PDA

View Full Version : NEED HELP ASAP - Fuel Rail Mounting Cylinder

CKlasse
07-22-2003, 06:17 AM
Guys,

I desperately need your help. Yesterday as I was taking out my fuel rail & injectors again, I accidentally drop the 'cylinder' that the fuel rail is mounted on. It looks like a 1/2"x 1/2"x1 1/2" cylinder. It's nothing more than a 'spacer.'

The damn thing fell somewhere between the engine and the tranny shield. What supposed to be 1/2 job became 4 hours job and this 'whatever you call it' is still missing.

I called dealership... and of course not to my surprise, they told me I have to buy the WHOLE fuel rail. I am sure I could buy this part alone if I have the part #

Thanks in advance for your help.

JRE320
07-22-2003, 10:04 AM
Did u try using a magnet? one of those magnets that look like an antena so you could extend it to reach the difficult aprtwhere u can't reach?

CKlasse
07-22-2003, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by JRE320
Did u try using a magnet? one of those magnets that look like an antena so you could extend it to reach the difficult aprtwhere u can't reach?

Negative.. These are aluminum spacers :) I solved the problems though. I went to LOEW Home Improvement and got myself a aluminum tubing..cut the thing to the spec and re-install the whole fuel rail back in. It works fine!

sigh.... just another non-oem parts in the benz :p :p

thanks!