PDA

View Full Version : Car won't get out of gear.

Nitrous911
02-24-2006, 11:39 AM
So when I start my car yesterday, it hesitate to start, but it fired up. Then when I went to switch out of park to drive, it was stuck, but the car was still on. Feels like it was locked or something. Pretty weird problem, just wondering if anyone could shed some light on the problem. Thanks

c55m8o
02-24-2006, 12:51 PM
When I heard about the hesiation @ start and tranni behaviour I thought MAF. Did you add K&N's the last few 1000 miles or clean & re-oil if you already have them? The latter one is the one that really burned me. Also it only took my tranni fluid being low by just a fraction of a quart for my car to do freaky things, one of them being to jump into neutral upon hi-G right turns. A few times it wouldn't upshift, but that was more the bad MAF.

jnolte
02-24-2006, 01:48 PM
perhaps its the sensor that senses the brake being applied to let the tranny get out of park?

my freind CLK55 amg has the sam problem and he had to use a pen to shove into the manual unlock, im not sure the w202 has this manual unlock thing

can anyone confirm?

Nitrous911
02-24-2006, 02:07 PM
I called a shop and they said they same thing you did about the pen. I had to maunally shift the car out of park. He needs to take a look at the car to know for sure what was the problem. I'll post back with what the outcome was.

Abuimad
02-24-2006, 04:15 PM
how do u use the pen..were do u insert it ?

SLAMMED_C
02-24-2006, 04:15 PM
only the 2000 W202 cars have this ability to be taken out of park with a pen.. all other 202's are screwed!!
this has happened to me too.. but it happened when it was -15 to -20 degrees outside!.. Im not sure if the cable for the shifter lock release freezes up or what.. but in your case it may be the brake light switch.

benzonline
03-05-2006, 10:41 AM
this is so ghetto...you'd expect to use pens to get a ford out of park not a benz!

Abuimad
03-05-2006, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by benzonline
this is so ghetto...you'd expect to use pens to get a ford out of park not a benz!

no its a plan B, so incase this does happen u dont get stuck..whats stupid is that they should have done it before 2000