PDA

View Full Version : something dead wrong with breaks ??

Abuimad
02-21-2006, 01:22 PM
i just got my car back from the repairs shop after about 2 months of it being in the body shop....now i noiticed while i was in the highway that when i break the steering wheels shifts left.......the harder i break...the harder the steering wheel jerks...now at the speeds that i drive in this is VERY dangerous...so i was wondering if ne1 has ne idea y this is happening

jnenad16
02-21-2006, 02:07 PM
your suspension is screwed up from the accident. did the shop replace the control arm bushings and ball joints?
another scenario could be that one of the calipers is sticking since the car hasnt been driven in 2 months.

nenad

NISMOPOWERED
02-21-2006, 02:51 PM
does it pull when your off the break then pulls harder when you step on them? A sticking caliper or low tire could cause it. If it does not pull just going down the road then something might be shifting when you step on the breaks.

jnolte
02-21-2006, 05:58 PM
frame bent?

benzaddict
02-21-2006, 08:18 PM
If it only pulls during braking, might want to bleed the brakes. A lot of times body shops have to open up the brake hydraulics during repairs and if there's a little air in the line to a particular caliper it will react slower and make the car pull. Either way it sounds like you need to take it back to the shop that "fixed" it.

Abuimad
02-21-2006, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by jnenad16
your suspension is screwed up from the accident. did the shop replace the control arm bushings and ball joints?

nenad

i did replace the control arm bushing and ball....and my suspention was checked and fixed....now im thinking its some air stuck in the brake lines.....
the car only pulls left when i step on the brake.....

cant it be something other that air ?

Grech
02-22-2006, 03:08 AM
Could it be warped brake discs?

NISMOPOWERED
02-22-2006, 07:23 AM
Warped rotors will cause a pulsation not a pull. Bleed the fronts and check the operation of the right caliper.

Abuimad
02-22-2006, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by NISMOPOWERED
Warped rotors will cause a pulsation not a pull. Bleed the fronts and check the operation of the right caliper.

ill propably do that, and i hope its something easy to fix cause i cant afford to have the car acting all funny on me since i really need it now.........

roundeler
02-23-2006, 12:57 PM
Here in the upper midwest when my 2000 C280 ABS engages on ICE it seems to work horribly. My 89 Volvo ABS works better w/o snow tires! Please let me know how to check the ABS function at the wheels.

I went into a skidding stop at a stoplight and felt i had to steer to control the skid AND it was skidding not pulsing!

Oh and I know how the metal ring work on some ABS systems, just not familiar with the MB's.

-Mark