PDA

View Full Version : trunk

Devin
01-23-2006, 01:04 PM
i cant seem to open my trunk anymore, my car has been sitting in my garage for about three months i had stored it for the winter, the only thing i should have done was to diconnect the battery. over the weekend i decided to fir it up and go around the block. but the batt. was dead. couldnt open the trunk were the batt. sits
Tried using the key but, cant get the key to go all the way in

there is no other way to get the trunk open. any idea's?

i ended up boosting the car from the alt. and ground to the engine block.

i have tried just about everything.

Devin
95 c36

Pagz
01-23-2006, 01:31 PM
hmmm,i just slide the key out of the remote,stick it in the truck,turn and press...

does your remote key not have a sliding key built into the side?

202rules
01-23-2006, 01:55 PM
I'm guessing it's very cold where you are, right?

Try warming up the key maybe, or use a blow dryer to warm up the lock, maybe there's some ice in there, or maybe when it's just too cold things there get stuck. I know that whenever it's icy here the trunk button gets sort of stuck and you have to nudge it in to get it to move.

Denlasoul
01-23-2006, 02:00 PM
Your key is not supposed to go all the way in. If I remember correctly, you put the key in and turn to the left and push the button.

It's somewhere in your Owner's Manual.

Pagz
01-23-2006, 02:50 PM
Tried using the key but, cant get the key to go all the way in

...yes i need to learn how to read

Devin
01-24-2006, 11:52 AM
i did see some rust when u push on the key hole, ive tried locking and unlocking the the door hoping that the vacum pressure would open the lock.... but i had now luck., i know the lock is not frozen because the car sit in my garage all winter long, i dont know why MB would'nt put in a trunk release switch of some sort.

thanks for the posts

Devin

Denlasoul
01-24-2006, 12:41 PM
I have a trunk release in my car. Maybe they put one in for the later models. :(

JOESID
02-14-2006, 06:11 AM
THESE CARS ARE RETARDED!!! MB:rolleyes:

I disconnected my battery to install my new horns. I closed the trunk because I didn't think it would matter. :confused:

It turns out the key lock on the actual trunk is electronic and will not work with no power. I had to unbolt my back seats and crawl in to reattach the battery!!!!

Keep in mind.
If you disconnect the battery, DO NO close your trunk!!!!

I thought my lock might have been broken, so after I got the car back to normal I stuck the key in and the trunk popped right open.

Denlasoul
02-14-2006, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by JOESID

I disconnected my battery to install my new horns. I closed the trunk because I didn't think it would matter. :confused:

It turns out the key lock on the actual trunk is electronic and will not work with no power. I had to unbolt my back seats and crawl in to reattach the battery!!!!

Keep in mind.

I thought my lock might have been broken, so after I got the car back to normal I stuck the key in and the trunk popped right open.

That's not true. I've closed my trunk after disconneting the battery and freaked out. After reading my manual, I just put in my key and opened it up.

jnolte
02-14-2006, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by JOESID

Keep in mind.

is the car retarded, or are you?

what is a key used for?

JOESID
02-14-2006, 11:10 AM
I'm only in HS what do you expect.:(

K_Sport Driver
02-14-2006, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by jnolte
is the car retarded, or are you?

what is a key used for?
lmao