PDA

View Full Version : To restore your OEM Injectors!

CKlasse
07-22-2003, 11:34 AM
I am not sure if this belong to performance or repair. Bounce this around if needed.

I tried to restore my injectors back to OEM specs without spending too much nor ship them off to Cali (shipping+turn around time at 3 days plus two overnight shipping cost).

I know profesional cleanup will require ultrasonic bath and bench test on the spray pattern angle and flow rate. The last two is something the pro has to do, but I figure if I could do the cleaning myself - why not.

For the ultrasonic shaker, I borrow a medical ultrasonic shaker/waver from a friend who works at medical lab. Dont ask what I had to do to convince him -- it's almost pathetic :p

Then I bought a BG 44K -Fuel Cleaner and Injectors and BG Fuel Injector Cleaner for "Pro & Tool."

I mixed them in a stainless pan, then dip the whole fuel rail. Moreover, I took the rubber seals/rings off the injectors and dip the injectors in the very same pan -- I tried to leave the plastic outlets dry.

Then...shake ...shake...shake.. for 15 minutes!

Fiola!

Today, I went to Hav Machine Shop and have them test the injectors... Here are the result...

Inj - Leak Test - Spray Pattern - Failure no. 0-8 FlowRate(ml)
no 1 pass Good 56 ml
no 2 pass Good 57 ml
no 3 pass Good 56 ml
no 4 pass Good 57 ml

Total cost is $29 in BG products.... and very satisfying outcome!

The only set back is... the Injectors' black paint is gone :D :D :D

JRE320
07-22-2003, 12:08 PM
where's all the pics? :confused: :bored:

CKlasse
07-22-2003, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by JRE320
where's all the pics? :confused: :bored:

Nothing fun to see here.... just 4 injectors being cleaned. There is no complicated How-Tos. :)

It's a very effective way to clean your injectors though.

JRE320
07-24-2003, 05:16 PM
I never clean my injectors that's why I wanna see some pics for me to learn on how to do it. Common mang just a couple pleaseeeeeeeee........... :( :Ponder: :confused: :bored: ;)

CKlasse
07-24-2003, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by JRE320
I never clean my injectors that's why I wanna see some pics for me to learn on how to do it. Common mang just a couple pleaseeeeeeeee........... :( :Ponder: :confused: :bored: ;)

Sorry, JRE.. I already installed them back. What do you wanna know about this? How to take them off? etc? Perhaps I could take the picture of the fuel rail and injectors as is and mark it as in a step by step ? :)

JRE320
07-24-2003, 11:36 PM
Yes,...yes....yes....yes...... pleaseeeeeeeee........ ;) :) :cool:

CKlasse
07-25-2003, 11:08 AM
No prob whatsoever... pictures and instruction coming up soon!

JRE320
07-25-2003, 11:52 AM
;)