PDA

View Full Version : disconnecting bypass valve on c230k?

ryhi
03-04-2006, 12:18 AM
has anyone with a c230k disconnected their bypass valve from the stock air box? what kind of filter did you use and how did you connect it? how did you plug up the hole in the stock airbox after disconnecting the bypass valve?

ryhi
03-04-2006, 12:22 AM
slammed c? i was looking at your cardomain page, im sure you can help me out? i see you used a small k&n, but what did you use to mount it on?

SLAMMED_C
03-04-2006, 07:38 AM
Yeh I did all that work on my car!!.. full custom intake.
I ended up using a very small K&N filter on the bypass valve.. but I had to make a flange, made it out of aluminium and had it welded up.
Ill see if I can dig up some pics of it..

Pagz
03-04-2006, 12:35 PM
hey i just had to jump in on this thread;)heres a pic of the flange you may need to construct,you will also need a blank-off piece for the side of the airbox,you may also have to reposition the bypass alittle so the filter fits in between...
i had all my intake parts for sale with free delivery to LA...but looks like the deal fell through,so iv had trouble even giving the stuff away lol

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/735000-735999/735658_134_full.jpg

ryhi
03-04-2006, 02:58 PM
did u make the flange? or did you customize one from a different car?

Pagz
03-04-2006, 03:53 PM
Slammedc and i both made them.

K_Sport Driver
03-04-2006, 04:49 PM
i'll by the parts if they're still for sale. what are you asking?:D

Pagz
03-04-2006, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by K_Sport Driver
i'll by the parts if they're still for sale. what are you asking?:D

It depends on what you want out of your intake...
the best scenario would be to install this part,which replaces the intake cast part of the SC,then make a custom 3" pipe into the gaurd with filter.
then install the bypass filter.
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/735000-735999/735658_127_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/735000-735999/735658_130_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/735000-735999/735658_128_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/735000-735999/735658_129_full.jpg
the configuration i ran included piping only to where the OEM filter resided as you can see here:
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/735000-735999/735658_4_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/735000-735999/735658_3_full.jpg

originally I was after 70USD for the bypass K&N filter,filter flange,SC intake flange,3" intake pipe and SC pressure side flange.it did not include the samco hoses,hose clamps and HKS filter...
also the SC pressure side flange is only useful if you run a custom IC!....
Its really only suited to a keen modder...as you will need to remove your SC to install!,so im not suprised when people turn down the offer as most like to buy somthing of ebay and have a direct bolt in part...

SLAMMED_C
03-04-2006, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by 23K
It depends on what you want out of your intake...
the best scenario would be to install this part,which replaces the intake cast part of the SC,then make a custom 3" pipe into the gaurd with filter.
then install the bypass filter.

originally I was after 70USD for the bypass K&N filter,filter flange,SC intake flange,3" intake pipe and SC pressure side flange.it did not include the samco hoses,hose clamps and HKS filter...
also the SC pressure side flange is only useful if you run a custom IC!....
Its really only suited to a keen modder...as you will need to remove your SC to install!,so im not suprised when people turn down the offer as most like to buy somthing of ebay and have a direct bolt in part...

Im interested in your SC boost side fange!!

Pagz
03-05-2006, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by SLAMMED_C
Im interested in your SC boost side fange!!

hmmm could this mean custom IC on the way:D
well as theres very little/no demand for it,its all yours if you want man!
If you want I can maybe have it taken to US for free then ground shipped to you so it would be a fraction of the price to ship from here,how much do you think it would cost to ship somthing small/light from LA to CAN?

SLAMMED_C
03-05-2006, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by 23K
hmmm could this mean custom IC on the way:D
well as theres very little/no demand for it,its all yours if you want man!
If you want I can maybe have it taken to US for free then ground shipped to you so it would be a fraction of the price to ship from here,how much do you think it would cost to ship somthing small/light from LA to CAN?
HE HE... maybe!!
I still want to make my car faster.. even though I want to do the engine swap.. I still need to find a car to do that.. and who knows when that will be.. so until then.. I may as well do a few more things to my engine!
looking into cams still.. header.. retune my chip.
and yeh Id love to do a custom intercooler.. bore my throttle body.. the list is endless man!!
that would be awesome if ya can do that.. how ya gonna get it to Cali!!? not sure the costs.. maybe $30?!

Pagz
03-05-2006, 02:00 PM
ha ha and then you can get lumma'd ;) ;) ;)
a header would definatly be a good upgrade!!!,should at least be another 10HP+!
um iv got that hostess stayin with us,shes finishing up at the end of the month,but she's happy to take the goods over with her and post them when she arrives!,Iv been trying to find somone to purchase my hagus mirrors!!..turns out there proving hard to give away also LOL...
just been into parts supply today...got me a new wiper,sump gasket,new gear shift stick(as it was worn through the leather),and damn there expensive!(200),also got two new front gaurd liners,as mine were cracked when i pulled them out...they have made them different now and the three vents no longer stick out infront of the wheel!...as i had to cut my old ones to stop it rubbing when turning or reversing...finally MB is thinking of us modders:D

actually....i just thought this wont be suited to you unless your thinking of running the IC piping where your intake is!!!...it maybe better for you to use the OEM casting and run new piping of that?!?!

K_Sport Driver
03-05-2006, 02:05 PM
:( I wanted the intake and charge pipe :(

Pagz
03-05-2006, 02:17 PM
:( I wanted the intake and charge pipe :(

ops totally forgot you mentioned that!!...the intake is still for sale!....do you plan to run a custom IC?,if so there are two paths to run it from...unfortunatly each one has its pros/cons!..
the SC charge flange i made is best suited to having the filter box still in the engine compartment,so if you run the intake into the gaurd you will need a different SC charge flange or use the OEM item to install a custom IC.

also where is Bloomington IN?

SLAMMED_C
03-05-2006, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by ryhi
did u make the flange? or did you customize one from a different car?
as 23k said.. we both made our own flanges.. heres mine...
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/266000-266999/266992_434_full.jpg

SLAMMED_C
03-05-2006, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by 23K
ha ha and then you can get lumma'd ;) ;) ;)
a header would definatly be a good upgrade!!!,should at least be another 10HP+!
um iv got that hostess stayin with us,shes finishing up at the end of the month,but she's happy to take the goods over with her and post them when she arrives!,Iv been trying to find somone to purchase my hagus mirrors!!..turns out there proving hard to give away also LOL...
just been into parts supply today...got me a new wiper,sump gasket,new gear shift stick(as it was worn through the leather),and damn there expensive!(200),also got two new front gaurd liners,as mine were cracked when i pulled them out...they have made them different now and the three vents no longer stick out infront of the wheel!...as i had to cut my old ones to stop it rubbing when turning or reversing...finally MB is thinking of us modders:D

actually....i just thought this wont be suited to you unless your thinking of running the IC piping where your intake is!!!...it maybe better for you to use the OEM casting and run new piping of that?!?!

Im looking into somewhat of a custom header!.. getting one from one manufacturer and giving it to another to have them make a better one!!.. Im not saying any names right now cause I dont know if it will happen.. my buddy is looking into it now, he also wants a header for his car. and I dont doubt at all at least 10+hp!!.. I cant wait!!
Im still not sure if I want the lumma front.. as nice as it is.. I dont think it would be practicle for me.. Im thinking about the Brabus front now.. and of course the C43 front as well!!
oh yeh.. I remember the hostess!!!,.. well that would be awesome if she could do that.. hell Id even pay for shipping from new zealand man.. cant see it costing that much more with all honesty.
how much you want for your hagus mirrors?
wow!!.. win thte lotto?!!.. I thik I may need a new wiper too.. I have lots of them laying around though!..
the shift knob was $200????!!.. damn man! I need a new one too.. mine is all worn through. cheap ass leather!!
really.. any pics of the fender liners??.. Im interested to see. lol.. yeh that will be the day.. MB thinks about the modders!!
I will definetly slightly change the SC boost side flange.. as I want to keep my filter in the fender liner area.. and run the IC pipe where it goes now.. but notch out the frame to fit larger diameter pipe through.

K_Sport Driver
03-05-2006, 02:57 PM
I wasn't currently planning on running a custom intercooler, but it's always an option. I would buy whatever you had, and then build on from there, depending on what direction I want to go, or think would provide the best results, even if that includes the charge side, unless Slammed has dibs.

I'm no noob to modding. I've been doing mostly japanese cars for the last 6 years, including turbo'ing a 2.5RS and repairing a rear differential on an STi (I have too many subaru-obsessed friends). I wouldn't have a problem getting my hands dirty, and i know replacing the casing would remove a lot of restriction.

Bloomington is in Indiana, the US. small college town.

ryhi
03-05-2006, 03:44 PM
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/266000-266999/266992_434_full.jpg

how much did that cost you?

rollinrealbig
03-05-2006, 03:50 PM

do you wanna sho a picture of what that looks like all-mounted ?

K_Sport Driver
03-05-2006, 04:00 PM
there's at least one pic on page one. look for the thing that just looks like a filter sticking out of a black hose.

rollinrealbig
03-05-2006, 04:15 PM
there's at least one pic on page one. look for the thing that just looks like a filter sticking out of a black hose.

ok so maybe I am a little slo .... ill go work on my goped now. LoL

Pagz
03-05-2006, 05:22 PM
Im looking into somewhat of a custom header!.. getting one from one manufacturer and giving it to another to have them make a better one!!.. Im not saying any names right now cause I dont know if it will happen.. my buddy is looking into it now, he also wants a header for his car. and I dont doubt at all at least 10+hp!!.. I cant wait!!
Im still not sure if I want the lumma front.. as nice as it is.. I dont think it would be practicle for me.. Im thinking about the Brabus front now.. and of course the C43 front as well!!
oh yeh.. I remember the hostess!!!,.. well that would be awesome if she could do that.. hell Id even pay for shipping from new zealand man.. cant see it costing that much more with all honesty.
how much you want for your hagus mirrors?
wow!!.. win thte lotto?!!.. I thik I may need a new wiper too.. I have lots of them laying around though!..
the shift knob was $200????!!.. damn man! I need a new one too.. mine is all worn through. cheap ass leather!!
really.. any pics of the fender liners??.. Im interested to see. lol.. yeh that will be the day.. MB thinks about the modders!!
I will definetly slightly change the SC boost side flange.. as I want to keep my filter in the fender liner area.. and run the IC pipe where it goes now.. but notch out the frame to fit larger diameter pipe through.

Custom Huh!!...saw a guy on MBKlasse had a custom one made!...net'd good gains even though it didnt look that free flowing!...so i guess you've ponderd the Super sprint option?,any reason for not going that route?
oh i just saw lumma front under future mods on your web!,must have been there before i told you how low it was!...
yip,that hostess:D,i'll find out when she fly's out next...will let you know!...
cool so you want the SC pressure side!...you could also do what i did and cut a hole for the intake and use the triangular part for the IC;)
ha ha nope damn wish i won!!!...just slapped it on CC lol,i ordered the parts months ago but after the turbo mod'n started i told them i wouldnt be picking it up for a while!!
heres a pic,notice the vents are now flush,so they dont hit the front of the wheel!
...And thats not club202 on my work computer!:bandit:
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/735000-735999/735658_155_full.jpg
haha i just noticed all the parts are in that pic...that cardbord to the right is the gasket,and the white strip is the wiper..also to the left is the box with the shifter in it...hmmm so what dooo i do at work????:rolleyes:

as for the hagus mirrors they cost me 300US plus shipping...which ended up being 535NZD...alittle steep huh!...i was hoping to get 100USD back...cant believe there has been so little intrest!...maybe nobody saw it in classifieds!...

Pagz
03-05-2006, 05:34 PM
I wasn't currently planning on running a custom intercooler, but it's always an option. I would buy whatever you had, and then build on from there, depending on what direction I want to go, or think would provide the best results, even if that includes the charge side, unless Slammed has dibs.

I'm no noob to modding. I've been doing mostly japanese cars for the last 6 years, including turbo'ing a 2.5RS and repairing a rear differential on an STi (I have too many subaru-obsessed friends). I wouldn't have a problem getting my hands dirty, and i know replacing the casing would remove a lot of restriction.

Bloomington is in Indiana, the US. small college town.

Excellent,sounds like you qualify for custom parts:D...looks like slammed has a hold of the pressure side,but i can ship you the SC intake and bypass filter/filter flange if you wish!

are you planning to run the filter to the gaurd?,if so i wont include the 3" pipe that sights the filter in the engine bay as it will be of little use.and you will need to constuct a new 3" pipe to the gaurd.
if not than i'll include the pipe,but it would be best to constuct a cold air box to house the filter.
just let me know what you prefer?....

Pagz
03-05-2006, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by rollinrealbig
ok so maybe I am a little slo .... ill go work on my goped now. LoL

ROFL:D

Pagz
03-05-2006, 05:48 PM
900:cool:

SLAMMED_C
03-05-2006, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by ryhi
how much did that cost you?
it cost me about $60-70,
heres a pic on my car...
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/266000-266999/266992_225_full.jpg

SLAMMED_C
03-05-2006, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by 23K
Custom Huh!!...saw a guy on MBKlasse had a custom one made!...net'd good gains even though it didnt look that free flowing!...so i guess you've ponderd the Super sprint option?,any reason for not going that route?
oh i just saw lumma front under future mods on your web!,must have been there before i told you how low it was!...
yip,that hostess:D,i'll find out when she fly's out next...will let you know!...
cool so you want the SC pressure side!...you could also do what i did and cut a hole for the intake and use the triangular part for the IC;)
ha ha nope damn wish i won!!!...just slapped it on CC lol,i ordered the parts months ago but after the turbo mod'n started i told them i wouldnt be picking it up for a while!!
heres a pic,notice the vents are now flush,so they dont hit the front of the wheel!
...And thats not club202 on my work computer!:bandit:
haha i just noticed all the parts are in that pic...that cardbord to the right is the gasket,and the white strip is the wiper..also to the left is the box with the shifter in it...hmmm so what dooo i do at work????:rolleyes:

as for the hagus mirrors they cost me 300US plus shipping...which ended up being 535NZD...alittle steep huh!...i was hoping to get 100USD back...cant believe there has been so little intrest!...maybe nobody saw it in classifieds!...
Yeh custom!!.. when you email me back ill let you know what its all about.. thats if you ever email me back!!
but I had thought about SS.. this one will be better though!
I was going to get the SS header.. then my buddy had an idea.. so were seeing if his idea will work.
Yeh i had that option on my site!.. but Im still not sure about it. the lumma is nice.. but still not sure. I love low.. but I just dont want to destory the bumper going in and out of driveways and over speed bumps.. there are a lot of those around!!
cool.. letme know when she flies out.. lets make it happen!! need that boost flange!
Im gonna do mine a lil backwards!!.. Im still gonna run my intake through the triangle piece.. and then run my boost pipe where the stock is and make the passage way larger to accomodate the larger pipe! I like to be different!!
cool.. the fender liners are better now!.. I think I have the older kind.. I replaced mine a year or so back.. all cracked and such.
whats the shifter know look like?.. just a stock one?
so you want $400 us for the mirrors?

K_Sport Driver
03-05-2006, 07:20 PM
yeah, I can get my hands on some raw materials and just box off the filter where the stock airbox is currently. that way I'll trap the air coming from the duct behind the headlight and not have to worry about finding the 3" bends to place it into the bumper or whether or not superchargers like drinking from Indiana potholes :D I'll just assume they don't!

Anyway, how much would you like for what you have, and how would you like it sent? :bunny:

Pagz
03-05-2006, 11:17 PM
Yeh custom!!.. when you email me back ill let you know what its all about.. thats if you ever email me back!!
but I had thought about SS.. this one will be better though!
I was going to get the SS header.. then my buddy had an idea.. so were seeing if his idea will work.
Yeh i had that option on my site!.. but Im still not sure about it. the lumma is nice.. but still not sure. I love low.. but I just dont want to destory the bumper going in and out of driveways and over speed bumps.. there are a lot of those around!!
cool.. letme know when she flies out.. lets make it happen!! need that boost flange!
Im gonna do mine a lil backwards!!.. Im still gonna run my intake through the triangle piece.. and then run my boost pipe where the stock is and make the passage way larger to accomodate the larger pipe! I like to be different!!
cool.. the fender liners are better now!.. I think I have the older kind.. I replaced mine a year or so back.. all cracked and such.
whats the shifter know look like?.. just a stock one?
so you want $400 us for the mirrors?

LOL yeh im all out of excuses,i'll get time very soon man!;)...
yeh fair call on the lumma bar,it isnt the most practical,especially when your super low already!...
kool i'll sort it out tomorrow and will let you know!...
yeh the shifter looks similar in colour to the oringinal one(black),just a shade lighter,i'll post a pic shortly,feels much better between gears thats for sure!(if only it was drivable lol)
Um actually i ment 100USD for the mirrors!!!

Pagz
03-05-2006, 11:29 PM
yeah, I can get my hands on some raw materials and just box off the filter where the stock airbox is currently. that way I'll trap the air coming from the duct behind the headlight and not have to worry about finding the 3" bends to place it into the bumper or whether or not superchargers like drinking from Indiana potholes :D I'll just assume they don't!

Anyway, how much would you like for what you have, and how would you like it sent? :bunny:

sounds good,yeh water and engine dont mix well:D...for the intake flange,bypass filter,bypass flange and 3'' pipe it would be nice to get 70USD!+local shipping cost in US...as the filter cost me 120NZD,alloy 60,and 140 for all welding.
the deal doesnt include the samco hoses and hose clamps or intake filter as its pricey stuff...
it looks like my friend flys out in two days to LA.so if your keen PM me your full address etc and i'll get it to you!.

SLAMMED_C
03-06-2006, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by 23K
LOL yeh im all out of excuses,i'll get time very soon man!;)...
yeh fair call on the lumma bar,it isnt the most practical,especially when your super low already!...
kool i'll sort it out tomorrow and will let you know!...
yeh the shifter looks similar in colour to the oringinal one(black),just a shade lighter,i'll post a pic shortly,feels much better between gears thats for sure!(if only it was drivable lol)
Um actually i ment 100USD for the mirrors!!!
lol.. no worries bro.. I know your all busy n such..
the lumma looks sick.. but definetly need intercooleer to fill the opening!!... and exactly.. when your car is already super low.. a reall low bumper wont help!!
sweet man.. let me know about shipping the flange..
I really need a new shifter.. I dont know what i want though!!..
lol.. if only you could be actually shifting the gears.. while driving!!
WHAT????!!.. well for $100.. Ill take em off your hands man!..
you sure thats all you want for em?

Pagz
03-06-2006, 09:52 AM
lol.. no worries bro.. I know your all busy n such..
the lumma looks sick.. but definetly need intercooleer to fill the opening!!... and exactly.. when your car is already super low.. a reall low bumper wont help!!
sweet man.. let me know about shipping the flange..
I really need a new shifter.. I dont know what i want though!!..
lol.. if only you could be actually shifting the gears.. while driving!!
WHAT????!!.. well for $100.. Ill take em off your hands man!..
you sure thats all you want for em?

lol yeh its pretty cheap huh,i know there worth more,but there no good to me if they only fit left hand drive!....Another guy just offered 125 shipped,but i saw this post first so its all yours if you like....my friend flys out tomorrow night,do you think you could PM me your address again?
yeh i did see quit a few colour options avaliable for the shifter!,but i wanted the stock look so just went for black!..i guess theres more variety in the auto stick!...
ha ha its been way too long since i drove it...i forget i even have the benz some days!!...

SLAMMED_C
03-06-2006, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by 23K
lol yeh its pretty cheap huh,i know there worth more,but there no good to me if they only fit left hand drive!....Another guy just offered 125 shipped,but i saw this post first so its all yours if you like....my friend flys out tomorrow night,do you think you could PM me your address again?
yeh i did see quit a few colour options avaliable for the shifter!,but i wanted the stock look so just went for black!..i guess theres more variety in the auto stick!...
ha ha its been way too long since i drove it...i forget i even have the benz some days!!...
I will take them off your hands man.. and I will give you $125 for them!! thats really cheap!!
I will pm you my address.. sweet.. so I will have some new parts soon!!
well ya cant go wrong with black man.. unless you have 2 tone interior.. then 2 tone shift knob!!
lol.. I bet!!.. its been so long since you drove that benz.. Id forget I owned one too!.. but it would kill me to know I have this sick ass C230 and I cant drive it!
pm coming....

K_Sport Driver
03-06-2006, 11:29 AM
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/735000-735999/735658_4_full.jpg
I do have a question here though. the pipe on the bottom from the SC... where do you have that going to? just the open air?

oh, and what is that between the flange and the supercharger?

Pagz
03-06-2006, 12:25 PM
hey,heres what i'll be sending you,minus the blue silicone and HKS filter.
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/735000-735999/735658_3_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/735000-735999/735658_134_full.jpg

the stuff between the SC charge flange and the SC if paper and tape...it was there to stop crap getting in while we were constructing the parts!...

K_Sport Driver
03-06-2006, 12:28 PM
oh, ok. sounds good

Pagz
03-07-2006, 12:47 PM
Dev,
just to let you know,the intake is mounted like this...i had to space the bolts back as iv made the intake as large as possible in that area,so Iv included the fitting hardware as well,and you will most likely want to use some sort of silicone gasket on installation.
also the divider sits out of the intake buy about 2mm,so you may need to file it a very tiny bit(like 3x2mm on the edge) to make it fit snug,as my SC was slightly ported and i made the divider to suit.
you will also need to slide the SC into position with the intake flange in place,its alittle tricky getting the right angles,but it does fit!...

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/735000-735999/735658_100_full.jpg

Regards,
Paul

Pagz
03-07-2006, 12:54 PM
Ross,Dev
iv contacted the hotel where my hostess will be staying in huntington beach,they said they would be happy to take her down the road to the post office!!!...very nice!
trust me guys its worth the hassel!,shipping cost from New Zealand really bites!;)

K_Sport Driver
03-07-2006, 01:07 PM
thanks for the fitment info, mate. any idea where I might be able to find such a silicone gasket? I know it's a rectangular shape...

thinking about it now, I might be able to just slice a silicone coupler, flaten it out, then cut a hole in the inside to make a seal. you think that'd work?

Pagz
03-07-2006, 02:10 PM
thanks for the fitment info, mate. any idea where I might be able to find such a silicone gasket? I know it's a rectangular shape...

thinking about it now, I might be able to just slice a silicone coupler, flaten it out, then cut a hole in the inside to make a seal. you think that'd work?

hey no problem,the best way to seal it tight would be to get some liquid silicone sealant,your local automotive parts store should be able to supply stuff which is suitable,you will only need a tiny amount(so when you do it up it doesnt sqeez out and end up inside the intake)...
i'll run you through it all when you get the parts man;)

Paul

SLAMMED_C
03-07-2006, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by 23K
Ross,Dev
iv contacted the hotel where my hostess will be staying in huntington beach,they said they would be happy to take her down the road to the post office!!!...very nice!
trust me guys its worth the hassel!,shipping cost from New Zealand really bites!;)
sweet, thanks Paul.. I look forward to getting something in the mail now!!

Luwin1026
03-07-2006, 02:46 PM
Coming from a previous 230K owner, I want to let you know that my hat is off to you guys for the awesome work that you've done. If I still had my 202, you bet your butt I'd be tapping your brains for such a mod!! Way to go, and keep it up!! ;)

Pagz
03-07-2006, 03:06 PM
sorry guys,change of plan:(...you both have PM!

thanks Luwin,wish you still had you 202 it was hella nice!!

SLAMMED_C
03-07-2006, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Luwin1026
Coming from a previous 230K owner, I want to let you know that my hat is off to you guys for the awesome work that you've done. If I still had my 202, you bet your butt I'd be tapping your brains for such a mod!! Way to go, and keep it up!! ;)
This is honestly a lot coming from you man.. you had the car everyone wanted to copy!!.. but now the new kids on the block are taking over of modding the 230K!
your car was the shit Luwin..

SLAMMED_C
03-07-2006, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by 23K
sorry guys,change of plan:(...you both have PM!

thanks Luwin,wish you still had you 202 it was hella nice!!

No worries Paul.. just as long as everything works out okay.

K_Sport Driver
03-07-2006, 04:24 PM
yeah, better to be safe than sorry. I know SOOOO many terrorists come from New Zealand, customs will want to rifle through that shit hardcore.

Pagz
03-08-2006, 04:31 PM
I know SOOOO many terrorists come from New Zealand

LOOOOL really:eek:?,your pull'n my finger right:p

good news,you both have PM!;)

Luwin1026
03-08-2006, 08:13 PM
This is honestly a lot coming from you man.. you had the car everyone wanted to copy!!.. but now the new kids on the block are taking over of modding the 230K!
your car was the shit Luwin..

You know, in a way, I'm glad that I got rid of it when I did - the 202 scene a few years back consisted of a lot of the off-the-shelf parts, and with the exception of members like nokia, the irwans, etc. - not a whole lot of custom/one-off/daring stuff was going on. To me, that's what the essence of modding is about . . . seeing these intakes on the 230K motor, 714guy getting some bumpers made, 23K rocking something unique in the Lumma bumper, etc., etc. - I had pretty much tapped the out my 202 back then, and if I had continued to "mod," it would have consisted of redoing stuff . . . like having you guys teach me how to make an intake!

You guys are great - if I can ever be of any help to you at all, just holler! - Mod on!;)