PDA

View Full Version : Got my car scanned...not cool.

MECP Must Be
02-21-2006, 05:14 AM
Got the codes:

Engine :
P0301-cyl 1 misfire.
p0170- fuel trim.
p0300- Random misfire.

Transmission:
-65- Control Module Failure (n 15/3)
-135- Intermittent Can Com Distortion.
-161- Intermittent Control Module Failure (n 15/3)

Gauge Cluster :
B1470-Fuel Level Sensor

Climate Control:
1233- Temp Sensor? b12/1
1416- Circulation Pump a31/m1
1417- left water valve
1419-Electromagnetic Clutch.

Air Bags:
Passenger recognition thing b48

I am getting overwhelmed here. What do you guys think? Is it even worth replacing all of these things? SHould I just get rid of it? My pockets aren't very deep.

NISMOPOWERED
02-21-2006, 07:35 AM
I would just clear them and see what comes back. As I recall you get codes every time you scan it. Welcome to Benz ownership!

kameraguy
02-21-2006, 08:40 AM
I'm assuming you are scanning your car because of a current issue?

If so, do any of these codes sound relevant?

I agree with NISMO that you should clear the codes and see if they return...but if this information fits with the symptoms you are experiencing....some of this sounds like it could be stuff relatively easy to check...such as the misfires. Could be bad coil packs or plugs.....although your transmission sounds like it's having problems!

jnenad16
02-21-2006, 09:41 AM

jnenad16
02-21-2006, 09:42 AM
my guess, bad OVP relay or the MAS. but hopefully benzaddict can clarify this.

nenad

crazy00c230k
02-21-2006, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by NISMOPOWERED
I would just clear them and see what comes back. As I recall you get codes every time you scan it. Welcome to Benz ownership!

thats exactly what u should do, sometimes codes get set off and its nothing, see what comes back and those that do return are things u should think about fixing. Also i had a misfire in one of my cylinders and it turned out to be a coil, pretty inexpensive fix, and as i recall the knock that it caused set off a bunch more codes that didnt come back once the coil was fixed

benzaddict
02-21-2006, 08:34 PM
Got the codes:

Engine :
P0301-cyl 1 misfire.----Most likely caused by bad air mass sensor
p0170- fuel trim.--------------Most likely bad air mass sensor and root of your problem.
p0300- Random misfire.----Same as other misfire code

Transmission:
-65- Control Module Failure (n 15/3)-----Very common code
-135- Intermittent Can Com Distortion.----Very common code
-161- Intermittent Control Module Failure (n 15/3)----Very common code

Gauge Cluster :
B1470-Fuel Level Sensor----Very common code-don't worry about it unless your gas gauge is giving you problems.

Climate Control:
1233- Temp Sensor? b12/1----Very common code
1416- Circulation Pump a31/m1----Very common code
1417- left water valve----Very common code
1419-Electromagnetic Clutch.----Very common code

Air Bags:
Passenger recognition thing b48----Unless you are driving with a child seat don't worry about it.

Most of those codes are very common and come up on almost every 202 you scan, don't worry about most of them, except the exceptions I wrote. As for the engine codes: P0170 means your fuel trim is at it's max which is 95% of the time caused by a faulty air mass sensor. The misfire codes could be a result of the bad air mass, because when you give it a lot of throttle, the air mass can't keep up, it runs lean and misfires, and sets a misfire code. Sounds like it's time for a new air mass sensor, clear the codes and see if any problems comeback.

MECP Must Be
02-22-2006, 03:55 AM
Thank you everyone. Expecially you BenzAddict! I was freaking out. I had them reset the codes and when my check engine light comes back on I will go back and get it scanned again. After that I will go ahead and order my MAS and reset it again. Hopefully all will be well. Thank you. I will report back! :D

unHookt
03-15-2006, 04:25 PM
can you scan your own car or do you have to bring it in?

hvmercy
03-15-2006, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by unHookt
can you scan your own car or do you have to bring it in?

nm

crit1
03-24-2006, 08:05 AM
On my 202, I've been getting P1341 which is the camshaft timing sensor code. My mechanic has changed the sensor and the camshaft position sensor and the light keeps on coming on with the same code. What else could it be? I also had my throttle actuator rebuilt and installed with a few new hoses. Could any of that also be triggering the P1341 code?

fltrplntman
04-01-2006, 11:26 AM
Just take the MAS out and clean it with electrical contact cleaner . I did this and my check engine light went out. I posted a step by step procedure on how to do this in a few posts previous to this one. titled "'Had my check enging light come on' .
The P0170 is caused by a dirty MAS. P0171 is a faulty MAS.

'
Originally posted by benzaddict
Got the codes:

Engine :
P0301-cyl 1 misfire.----Most likely caused by bad air mass sensor
p0170- fuel trim.--------------Most likely bad air mass sensor and root of your problem.
p0300- Random misfire.----Same as other misfire code

As for the engine codes: P0170 means your fuel trim is at it's max which is 95% of the time caused by a faulty air mass sensor. The misfire codes could be a result of the bad air mass, because when you give it a lot of throttle, the air mass can't keep up, it runs lean and misfires, and sets a misfire code. Sounds like it's time for a new air mass sensor, clear the codes and see if any problems comeback.