PDA

View Full Version : Options for 99 C230K Repair Manual/Guide???

xvvvz
02-03-2006, 03:54 PM
What do you all use for guides on repairing your 202's (U.S. 99 C230 Kompressor)? Can you buy a shop manual? I found the Startek site but that does not seem practical given how much it costs. The North American site for Haynes does not list any books for this series. I couldn't find anything at the Chilton site either. Does anyone offer CD copies of the factory manuals?

Thanks,
Doug

Pagz
02-03-2006, 04:39 PM
welcome to the club!
your right,haynes doesnt produce a manual for the 230K,but the one they do produce for the c-class covers basicly everything bar the SC and intercooler system..i have the haynes book,its good!

xvvvz
02-03-2006, 05:21 PM
Thanks for the info. I couldn't find anything listed on their U.S. website but it actually looks like a book from Europe (?). I guess that would explain it. Do they talk about spanners, boots, bonnets, etc.? That would take me back to the days of working on my little Austin Healey.

Here is the ISBN for others who are interested in finding a local source for this book - ISBN: 1859605117 . Amazon lists it for the U.S. but you might be able to get it faster by clicking on the link to the partner websites.

So that is about it for repair manuals? Too bad their isn't something from Mercedes (other than online) or Bentley Publications.

Thanks!
Doug

Pagz
02-03-2006, 05:51 PM
your welcome!...
the book is haynes #3511...it covers C180,200,220,230 and C250D right down to how to strip and rebuild the engine...all torque settings are there also along with tips on correct tools and methods!....

I should be a salesman for haynes:D

Paul

NISMOPOWERED
02-03-2006, 09:19 PM
WIS on a laptop. Alldata as long as I have internet. WIS just takes a little time to learn.

Denlasoul
02-03-2006, 09:21 PM
This may interest you. (http://www.books4cars.com/result3.htm?finddesc=c230)

benzaddict
02-04-2006, 08:58 AM
You can buy a repair manual on CD direct from the dealer and it includes ETM's and everything. Pretty good for the DIY'er.

xvvvz
02-04-2006, 10:17 AM
I just called the dealer and they (at least this particular dealer)said it had to be ordered directly through Mercedes, so I called MB and they said it is available for $49.85 + $5 shipping plus any tax with a 7-10 day delivery.

benzaddict, is it the same set of data that is given to an MB mechanic at the dealer? The woman at MB was really just an order taker and couldn't give any description. I haven't been able to find any info. on their website about this product.

Thanks,
Doug

Hokke
02-04-2006, 11:23 AM
Russian EPC-online (http://www.detali.ru/cat/oem_mb0.asp?TP=1) helps you with partnumbers. And as mentioned WIS is good.

benzaddict
02-04-2006, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by xvvvz
benzaddict, is it the same set of data that is given to an MB mechanic at the dealer?

It has a lot of the same information, but is not as complete. At the dealer we use WIS, as these other guys have mentioned and it is by far the most comprehensive. But for the average user, I think the CD's are more than enough. If I had a copy I'd burn one for ya, but I don't have one for the W202.