PDA

View Full Version : combining aftermarket parts

K_Sport Driver
02-21-2006, 11:18 AM
I did a search on these two companies, but no thread came up.

I've been looking around at performance products, and have looked intently on the Revzone chip and kleeman pulley upgrade. I know kleeman does an entire package with chip, filter, and pulley for $ungodly, and that it puts out numbers of 225hp and 244tq. On the Revzone site, it claims numbers of 221hp and 230 tq for $795.

At the risk of creating a Frankenstein benz, i thought it best to ask before committing to any plan, but would it make sense that the kleeman pulley, the revzone chip, and a custom intake would make more power than the kleeman package alone? i know the kleeman products are designed to work together, but would there be any conflict if using parts from different companies, especially with the increased boost?

I'm no stranger to improving engine aspiration and power, but there were no chips or boost products for my dearly departed toyota, so I'm a bit on the fringe of understanding. any help would be greatly appreciated.

jnenad16
02-21-2006, 02:10 PM
stick with one tuner, especially if you are getting a package, since, like you said, they are designed to work together.

nenad

SLAMMED_C
03-09-2006, 11:27 AM
Kleemann doesnt have the tuning package for the M111 W202 motor anymore. so you are SOL.. but it depends on what you like.. if one company has one thing you like and another company has another thing you like.. mix and match.. but definetly one company that sells a "package" would be better as all the parts are designed to work together for optimal performance.

Abuimad
03-09-2006, 02:54 PM
well a package definetly sounds better....

what other companies offer performance packages for 202's