send it to the guard...would sound gd though...yip g h e t to

Grech
01-19-2006, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by trymonlam
well, some members on this forum believes that the weapon R intake is probably the best for our cars, u can go take a look.

Nowadays I too am looking for a good intake kit for my C200, and just checked the Weapon R website. The only intake system they have for Mercedes is supposedly for V6 models. Is that just written there or they actually dont work with inline 4 cyl engines like mine and C230?

Also, has anyone on this forum ever used the secret weapon on their cars? Any comments?

Thanks a lot.

trymonlam
01-19-2006, 05:54 AM
i think the only thing u need to take into consideration is that if it would fit. if it does, i don't see any problem of putting it on a L4. as for the roar intake, it's cylindrically boxed in carbon fiber with 1 side open for intake. i dont know what kind of gain/loss it would give cause it's been sitting in my closet for a while.