PDA

View Full Version : stock suspension questions

davis449
02-07-2006, 10:28 AM
I did some searching and I couldn't totally find the answer to a couple questions I have. My car just turned over 70K. I know for a fact that the front driver's side shock is only around 20-25K miles old, but the rest have been on there for the whole 70K. I was thinking it might be time to replace them, but I'm just not sure what to do.

Now to my questions. I would like to know what the 99 Sport suspension setup is really like. How is it really different from stock Elegance suspension? I already know the sway bars are thicker, I know Bilstein makes the shocks for both of them, and I know how the spring pad system works. What want to know is what's the difference between the stock setups on the Elegance and Sport versions? Are the springs stiffened for the Sport or is it just the shocks that are stiffened or both? The reason I ask, is because once I call the dealer and find out exactly when my car goes out of warranty, I will potentially need to make a decision about what I want to do to the suspension if I want to do anything at all. Also, is it possible to put Bilstein Sport shocks (with the shorter stature and all) on stock C 280 Sport springs? I've searched and searched but haven't been able to find a direct answer.

I don't need suspension setup suggestions as I already know what the majority of you run as far as lowering and handling setups. Your help is much appreciated.

jnolte
02-07-2006, 08:59 PM
i wouldent worry about replacing the other shocks, they should be fine

davis449
02-08-2006, 07:19 AM
Oh I meant replacing all 4 shocks not just the three that are 70K miles old.