PDA

View Full Version : Check Engine Light

kjf1234
02-08-2006, 05:34 AM
Hi have a question , my check engine light just came on today. Now it did come on about 2 months ago and i tightened the gas cap drove around a few minutes and it went off. I did the same thing today and i filled her up as ther e might have been some air that got in as suggested is a previous thread on the forums here and made sure i tightened the gas cap fully andthe light is still on drove about 45k and nothing. Any ideads on what i should check before i take her in

Thanks for all the help in advance .

PS i have a 2000 C230 K

martattack
02-08-2006, 08:50 AM
Many auto parts stores such as Schucks, Kragen, Checker, Autozone, etc, will pull your Check Engine codes for you. Before you take it into a dealer, you should do that and report back with the code.

Denlasoul
02-08-2006, 08:58 AM
I agree with Boomin. I would aslo suggest you pick one up, they are like $100 or so. Pretty useful and it pays for itself if you use it a few times.

trymonlam
02-08-2006, 09:20 AM
den, what is that diagnostic tool called? i don't think u and boomin are talking about the same thing.

Denlasoul
02-08-2006, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by trymonlam
den, what is that diagnostic tool called? i don't think u and boomin are talking about the same thing.
Here is the main page. (http://www.actron.com/)

I got a CP9135 with diagnostic CD from ebay. It was about $100 new.

martattack
02-08-2006, 12:36 PM
Yes, we are. Just a regular OBD-II code scanner.

Originally posted by trymonlam

rcltrh
02-08-2006, 02:03 PM
If you have a '94 and up Mercedes an OBD-II read/reset tool is almost a requirement, sad to say. I have to use it on both of mine almost as often as I change the oil. However, just run it by the Autozone, Pep-boys, Oreilly's, etc and they will check it for you for free. Then you can report back what they found.

rollinrealbig
02-08-2006, 05:32 PM
i have a Mac diognostic scanner for sale ... new ones like it are $2K + ... make me an offer if your intrested.

sorry if thats off topic.