PDA

View Full Version : Oil Light comes on when I drive on the highway

JConnX
02-12-2006, 01:50 PM
I checked my oil level today and it is fine, but nearly everytime I get on the highway the little orange oil light comes on. It never comes on while I'm driving in the city, though. Has anyone else had a similar problem? The temp is always right around 80 degrees C, if that helps.

TIA

Pablo7
02-12-2006, 03:33 PM
your oil level when going on high rpm is low
add a little oil and the light wont show up again

htfan1
02-13-2006, 11:31 AM
Hey JConnX,

I just noticed your Motley Cure Avatar image. Do you understand the meaning behind that symbol?

JConnX
02-13-2006, 01:22 PM
Yes, I do realize that it has Satanic ties, but it also is Masonic, Wiccan, and even Christian. I don't mean to offend anybody, but if you'd like me to take it down I have no problem doing so. :)

htfan1
02-13-2006, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by JConnX
Yes, I do realize that it has Satanic ties, but it also is Masonic, Wiccan, and even Christian. I don't mean to offend anybody, but if you'd like me to take it down I have no problem doing so. :)

Your Avatar image should be whatever you believe is right for you. I was just wondering if you knew what that symbol meant.

FYI: the primary association is a "dark" one. That is probably why Motley Crue decided to use it.

benzfan
02-17-2006, 12:52 AM
There is the possibility that your oil level sender is faulty. The floats occasionally leak and fill up with oil and sink slightly. When the oil is hot, it will activate the light. Check your oil level. If it is correct on the dipstick, do not add more oil just to shut the light off. Change the sensor next time you change the oil. The sensor just bolts to the side of the oil pan. The new one doesn't come with a new O-ring, so make sure you get one of those too. I just did one on one of my cars for the exact symptoms you have (light on after a while on the highway). I adds maybe 3 minutes to your oil change.

benzfan
02-17-2006, 12:53 AM

Not Masonic that I know of.

jnenad16
02-17-2006, 09:38 AM
I thought it was Slipknot's album cover for Vol.3.:)

nenad

JConnX
02-19-2006, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by benzfan
Not Masonic that I know of. According to Wikipedia it is :confused:

thanks for the help guys... I'll check the sensor next time :)

benzfan
02-19-2006, 05:44 PM
According to Wikipedia it is :confused:

Hmm, I've never seen it in any of my Masonic literature. Secret's out. I am one.