PDA

View Full Version : supercharger toasted!!!

SLAMMED_C
01-23-2006, 03:32 PM
Well my supercharger no longer works.. Ive noticed the past couple weeks that my supercharger intermittantly would not engage the clutch.. I could audibly hear the clutch trying to click to engage the supercharger.. but every so often it would fail and NO power!! When this happens there is too much of an air gap in between the the pulley and clucth magent.
so I figured a replacement clucth would be easily done.. but this morning on the way to work it just fried!!.. I could smell electrical burning smell. now I believe my clutch is completely toasted.. so I will either need a new clutch ($500), or a new charger assembly with clutch(~$1800).
an other option is to have a custom pulley machined(~$1-200).. or the easiest and cheapest of them all... weld the clutch together!!!
Im going to remove my supercharger tomorrow night and see if I can weld it together.
Im in the midst of deciding what to do to my engine (swap it out, have internal work done, upgrade supercharger) so for now.. I really dont want to spend money on a new charger or clutch.. so a welding I will go!!
I will post up tomorrow and let you all know how things went!

Pagz
01-23-2006, 03:37 PM
Damn...so it was the coil!!!...well if you need a new coil and pully you can have mine,its off the SC at the moment i could find out how much it will cost to ship....just let me know...but going for a lighter fixed pully could be the way to go...sounds expensive though,especially if they have to custom make it fit the spline on the SC shaft...

do you think due to the larger pullys and thus faster ingaugment,the clutch got a hard time?
I was thinking...maybe it was slipping for some time...and the coil over heated from it?...hmm but then you would see boost drop on your gauge...

Pagz
01-23-2006, 03:40 PM
LOL i just made a sig....looks alittle boring though hmmm
i need a better photo editor

benzaddict
01-23-2006, 04:27 PM
Not to threadjack, but 23k your car is really nice. I just went to your site and I'm impressed, lots of very nice work done! Congtrats...

Pagz
01-23-2006, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by benzaddict
Not to threadjack, but 23k your car is really nice. I just went to your site and I'm impressed, lots of very nice work done! Congtrats...

hey thanks;)
ps im sure slammed wont mind:D

alboogiee
01-23-2006, 07:22 PM
good luck with the welding slammed_c!! if all else fails, buy a front clip to a e55 and mmmm engine swap the c230k... that would be a first :D if at all possible!

hey... when did you become a moderator?

trymonlam
01-23-2006, 09:03 PM
sad... slammed, i really liked your ride. but with u being the owner, i am sure it will come back to life better than before! good luck!

as to 23k, nice pic. however, IMHO the lines of the front bumper doesn't quite flow with the rest of the car. would u consider using a set of amg side skirts? it's the simple ones without the ripples. it's got a low-reaching edge that may just fit your car.

just my 2 cents.

Pagz
01-23-2006, 09:15 PM
yip..have been considering C36 sides or maybe wald etc for along time now...
i really want one that flows onto the defined lower sides of the bumper...
will upgrade as money allows,damn turbo project is stangling the bank...thanks for the comments;)

K_Sport Driver
01-24-2006, 09:00 AM
damn, dude. do you have any idea how or why this happened? I guess this gives you a chance to do a V8 swap now :D

benzonline
01-24-2006, 09:15 AM
Maybe it was being pushed too much? I barely push mine...will this mean it could last longer?

SLAMMED_C
01-24-2006, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by 23K
Damn...so it was the coil!!!...well if you need a new coil and pully you can have mine,its off the SC at the moment i could find out how much it will cost to ship....just let me know...but going for a lighter fixed pully could be the way to go...sounds expensive though,especially if they have to custom make it fit the spline on the SC shaft...

do you think due to the larger pullys and thus faster ingaugment,the clutch got a hard time?
I was thinking...maybe it was slipping for some time...and the coil over heated from it?...hmm but then you would see boost drop on your gauge...
thanks for the offer man.. I may take you up on that depending on how it goes tonight!!
this is a problem on the M111 kompressor engines.. lots of failed clutch/coils in the past. I dont think it has to do with driving styles (although i do push my car hard) maybe has some to do with the fact Im straining my Kompressor more with the faster spinning from the pulley kit.. but I think its just been happening over time.. and finally the clutch gave out.

I know.. this really gives me the chance to get an E55 engine in my car.. believe me I WANT to do that!... as soon as I can find a complete, but written off E55.. I will do the conversion from C230K to C55!!.. and add a lil power adder to the E55 engine in the form of 2 turbo's!

I will let everyone know how it goes.. keep your fingers crossed!!.. only 2 and a half hours till I rip out the charger and weld er up!.

benzonline
01-24-2006, 11:27 AM
Slammed...that would be amazing! I would really want to go in that car for a ride on the next toronto meet!:D

K_Sport Driver
01-24-2006, 12:08 PM
good god. C55TT. you'd have trouble putting that power to the ground. ASR my ass.

trymonlam
01-24-2006, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by K_Sport Driver
good god. C55TT. you'd have trouble putting that power to the ground. ASR my ass.
exactly.

SLAMMED_C
01-24-2006, 05:14 PM
Okay.. well that was a waste of time!!.. welding did nothing ata ll.. plus on my drive home I heard one of the welds come flying off!!... and when I checked the clust when I got home.. no weld son it any more what so ever!! those welds were on there pretty good too.
so either custom machined pulley.. OR...

23k.. can I buy your clutch off you man?
Im gonna need it!

well so far the C55TT is just a small dream of mine!.. I need to find an E55 donor car first.. then I will make it all happen.

jnolte
01-24-2006, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by SLAMMED_C
Okay.. well that was a waste of time!!.. welding did nothing ata ll.. plus on my drive home I heard one of the welds come flying off!!... and when I checked the clust when I got home.. no weld son it any more what so ever!! those welds were on there pretty good too.

Im gonna need it!

well so far the C55TT is just a small dream of mine!.. I need to find an E55 donor car first.. then I will make it all happen.

jnenad has a e55 motor and tranny for 10k

Pagz
01-24-2006, 05:49 PM

Im gonna need it!

hey no worries you can have for nothing,i'll find out a price for shipping tonight!hopfully it will be quite cheap to ship just the pully and coil...
found out those kits cost over 600NZD hear...damn there expensive...

LOL who did your welding??:D

SLAMMED_C
01-24-2006, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by jnolte
jnenad has a e55 motor and tranny for 10k
I need more then just the motor and trans!! I have a huge list of parts I will need. I really need an entire car.

SLAMMED_C
01-24-2006, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by 23K
hey no worries you can have for nothing,i'll find out a price for shipping tonight!hopfully it will be quite cheap to ship just the pully and coil...
found out those kits cost over 600NZD hear...damn there expensive...

LOL who did your welding??:D
Thats awesome man.. thank you very much. giv eme a holla when you find out shipping prices.
the lcutch/coil kit costs $600NZD?!!.. well it cost over $500 CAN here!

I did the welding!!

Pagz
01-25-2006, 10:34 AM
no worries man,hey I got a price...it will cost $49NZD($38CAN) to ship air mail 4 -10 working days...i think also when it clears your customs they might charge you tax on it also!?!?!,but im not sure...so maybe another $10 or somthing...anyhow it will work out alot cheaper than a new or second hand one thats for sure!
anyhow let me know soon as and i'll send it!,can sort payment out later via paypay or somthing.

Paul

SLAMMED_C
01-25-2006, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by 23K
no worries man,hey I got a price...it will cost $49NZD($38CAN) to ship air mail 4 -10 working days...i think also when it clears your customs they might charge you tax on it also!?!?!,but im not sure...so maybe another $10 or somthing...anyhow it will work out alot cheaper than a new or second hand one thats for sure!
anyhow let me know soon as and i'll send it!,can sort payment out later via paypay or somthing.

Paul
Thats awesome man..but I wont need the clutch off you any more..
I have some bad news!.. I need a clutch like today!! on the way home tonight my clutch seized and blew apart.. shreding my belt.
so I drove about 20km with no alternator!..
I removed my supercharger from my car as soon as I got home.. here is what the damage looks like...
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/266000-266999/266992_378.jpg http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/266000-266999/266992_379_full.jpg

let this be a lesson to everyone else.. if you have an M111 Kompressor motor.. and the SC clutch is making noise.. or acting up so there is no clucth ativated at times.. have it looked at asap.
I hope I can get a clutch tomorrow.. I have my fingers crossed!.. such perfect timing too.. its me and my girlfriends anniversary.. I hope I can get the part.. and I will take a half day off work so i can put the clutch in.. and HOPEFULLY see my girlfriend.
Man this sucks.. Im so pissed!......

trymonlam
01-25-2006, 06:57 PM
that sucks.
i know what u mean, man. cheer up. all will be better after tomorrow.

Pagz
01-25-2006, 07:09 PM
LOL looks like it took the center out of the friction disc!!!,welds look like they were on there pretty well too!!...
are you going to get a second hand or new one?
let us know how you get on...

i see your predicament...no car.....no see gurl...and we all know what happens on anniversary night;););)

well if you end up need'n it let me know man!...

SLAMMED_C
01-25-2006, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by 23K
LOL looks like it took the center out of the friction disc!!!,welds look like they were on there pretty well too!!...
are you going to get a second hand or new one?
let us know how you get on...

i see your predicament...no car.....no see gurl...and we all know what happens on anniversary night;););)

well if you end up need'n it let me know man!...
Yeh it certainly did take out the centre of the friction disc. lol.. oh the welds were on there good!!.. thats about the only thing thats still actually there!!
Im going to buy a new one.. as much as I dont want to Im kinda in a predicament where I either buy a new one and hopefully have my car up and running again.. or I wait and dont go out or see my girlfriend at all!... and I really dont want that.

Pagz
01-25-2006, 08:24 PM
or I wait and dont go out or see my girlfriend at all!... and I really dont want that.

you can tell her you just spent a cool 500 to make sure you see her!;)she will be pleased!...hope you didnt go to expensive with the anniversary present!:D

SLAMMED_C
01-26-2006, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by 23K
you can tell her you just spent a cool 500 to make sure you see her!;)she will be pleased!...hope you didnt go to expensive with the anniversary present!:D
lol.. yeh I can do that!!.....
Paul, I ahve a huge favour to ask you man.. when I removed my clutch form my supercharger when it let go it ended up destroying the nose cone of the supercharger where the circlip goes to hold the pulley in place.. Ill post up a pic later.. Im at work right now.. FREAKING OUT!!! but are you willing to send me your front cover of your supercharger?.. and send it the to me the fastest service they offer!! over night or couple day service.
PLEASE.. please.. pweeety please?!!
Ill owe you a huge favour man.
let me know if ya can.. and Ill send you my address....

Pagz
01-26-2006, 11:57 AM
lol.. yeh I can do that!!.....
Paul, I ahve a huge favour to ask you man.. when I removed my clutch form my supercharger when it let go it ended up destroying the nose cone of the supercharger where the circlip goes to hold the pulley in place.. Ill post up a pic later.. Im at work right now.. FREAKING OUT!!! but are you willing to send me your front cover of your supercharger?.. and send it the to me the fastest service they offer!! over night or couple day service.
PLEASE.. please.. pweeety please?!!
Ill owe you a huge favour man.
let me know if ya can.. and Ill send you my address....

LOL oh no damn things are sounding expensive now!!!
if its damaged where the Circlip goes you must be after the drive shaft that connects to the gears?....if so it is also pressed onto the SC lobes...and mine are damaged.
is there any way you can get the pully spinning on the SC and run without boost for a while?,you would need to pull the plug on your bypass for it to work.
get us a pic man!
from what you said its sounding like a new SC on the horizon lol

priority Mail through Fedex might be around 150CAD and two-three day delivery.

K_Sport Driver
01-26-2006, 12:32 PM
the more and more i read this, the more it looks like you're headed towards a motor swap lol. sorry to hear so many things are going downhill, man!

SLAMMED_C
01-26-2006, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by 23K
LOL oh no damn things are sounding expensive now!!!
if its damaged where the Circlip goes you must be after the drive shaft that connects to the gears?....if so it is also pressed onto the SC lobes...and mine are damaged.
is there any way you can get the pully spinning on the SC and run without boost for a while?,you would need to pull the plug on your bypass for it to work.
get us a pic man!
from what you said its sounding like a new SC on the horizon lol

priority Mail through Fedex might be around 150CAD and two-three day delivery.
I know.. this is definetly sounding expensive!!...
no its not the drive chaft that connects the gears.. its actually part of the housing.. the front cover of the supercharger.. Ill post up some pics later tonight.
but as it is right now.. the new clutch wont go onto the supercharger since the part of the nose cone is missing!... well at least I think thats all thats broken!
lol.. trust me man.. $150 for priority shipping from NZ is hella cheaper then buing a new charger from the dealer!!
Ill post up some pics when I can.

SLAMMED_C
01-26-2006, 01:54 PM
the more and more i read this, the more it looks like you're headed towards a motor swap lol. sorry to hear so many things are going downhill, man!
If only I could find a wreked E55!!.. and trust me I would do it!...
thanks man.. all will be fixed soon.

Pagz
01-26-2006, 02:32 PM
I know.. this is definetly sounding expensive!!...
no its not the drive chaft that connects the gears.. its actually part of the housing.. the front cover of the supercharger.. Ill post up some pics later tonight.
but as it is right now.. the new clutch wont go onto the supercharger since the part of the nose cone is missing!... well at least I think thats all thats broken!
lol.. trust me man.. $150 for priority shipping from NZ is hella cheaper then buing a new charger from the dealer!!
Ill post up some pics when I can.

ahh,i think i know what part your after...Its the 12V coil iv posted below???...its held on with four star shape screws...
if so are you still after the front clutch disc as well?
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/735000-735999/735658_138_full.jpg

Pagz
01-26-2006, 02:46 PM
Heres the kit i was planning to send...
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/735000-735999/735658_139_full.jpg

Pagz
01-26-2006, 03:15 PM
Ok,I just got a price from NZpost,they said the fastest thay could send it would be 2-4 working days via airmail,it would cost exactly 100NZD(78CAD),as it is friday here it wont be shipped out until monday so it will be mid next week before you recieve it...

the other option is Fedex...which will be sent today,and the guy told me would be delivered to you on monday(your monday i think)as long as there is no customs delays...which will cost 220NZD(171CAD).

Both prices will be slightly cheaper if i dont send the whole kit.

if you really need the car going before i can get these parts to you i would take the 12V coil out,then slide on the pully with circlip,then disconnect the VDO bypass wires and run N/A...just dont push the engine RPM to high...
though i just realised your bypass is in the engine bay...I guess it would work fine as long as ambiant temps were cool...

Pagz
01-26-2006, 06:02 PM
LOL ok i think iv got it.... once i got home and had a look at the SC iv now decided this must be what your after?:D
i guess also that if this is damaged you wont be able to run the N/A system i mentioned above...
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/735000-735999/735658_140_full.jpg

it would most likely be alot cheaper to ship given its so lite!

SLAMMED_C
01-26-2006, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by 23K
LOL ok i think iv got it.... once i got home and had a look at the SC iv now decided this must be what your after?:D
i guess also that if this is damaged you wont be able to run the N/A system i mentioned above...
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/735000-735999/735658_140_full.jpg

it would most likely be alot cheaper to ship given its so lite!
YES.. this is the piece I need...
send it to me the fastest way possible!!.. I need it asap!
if you dont mind parting with it that is..
youre a life saver man..
Ill post pics up of what happened to my SC.. just give me a sec....

Pagz
01-26-2006, 08:27 PM
YES.. this is the piece I need...
send it to me the fastest way possible!!.. I need it asap!
if you dont mind parting with it that is..
youre a life saver man..
Ill post pics up of what happened to my SC.. just give me a sec....

Yip,i will ship it out tommorrow morning,as its currently 1823 friday here!.Are you just after the cast part on its own?
do you want to go with fedex?,or would you like to pay less but wait another day or so?...

PM me your address on the club if you like!

SLAMMED_C
01-26-2006, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by 23K
Yip,i will ship it out tommorrow morning,as its currently 1823 friday here!.Are you just after the cast part on it own?
do you want to go with fedex?,or would you like to pay less but wait another day or so?...
Yeh man.. thats the only part I need.. the SC front cover.... mine looks like this....
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/266000-266999/266992_380_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/266000-266999/266992_381_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/266000-266999/266992_382_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/266000-266999/266992_383_full.jpg

Ship it fed ex.. the fastest way possible man.. I dont mind paying the extra.. Ill PM you my address..

Pagz
01-26-2006, 08:37 PM
LOL it did get a hard time!,yip will ship it ASAP.

SLAMMED_C
01-26-2006, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by 23K
LOL it did get a hard time!,yip will ship it ASAP.
lol.. no kidding huh!!
you have a PM!....

Pagz
01-26-2006, 08:48 PM
lol.. no kidding huh!!
you have a PM!....

im not sure how it did that much damage!...the centre of the clutch part must have slid down the spline and munched it!!...

SLAMMED_C
01-26-2006, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by 23K
im not sure how it did that much damage!...the centre of the clutch part must have slid down the spline and munched it!!...
I know.. I dont even know how it would do that much damage!!... I will take more pics of all the destoyed pieces when I have a chance tomorrow.
when I was driving home.. it got really really loud with grinding noises and such.. then all of a sudden it went dead silent!! I knew something had gone wrong at that point!.. then I heard the clutch fly apart and the belt broke off.. then my battery light on my dash came on!

Pagz
01-26-2006, 08:59 PM
MB should consider us and put a small symbol of an exploding SC in there cluster:D:D:D

so i guess you need a new belt too!!,if so i would have chucked mine in box but its alittle old!

SLAMMED_C
01-26-2006, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by 23K
MB should consider us and put a small symbol of an exploding SC in there cluster:D:D:D
LMAO.. stupid mercedes not considering us!!!

well bed time for me man.. thanks again for the part.. you are a life saver.
I will let you know when I get it.... hopefully monday! :)

Pagz
01-26-2006, 09:06 PM
LMAO.. stupid mercedes not considering us!!!

well bed time for me man.. thanks again for the part.. you are a life saver.
I will let you know when I get it.... hopefully monday! :)

all good!,the part maybe there tuesday as i hoped to ship today when i asked the fedex guy...but fingers crossed it gets there monday!...Goodnight!

Pagz
01-26-2006, 09:18 PM
hey i was just think'n...any steel metal parts that broke off would have been pulled into the centre of the SC clutch due to the magnetic coil being on...thus munching everything!...well thats my thoery anyhow:)

01-27-2006, 12:12 AM
Hey Paul you are really a life saver and a good friend for all of us.

I hope Slammed C will solve as soon the problem!;)

This is a great forum!!:D

Marco:)

K_Sport Driver
01-27-2006, 05:46 AM
looks like a moose just reached in and grabbed a bite. you have those in canada, right? :D

23k, you pretty much rock. I don't know any of my friends who would just drop a part in the mail as soon as they could.

hvmercy
01-27-2006, 10:53 AM
In my book you're alright!!!

Keep on rockin man.

Oh and SLAMMED_C sorry to hear bout your
mishap but hopefully you'll be able to fix your S/C with
23K's help.

Good luck.

Pagz
01-27-2006, 01:39 PM
Hey thanks for the support guys!...its great just to be able to help out!.

it has been an interesting morning,but we'll start with some "off topic" from last night just after i mowed the lawn,i went back to pull out some weeds and kicked a rock in the garden....(no laughing at my feet,they dont see the sun much lol:D)
although this doesnt look to bad...i took pain killers last night to help sleep!...walking and driving is also a BIG problem...im not sure if there broken...i cant move them so its not to good LOL..

Anyhow i rang fedex this morning...they said they would provide the box at no extra charge,so off i went to the airport,arrived at fedex...turns out they give the box...but not the soft packaging!,Damn i didnt bring my ID to get into my work at the airport...so went back home to get...when i got to work...i found out someone had locked the packing room...and as usual nobody
knew the number.....after packing and 80kms of driving i finally got back to fedex before they closed at 11
it turns out that if i had have known which part 2 hours earlier yesturday(friday) you would have had it on your door step monday....
but as its a public holiday here on monday it will be shipped tuesday and will need to be signed buy someone at your house on your wednesday...sorry its the fastest it can get there!,hope it doesnt cause to much hassel(even though i guess it will)
so next time i send you stuff i will know it inside out:):)
it worked out being quit cheap...I'll PM you cost etc

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/735000-735999/735658_141_full.jpg

Paul

Abuimad
01-27-2006, 05:10 PM
its not often that people take pics of there feet and post them lol :D :D (i guess its not often people get out of there way to help people they never met... nice going 23K and good luck slammed C)

SLAMMED_C
01-27-2006, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by 23K
Hey thanks for the support guys!...its great just to be able to help out!.

it has been an interesting morning,but we'll start with some "off topic" from last night just after i mowed the lawn,i went back to pull out some weeds and kicked a rock in the garden....(no laughing at my feet,they dont see the sun much lol:D)
although this doesnt look to bad...i took pain killers last night to help sleep!...walking and driving is also a BIG problem...im not sure if there broken...i cant move them so its not to good LOL..

Anyhow i rang fedex this morning...they said they would provide the box at no extra charge,so off i went to the airport,arrived at fedex...turns out they give the box...but not the soft packaging!,Damn i didnt bring my ID to get into my work at the airport...so went back home to get...when i got to work...i found out someone had locked the packing room...and as usual nobody
knew the number.....after packing and 80kms of driving i finally got back to fedex before they closed at 11
it turns out that if i had have known which part 2 hours earlier yesturday(friday) you would have had it on your door step monday....
but as its a public holiday here on monday it will be shipped tuesday and will need to be signed buy someone at your house on your wednesday...sorry its the fastest it can get there!,hope it doesnt cause to much hassel(even though i guess it will)
so next time i send you stuff i will know it inside out:):)
it worked out being quit cheap...I'll PM you cost etc

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/735000-735999/735658_141_full.jpg

Paul

For sure.. Paul you a great friend.
its nice to know there are people put there that would do anything for ya if they can.
ya ever need anything let me know bro.

Man that sucks about your foot!.. I hope you got it checked out. looks kinda sore!
thank you for all your troubles man.. it means a lot to me.
I cant believe all the trouble you had to go through to get the part shipped!
thats okay if it gets to me by wednesday.. I actually have the day off.. so it works out kinda!
Im going to a concert with my girlfriend later that night.. We were going to spend the whole daytogether. We still can as long as it gets delivered early!! but even still I will have to fix my car before I can do anything.. I dont want to borrow my gf's car for too much longer!
so hopefully it will be delivered wednesday.. I can go to work, fix my supercharger.. come back home and install my SC in my can.. be driving by either late morning.. or early afternoon.
man it sucks not having my own car!! I love my W202!

Pagz
01-27-2006, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Abuimad
its not often that people take pics of there feet and post them lol :D :D

hey thanks....LOL yeh i was alittle random this morning:D...

Pagz
01-27-2006, 05:59 PM
For sure.. Paul you a great friend.
its nice to know there are people put there that would do anything for ya if they can.
ya ever need anything let me know bro.

Man that sucks about your foot!.. I hope you got it checked out. looks kinda sore!
thank you for all your troubles man.. it means a lot to me.
I cant believe all the trouble you had to go through to get the part shipped!
thats okay if it gets to me by wednesday.. I actually have the day off.. so it works out kinda!
Im going to a concert with my girlfriend later that night.. We were going to spend the whole daytogether. We still can as long as it gets delivered early!! but even still I will have to fix my car before I can do anything.. I dont want to borrow my gf's car for too much longer!
so hopefully it will be delivered wednesday.. I can go to work, fix my supercharger.. come back home and install my SC in my can.. be driving by either late morning.. or early afternoon.

hey no worries at all mang!!...it was no trouble really...it was just one of those mornings where nothing goes smoothly( lol i have them more often than not)...
every time iv had fedex parcels turn up its usually around 9-9.30 in the morning...so you should be ok!
sounds like wednesday's gonna be tight,hope it goes well!!
let us no how it goes...and also be weary of that seal around the shaft when you take your cover off/put new one on

Pagz
01-27-2006, 06:11 PM

anything to keep the 202 rolling man!!!...
wish i had mine back!!...its still in the fabrication shop(2 weeks now)...the guy doing it has been off sick....so hopfully by next weekend i should have some nice pics of the new exhaust manifold!!!,im way excited!:):)

SLAMMED_C
01-27-2006, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by 23K
hey no worries at all mang!!...it was no trouble really...it was just one of those mornings where nothing goes smoothly( lol i have them more often than not)...
every time iv had fedex parcels turn up its usually around 9-9.30 in the morning...so you should be ok!
sounds like wednesday's gonna be tight,hope it goes well!!
let us no how it goes...and also be weary of that seal around the shaft when you take your cover off/put new one on
it still sounds like a lot of trouble man.. yeh Im sure we all have mornings like them!!
well that sounds good.. that gives me enough time to get to work.. put my supercharger together.. and get back home and install it.. so I can hope to be done for later morning.. or really early afternoon. should work out great.
I will let everyone know how things go.
does the dealer sell that seal seperatly?
I will have to check on monday.
Im also getting new supercharger oil too.. can you bellieve the stuff costs $62 a bottle!!!

SLAMMED_C
01-27-2006, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by 23K
anything to keep the 202 rolling man!!!...
wish i had mine back!!...its still in the fabrication shop(2 weeks now)...the guy doing it has been off sick....so hopfully by next weekend i should have some nice pics of the new exhaust manifold!!!,im way excited!:):)
thanks! :) gotta keep the W202 rollin deep!
SKEET SKEET!!.. nice mang.. get some pics! gotta see pics of that manifold.. so when ya get the manifold how long do ya think it will be until you get the car on the road again?.. how much is left to do?

Pagz
01-27-2006, 06:20 PM
it still sounds like a lot of trouble man.. yeh Im sure we all have mornings like them!!
well that sounds good.. that gives me enough time to get to work.. put my supercharger together.. and get back home and install it.. so I can hope to be done for later morning.. or really early afternoon. should work out great.
I will let everyone know how things go.
does the dealer sell that seal seperatly?
I will have to check on monday.
Im also getting new supercharger oil too.. can you bellieve the stuff costs $62 a bottle!!!

$62...really!!!.....well i guess it doesnt get replaced very often so its low stock high price?...
i just tipped mine into a cup and reused it last time..man that stuff smells!!!
im not sure if the seal is sold seperately,the one i sent you seems to be in good condition,it never leaked(and i have removed it once before)
you will most likely need gasket silicon to seal the cover up again too!...

Pagz
01-27-2006, 06:26 PM
thanks! :) gotta keep the W202 rollin deep!
SKEET SKEET!!.. nice mang.. get some pics! gotta see pics of that manifold.. so when ya get the manifold how long do ya think it will be until you get the car on the road again?.. how much is left to do?

yeh will definatly have to do a big write up on the project when complete!...
the project has gone waaay over budget,more so than i ever imagined!!so maybe another month or so(its been a month or so for the last 6 lol) until some results start to show...theres still intake and water/oil lines plus ceramic coating and exhaust wrap and a hole heap of small critical stuff...then dyno!.

SLAMMED_C
01-27-2006, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by 23K
$62...really!!!.....well i guess it doesnt get replaced very often so its low stock high price?...
i just tipped mine into a cup and reused it last time..man that stuff smells!!!
im not sure if the seal is sold seperately,the one i sent you seems to be in good condition,it never leaked(and i have removed it once before)
you will most likely need gasket silicon to seal the cover up again too!...
yeh.. I asnt too suprised when I was told the price though.. it seems any special oils are expensive!!.. I guess low demand.. high price.
generally no one is going to replace the Kompressor oil in their supercharger... well except someone like me!!
Ive saved mine so far.. and yes it does smell .. damn does it ever!
but I might as well splurge for the new oil while I have it apart.
yeh I should probably seal the front cover.. I have some good sealant for that.

lol.. its gone way over budget huh!!.. like WAAAAAY more over budget.. or just a lil bit!?
I should hope you will do a big write up on the whole install!!
cant wait to see what it all looks like!..
yeh.. gonna need dyno fo sho!

Pagz
01-27-2006, 07:58 PM

lol.. its gone way over budget huh!!.. like WAAAAAY more over budget.. or just a lil bit!?
I should hope you will do a big write up on the whole install!!
cant wait to see what it all looks like!..
yeh.. gonna need dyno fo sho!

well...the scope of the project was to install defi gear,N/A system and complete turbo system including electronic boost control...
to date it has cost 5900,i was planning on 7K...looks like it will exceed 10K easily LOL as the manifold and new exhaust is set to top 3K easily....it always happens...i just dont learn:D

K_Sport Driver
01-27-2006, 09:27 PM
oh man, i know about toe problems. In august, right before soccer season, I sprained my left big toe by stepping sideways on a rug and twisting the toe almost straight sideays. It hurt like a bitch, but i still played on it, thus, it never healed, and i've developed Metatarsalitis. It used to hurt when i just stepped off of the foot, now it hurts all the time. human bodies need to come with warranties. you have any spare metatarsals you can ship out for <100USD?

Pagz
01-27-2006, 10:40 PM
oh man, i know about toe problems. In august, right before soccer season, I sprained my left big toe by stepping sideways on a rug and twisting the toe almost straight sideays. It hurt like a bitch, but i still played on it, thus, it never healed, and i've developed Metatarsalitis. It used to hurt when i just stepped off of the foot, now it hurts all the time. human bodies need to come with warranties. you have any spare metatarsals you can ship out for <100USD?

sounds sore man,Iv never heard of Metatarsalitis?,i cant pronounce it either lol...
i'll ship my swollen foot and purple toes for free though:D

K_Sport Driver
01-28-2006, 08:29 AM
I'd never heard about it until the nurse practitioner told me i had it. i thought she was stuttering when she said it. hurts like a bitch, but probably doesn't throb as much as your tootsies. i've got a swollen toe, so i'll pass on your offer :D

SLAMMED_C
01-29-2006, 06:06 PM
Well here is the carnage in full detail!!.....

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/266000-266999/266992_400_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/266000-266999/266992_401_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/266000-266999/266992_402_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/266000-266999/266992_403_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/266000-266999/266992_380_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/266000-266999/266992_381_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/266000-266999/266992_399_full.jpg

Here is a comparison to the old clutch and new clutch...
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/266000-266999/266992_387_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/266000-266999/266992_388_full.jpg

The old and new friction plate....
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/266000-266999/266992_389_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/266000-266999/266992_390_full.jpg

The old and new coil...
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/266000-266999/266992_391_full.jpg http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/266000-266999/266992_392_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/266000-266999/266992_395_full.jpg

Part Numbers:
-Clutch assembly (with coil and friction plate): A111 097 01 28
-Supercharger oil: 000 989 62 01

K_Sport Driver
01-29-2006, 07:31 PM
and you still have no idea what caused this annihilation? those new parts look nice and shiney, what ended up being the final tab on all the replacement parts?

sidenote: while practicing for indoor soccer, i took a hard shot off my right big toe (i'm a goalkeeper) and jammed it. i now have no functioning big toes. donations welcome.

Pagz
01-29-2006, 08:05 PM
lol damn:D...very messy...
there was alot off friction....things got very hot!...
do you think the bearing may have been the intial cause due to the pully kit speed???

it looks like the bearing started to seiz/run dry and the inner race spun on the housing...causing all to melt:cool:

01-30-2006, 01:17 AM
Paul my best wishes for your fingers!:(
Take care:)

Marco

SLAMMED_C
01-30-2006, 08:49 AM
and you still have no idea what caused this annihilation? those new parts look nice and shiney, what ended up being the final tab on all the replacement parts?

sidenote: while practicing for indoor soccer, i took a hard shot off my right big toe (i'm a goalkeeper) and jammed it. i now have no functioning big toes. donations welcome.
Oh I know what caused it!!.. there was too much play in the clutch.. eventually overheated and seized.. blowing it apart!
well I think Im looking at under $500 to fix it all... without 23K's help I would have had to buy a whole new supercharger.. that alone is like $2000!!

SLAMMED_C
01-30-2006, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by 23K
lol damn:D...very messy...
there was alot off friction....things got very hot!...
do you think the bearing may have been the intial cause due to the pully kit speed???

it looks like the bearing started to seiz/run dry and the inner race spun on the housing...causing all to melt:cool:
Oh there was lots of friction!!!! LOTS!
for sure it was either the clutch itself.. or coil that overheated and ended up melting.. propbalby jamming things up and causing things to seize up.
man Im so pissed!!.. fex ex tried to deliver this morning!! but I missed it. I was in the shower.. I wasnt expecting for it to be delivered today!!
DAMMIT!.... but I will have it for tomorrow I guess...

Pagz
01-30-2006, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by 1998K
Paul my best wishes for your fingers!:(
Take care:)

Marco

hey thanks marco;)...it was my toes:D

Pagz
01-30-2006, 09:38 AM
Oh there was lots of friction!!!! LOTS!
for sure it was either the clutch itself.. or coil that overheated and ended up melting.. propbalby jamming things up and causing things to seize up.
man Im so pissed!!.. fex ex tried to deliver this morning!! but I missed it. I was in the shower.. I wasnt expecting for it to be delivered today!!
DAMMIT!.... but I will have it for tomorrow I guess...

haaha im sure they wait until they hear the water running...iv missed fedex twice from being in the shower:D

damn that was quik!!!...if you call your local fedex branch they will tell you where you can pick it up,just take that "attempted delivery" card and some ID...

Pagz
01-30-2006, 09:42 AM

hmmm time to take a break from soccer before you loose hand funtion:D

SLAMMED_C
01-30-2006, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by 23K
haaha im sure they wait until they hear the water running...iv missed fedex twice from being in the shower:D

damn that was quik!!!...if you call your local fedex branch they will tell you where you can pick it up,just take that "attempted delivery" card and some ID...
lol.. they must wait till they hear water running!...
I signed the card.. so they will leave it at my house tomorrow.
I know.. that was really quick!!.. I wasnt expecting it till like tuesday.. or wednesday!
it got here quick!

benzonline
01-31-2006, 08:27 AM
Glad to see everything is working out!

How do or would I know if my clutch is loose on my C230K?

K_Sport Driver
01-31-2006, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by benzonline
Glad to see everything is working out!

How do or would I know if my clutch is loose on my C230K?
wondering the same thing, but i'd think that if he knew, he wouldn't have let it get to this point! probably just something you can't tell until it's too late.

Pagz
01-31-2006, 10:42 AM
If your clutch was on the way out there should be some indications...be it smell,sound and in slammedC case...sight:D
i think he indicated if you notice anything odd about the SC sound or engagment have it check immediatly!(as i only had one SC cover;))lol

Pagz
01-31-2006, 05:37 PM
hey Ross,didnt see you on the forums this avo....guess that means your installing!!...notice the huge box they made me use lol it was the smallest they had that would fit!

SLAMMED_C
01-31-2006, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by 23K
hey Ross,didnt see you on the forums this avo....guess that means your installing!!...notice the huge box they made me use lol it was the smallest they had that would fit!
Hey Paul.. I got it!!!.. I will post pics up shortly of the new cover!.. thanks again man.. I owe ya one.
yeh it is a huge box for such a small part!!
as long as it got to me undamaged!!.. it was well packed too!!
no.. Im not isnatlling yet.. I will be installing wednesday morning.. have to go into work and put the supercharger and clutch together.. then come back home and put my supercharger back into my car!.. hopefully things will go smoothly.

as for signs of a faulty clutch.. the 2 easiest ways to figure something is wrong is by smell and sound..
at one point I could smell my clutch.. well my coil frying. it literally melted as you could see form the pics I posted earlier. another way is my hearing.. if the clutch engages differently at all.. or in my case intermittantly would not engage.. and could audibly hear it trying to engage.. making many attempts as I was running under N/A.. until the clutch did finally click in and boost started to build!
you will know something is wrong.. I just didnt think things would be this wrong!!

SLAMMED_C
01-31-2006, 08:43 PM
-This is my new front SC cover.. thanks to Paul (23K):
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/266000-266999/266992_413_full.jpg

-Comparison of old (really damaged SC cover) to new SC cover.. this is what it should look like!!:
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/266000-266999/266992_411_full.jpg

-New belt:
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/266000-266999/266992_408_full.jpg

-New SC oil ($62 a bottle.. yes for this small bottle!):
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/266000-266999/266992_409_full.jpg

-Here is a comparison od the old SC oil and the new SC oil..(old on right) colour difference is crazy!!.. the new stuff doesnt smell as bad either!:
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/266000-266999/266992_412_full.jpg

-All the new parts: http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/266000-266999/266992_404_full.jpg

Pagz
01-31-2006, 10:58 PM
NICE!...good to see it got there in good condition!....
hmmm i can see why it was a good idea to change that oil!!...mine was pretty dark also but i didnt realise how much difference there was compared to new!...
awsome stuff man post pics when its all in!!
and thanks again for making it waaay to worthwhile ;)...lol

Paul

02-01-2006, 01:06 AM
wondering if someone have ever changed the SC oil:)

As I know there is not any sort of regular maintenance on SC, at least as Dealer say!

Nice that Slammed C car is repaired!

Paul how is your toe?

Marco

benzonline
02-01-2006, 04:23 AM
Ya is this another one of their "lifetime" oils?

02-01-2006, 04:38 AM
may be, same as per new car (I refer to Volkswagen, Ford, Opel,...) manual gearbox oil or coolant fluid! filled for the whole life of the car:(

SLAMMED_C
02-02-2006, 02:45 PM
Car is back together and running great!! seems to be faster then before.. maybe my clutch was slipping before?.. seems to have more pick up and go now.
thank you again to Paul.. youre a life saver buddy.
yeh I was pretty suprised on how dark the oil is compared to the new stuff!.. but at $62 a bottle for 4 oz's!!.. kinda pricey! the good thing is that the supercharger holds a bit less then 4 oz's.. so the full bottle is more then enough.
I was under the impression that the SC was maintenence free myself.. but maybe the oil should be replaced once and a while! there is a fill plug on the supercharger front cover itself.. but draining it would require removing the supercharger.. or if you had a topsider.. maybe that would work.
but Id say its well worth the effort to remove the SC and remove the front cover.. clean and reseal the cover.. and then put new oil in.
anyway... here are the last of the pics I took the other day.. finished everything by 2pm.. took me about 3 hours from start to finish.. from putting together the SC and to put it back in my car.. longest part was shimming the friction plate.. spec is .25mm - .40mm, I set mine to .27mm gap between the friction plate and clutch. quick engagement of the SC clutch.. very nice!!
heres the pics...

-Empty Engine bay!:
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/266000-266999/266992_425_full.jpg
-Shredded belt:
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/266000-266999/266992_424_full.jpg
-SC front covers:
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/266000-266999/266992_417_full.jpg
-Cover removed from SC:
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/266000-266999/266992_421_full.jpg
-Reasealing front cover:
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/266000-266999/266992_422_full.jpg
-Coil installed:
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/266000-266999/266992_418_full.jpg
-Clutch installed:
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/266000-266999/266992_419_full.jpg
-Friction plate installed:
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/266000-266999/266992_420_full.jpg
-Back in car!:
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/266000-266999/266992_416_full.jpg

Pagz
02-02-2006, 03:10 PM
Awsome to hear its all back in and work'n!!!
i wouldnt be suprised if there wasnt more power due to new oil,bearing,belts etc...
damn the belt has seen its day for sure!!!
thanks again Ross...it was great being able to help out from the other side of the world lol!...I can say the extra cash will definatly be going on the car!!!;)

SLAMMED_C
02-02-2006, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by 23K
Awsome to hear its all back in and work'n!!!
i wouldnt be suprised if there wasnt more power due to new oil,bearing,belts etc...
damn the belt has seen its day for sure!!!
thanks again Ross...it was great being able to help out from the other side of the world lol!...I can say the extra cash will definatly be going on the car!!!;)

She hauls ass now!!.. only due to new parts galore!..
oh no kidding!.. the belt was just messed!
Thank you Paul.. its nice to know there are still people out there that will help someone out.. even if we have never met!
your welcome man.. I know you will put the money to good use!

benzonline
02-03-2006, 04:39 AM
Wow good job!!

Finish it off now with a nice engine bath!:)