PDA

View Full Version : window and seat switch

bosssman
01-26-2006, 01:58 PM
Hi All,

I need to replace my window switch in the center of consloe and my seat switch pn my door, in my 97 C230....Is this something I could do myself (not totally mechanically inclined) or do I need a professional to do it....

Thanks

DRM
01-26-2006, 05:10 PM
Unfortunately the electric window switch in the console is attached to the entire electrical board underneath the wood trim. So to repair this piece you will have to purchase a whole new console section.

I have been looking into this matter as the remote boot release button on my console has been taken off and replaced with a w201 button which does not do anything when you click on it, however when you take it off there are still the electronic buttons and led's under there indicating that it still works, I am guessing I just need to buy the boot release button from somewhere and insert it back into its slot and hopefuly it would work then.

I haven't had any luck with finding the individual button as they do not sell them seperately so I think the only way is to buy the console section with the button included. These cost around $400 US from the dealership and second hand the best I have seen for my options is $80 US I think.

97C28O
01-26-2006, 05:39 PM
Hmm... I had a problem with my center console window switches too. It was this http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c308/knvg/button.jpg
It came loose because a little braket broke and the back windows dont work if I dont push it down.. And my rear passenger side window switch on the DOOR doesnt work... Do I need a new switch?

I know I would need a new window switch console, but they're costly.. I'm gonna pick one up at a junkyard..

bosssman
01-27-2006, 07:40 AM
I found the entire console switches(frt/rear windows, mirrior..etc) at www.autopartsworld.com for $160.00 new..My question is can I replace it myself?

97C28O
01-27-2006, 09:28 AM
I opened mine up few weeks ago and I think its pretty easy to take out but im not sure if you need to change anything else..

You gotta take off the surrounding of the shifter and you gotta pull the center console up and on the back of that window switch there are 2 sliding clip things that hold it in place. Thats all i did, i left the wires on it..