PDA

View Full Version : C280 upgradez

monkeyad12
01-26-2006, 05:16 PM
well this is a first post for me. I've been use'n ideas here and there for my 2000 C280. I've upgraded the stereo system to basically all alpine type r and s systems, w/ the alpine DVD system.

I have upgraded the suspension to eibach and have ordered an eisenmann exhaust kit.

I want to do some upgrades to the engine and was wondering where to start? help is greatly appreciated.

trymonlam
01-26-2006, 06:23 PM
my 2 cents:
if i am in your shoes, i would probably invest a little on security system first since u've put that much stuff in it. this may due to my bad experiences, since my car was broken in and my dvd player and monitors were stolen.:mad:

performance wise, u've already gotten a new exhaust. a chip upgrade, intake, weight loss are all relatively cheap to do. and probably weight loss is the one that u will see most result in.

good luck with all, buddy.

Ashkan's C280
01-26-2006, 07:25 PM
high flow cats, evosport pullie, evoheaders, there are cams, kompressor, engine bore, look into renntech and kleeman, or speedybenz, maybe if you're lucky and have some cash he could build your engine, there are also bilstein sport shocks, H&R sways, poly bushings, speedybenz rear camber arms, and much more... better wheels

www.evosport.com has high flow cats, the pullie, and headers, as well as muffs, there has been nothing but postive remarks from them, and the increase in power is listed on the sites.

renntechs site is www.renntechmercedes.com I believe and they have all the serious engine mods, but if you really have that much money get a c43

I can say that if you are serious about spending a lot of money get a 99-00 c43, better base, and you would waste more money doing it to a c280, but a Ram Air intake really helps, check the site for countless examples, getting high flow cats, res delete, and muff will also gain a fair amount of hp, but I have seen a lack of dynos to prove any set of numbers, ship is also shady but many people say it works, speedybenz stuff is all good, and here is everywhere on the site, but for sure get shocks, because stockies are not meant to be run with lowered springs, I personally like bilstein sport, I think they are great, sway bars would also help a bunch, again speedybenz (jeff) is the man to talk to, I am planning on giving him a call tomorrow, about some products I would like him to sell to me, pretty much if I were you, I would do intake cats, no res, muff, some amg monos, fender rolling, bilstein shocks, poly lower control arm bushings, anything jeff will make for you, just check our sigs for the most info, if you want some serious modding ideas, check neneds sig, that guy is crazy, done some real serious stuff, that good enough renn? Would you like to add something too? or just point out things for me to do again? I am always willing to help out a club202er

EDIT *As time goes on, its harder for me to put more and more money into a c280 when a c43 would just be a better choice, and I figure the prices will drop within this and next year, when the w204's come out, it will be a prime time to get a 2000 c43, I just can't see how the prices are still so inflated, after 6 years, I know I know its an AMG, but still, I think once 204 amg's come out, it will be the time to buy, I also really like ill door sills, just so cool. But as for what I am doing, is buying mods that can be put on my car as well as a c43, that's my suspension is so great, speedybenzs stuff goes on both, so do things like wheels, blinking folding heated convexed e class mirrors, comand, and all that good stuff, if you want to look at a very nice w202 check out c55m8, IMO I think his car is the closest to a perfect 202, , and it all starts with a great car--c43 while a c280 is nice, and I plan on making mine nicer, its a nice beater, hell a very nice beater, but my opinion since you're reading this is, yeah mod the c280, lots of things can be switched for the day when c43s are 16-18k MY 00, there is a really nice "brabus" c43 on autotrader if you guys want to check that out, I like the look a lot, its MY 99 i believe

Renn 208
01-26-2006, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Ashkan's C280
high flow cats, evosport pullie, evoheaders, there are cams, kompressor, engine bore, look into renntech and kleeman, or speedybenz, maybe if you're lucky and have some cash he could build your engine, there are also bilstein sport shocks, H&R sways, poly bushings, speedybenz rear camber arms, and much more... better wheels

Instead of spitting out a laundry list of random terms, perhaps you can be more helpful going forward by just picking one mod, and explaining:

1. Why you think that mod fits their situation

2. How the mod itself works/what is the mod's purpose

3. Where to look for more information on the mod

4. What they can reasonably expect from the mod

5. Things to be aware of both positive and negative about the mod

6. Your personal experience with the mod.

trymonlam
01-26-2006, 08:15 PM
while renn's comment's very constructive, ashkan's reply gave me quite some ideas and got my blood boiling...

omeyhomey
01-27-2006, 12:54 AM
The M104 has a tone of potential, I'm trying to push the M104 to its limits so it should be interesting to see what happens. A good start is a good cold air intake, and free flow exhaust.

c280nz
01-28-2006, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by omeyhomey
The M104 has a tone of potential, I'm trying to push the M104 to its limits so it should be interesting to see what happens. A good start is a good cold air intake, and free flow exhaust.
he doesnt have one of the older m104 engines, his is one of the newer v62.8ltr motors,but your advise amd pointers are still relevant