PDA

View Full Version : Rear View Mirror Shorted out (SECURITY LOCKOUT) Help!

Jasonmarosi
01-20-2006, 05:47 PM
Heres the story My 1996 C220 Has been at the Stealership of San Diego for about 6 days now. I broke my only IR key last week and that was after I locked the car. Later that evening I left the house and the Car would not start, it was turning over like when the Theft system is armed, BUT there was no red light flashing to indicate that. My key was dimmly lit constantly I figured the Remote needed batteries so I went to the store to replace them and when I put the new ones in and the Light inside the key would not go off. Mercedes ordered A new key and Said that the old one was in fact malfunctioned. Then the worked on the Rear view mirror problem with no light. They said also it was Shorted out. I dont know yet how much the part is but I have located a rear view mirror out of a c280 1996 and another one from a 97 C-class. So here the question

** Can I Swap mirrors from other cars or are the distinct to the theft system. Such as the Ir sensor that is in the mirror?

Thanks for the help!!! I am about $700 in the hole on this troubleshooting that the Stealership has done I would like to save some money and also drive my car home tomorrow. Thanks again

MY Mirror is not an auto dimming mirror

Jasonmarosi
01-21-2006, 05:55 PM
I found the right mirror and all is well!