PDA

View Full Version : windshield wipers

trymonlam
02-02-2006, 08:41 AM
it was raining a mixture of snow and rain the other day. and i noticed that my windshield wiper was behaving a bit odd. it's been a while since it's used.
on the first stroke across, it smudged up the rain. it's the swipe back that got rid of the water. so does this mean that i need to replace my wiper blades? or it's my windshield that's scratched up?

marsbike
02-02-2006, 08:54 AM
curious about this too...mine has been developing a few "hops" and one of them is directly in front of my face...just a place that NEVER gets cleared at all...quite annoying...not to threadjack, but, do I need to lube my wiper assembly?

trymonlam
02-02-2006, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by marsbike
curious about this too...mine has been developing a few "hops" and one of them is directly in front of my face...just a place that NEVER gets cleared at all...quite annoying...not to threadjack, but, do I need to lube my wiper assembly?
just do a search on "wiper" and u should be able to find plenty of info. i remember that one of the threads is exactly about this problem u have. go take a look and good luck.

jnolte
02-02-2006, 09:18 AM
lube it and replace wiper blad

the hydralic arm may be out of grease and need to be lubed up.

if you dont i could burn out the motor and wiper gears

Abuimad
02-02-2006, 12:49 PM
i had my wipers replaced recently, and they worked fine for a week, then the same thing happened as u described..it seems to be messing it up more than its helping.....(wipers replaced were original...)

SLAMMED_C
02-02-2006, 03:11 PM
for your condition.. where the wiper wasnt used for a while and on the first wipe across it smeared.. but on the return wipe it cleared.. thats common when you dont use the wiper. just give it a quick wipe down (the rubber on the blade) and it should be fine.. but if it continues to smear.. then you need a new insert. the benz wipers are shit.. they only last 15,000km at most!

97C28O
02-02-2006, 04:10 PM
Try RainX..

benzonline
02-03-2006, 09:07 PM
when re-greasing the wiper assembly should the old grease somehow be removed or do you just put more grease?

Do I use white grease?