PDA

View Full Version : Bigger bump stops?

VIP_MBZ
02-28-2006, 08:53 AM
I was wondering if there was a way we could run a centimeter or two thicker bump stop to further shorten the stroke of the shock absorber. Just looking for a solution to bottoming against the wheel well on extreme dips during hard turns. Speedy? Anyone?

-Ray

jnenad16
02-28-2006, 08:30 PM
as far as I know, no. the shock shaft wont extend fully through the perch, and you wont be able to tighten the shock.

nenad

c280nz
03-01-2006, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by jnenad16
as far as I know, no. the shock shaft wont extend fully through the perch, and you wont be able to tighten the shock.

nenad
the bump stop is on the shock shaft and doesnt have any influence on the bolt design on the top of the shock :confused:

i cant see why you cant buy another bump stop and cut it to the length you require and put it on the shock shaft aswell as the original on each side.
but my advice would be to just do some panel beating or cutting of the liner of the rear guard, or run a spacer

jnenad16
03-01-2006, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by c280nz
the bump stop is on the shock shaft and doesnt have any influence on the bolt design on the top of the shock :confused:

i cant see why you cant buy another bump stop and cut it to the length you require and put it on the shock shaft aswell as the original on each side.
but my advice would be to just do some panel beating or cutting of the liner of the rear guard, or run a spacer
come to think of it a bit better,you are right, I forgot there is a machined groove and a washer that limit the shaft from extending too far, so this allows for extra room. my bad on previous post, I was too tired.:)

nenad