PDA

View Full Version : Rev. limiter -

rollinrealbig
01-18-2006, 08:09 PM
how do I adjust the setting ? my car shifts at about 5000 and wont redline. any easy way to adjust ?

alboogiee
01-18-2006, 09:01 PM
put your pedal on the floor

electronic "smart" transmission... disconnect your battery for 10-15 minutes, drive the car HARD! will relearn that you like to drawn out your RPMS and will be a regular occuance...

jnolte
01-18-2006, 09:02 PM
first what year is your car...

adaptive tranny started in 1997

Grech
01-19-2006, 01:25 AM
Use the S setting instead of W, and it will shift at redline.

coolin
01-19-2006, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by alboogiee
put your pedal on the floor

That's what I'm talkin' about.

tpliquid
01-19-2006, 05:16 PM
my shifts at redline even if i dont put the pedal to the metal

rollinrealbig
01-19-2006, 06:13 PM
ok, my car is a 97' and it was the first batch of the 97's that were made.

I will try alboogiee's way ... so basically it trains my tranny to the way I drive ?

right now when I drive I either use "4" or "D" but when I floor it - it shifts at 4500 close to 5000 but still not redlining.

when you say drive "hard" - you mean flooring it and taking off with tires squeeling ? basically what it alreddy does. LoL

K_Sport Driver
01-19-2006, 06:21 PM
hope you don't have to depend on your car. from a couple of threads i've read where you've posted, it sounds like you treat your car like shit and drive it like hell. maybe shifting below redline is the car's way of telling you to ease off?

is it shifting low all the time? because when the motor's still cold, it will automatically shift lower, so it doesn't harm the motor.

jnolte
01-19-2006, 06:45 PM
i thought you were 15 w/o a lisence? becareful, i was 15-16 once and a ignorant dumbass, dont let the cops catch you

rollinrealbig
01-19-2006, 07:08 PM
no honestly I try to drive very careful and pay attention and follow every small rules like checkin your mirrors every ten seconds, and I have to admit being addicted to using my turn signals.

those are good things and I had many incidents where cop cars would run my plates and then just leave because I dont swerve or anything and Ive learned to not tweek out whenever I see a cop car.

when im just going somewhere - I dont treat my car like shit at all meaning just nomally letting the car shift when it feels like it. but some times (less then once a week) I do redline my car race a few others and last night I did 6 do-nuts in a row on an empty road in a new town being built in antelope - its where everyone races because theres NO cops, and the lights havnt been put in yet so its a ghost town, just keep your lights off and nobody will see you.

Im getting my permit next week so thats progress.

K_Sport Driver
01-19-2006, 07:14 PM
i thought you couldn't drive until you get your permit. even when you follow traffic rules that's supposed to be illegal...

I should've been so lucky to get a 202 for my first car. I had a toyota paseo. the entry level of all entry levels.

rollinrealbig
01-19-2006, 07:19 PM
yup, guess I am spolied!

but im not the only one - my freind has no lisence ... 03' Lexus GS300, other friend - 06' Mazda RX-8, me - soon to have 06' W203 when I get a lisence but I have to give the 202 back so my mom can use that money as a down for another MB, yes she really wanted the SLR (who doesnt ? :rolleyes: ) but I would be really surprised if she can make up her mind and get it.

trymonlam
01-20-2006, 05:23 AM
damn, rollin, i thought u were just young, but i didn't know u were without license. ahh... i remember those days.

rollinrealbig
01-20-2006, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by trymonlam
damn, rollin, i thought u were just young, but i didn't know u were without license. ahh... i remember those days.

ya keep rubbing it in why dont you! :mad:

:D :D :D

Abuimad
01-20-2006, 11:02 PM
man i cant even remember me being without a license...soo long ago...;)

coolin
01-21-2006, 04:38 AM
Driving without a license...yikes...don't hit someone. Insurance companies love it when they don't have to pay a nickle on a million dollar liability claim.