PDA

View Full Version : Haunted 202

rollinrealbig
01-19-2006, 06:54 PM
this is really creepy, for the last 4 nights in a row my 202 automatically turns its interior lights on.

heres the story - everytime I drive it I park it back in the yard at about 6PM approx. I make sure everything is turned off and I dont use interior lights at all so they are always in the off position.

and every night at about 9PM-10PM my interior lights turn on ... and stay on until morning because my ass is tooo lazy to get up and go see wtf my 202 wants from me.

so in the morning before I go to sckool - I go and turn them off, when I get in the car the lights are ON and the button is in the OFF position. Creepy huh ? I turn the switch on and then off and THEN the lights go out. and the weirdest thing is - the battery should be drained shouldnt it ? well it doesnt die - the car fires up in a jiffy ... for 4 nights in a row!

I dont know what its going to do tonight because I pulled out my interior light bulbs. I will see at around 9PM.

is this:

A - electrical problem
B - im losing it.
C - its haunted LMAO but im not kidding!

did anyone ever have this issue ?

NISMOPOWERED
01-19-2006, 08:50 PM
Call the Ghost busters!!

Maybee a realy that's acting up.

stox
01-19-2006, 08:53 PM
My guess, bad door switch. It is losing electrical contact when the temperature gets lower during the evening.

Abuimad
01-19-2006, 10:40 PM
leave it as it is for a week's time..and ull have ur wish, the battery will be drained...
and thats the first time i ever heard of such a problem so good luck fixing it, (would a faulty door switch activate the front lights ???)

trymonlam
01-20-2006, 05:17 AM
this maybe the perfectly good reason to ask your family for a new car.:D

sanf
01-20-2006, 05:51 AM
if u dont want to spent $ or investigate the problem. just take the bulb out.

now.. if it still lights up without the bulb. go with option C " its haunted LMAO but im not kidding! "

rollinrealbig
01-20-2006, 02:37 PM
ok I took out the bulbs last nite, nothing unusual happend.

switches look fine, but its like after 9PM ... I have no clue why.

yea my mom got really creeped out and my dad just pulled off my battery clamp LoL

so its just sitting there right now ...

jnolte
01-20-2006, 03:05 PM
ur dad is a mb mechanic? tell him to fix it lol

rollinrealbig
01-20-2006, 04:20 PM
yea hes a mechanic, but not an electrician.

I dont like going to him for car help because he wont let me do anything to it and just leave it stock which is EWWW.

so I have to find all these things out on my own - he said he wouldnt teach me to drive a manual until I have a lisence but I still managed to learn fast and not burning up the clutch like most teens usually do.